Fire at Point not working for some units

Fire at Point is not working for some units:

- AAA and SAMs

Don't have track but it is simple to replicate.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

I assume with "fire at point" you mean the advanced waypoint option? 

Besides, that SAM units cannot fire at point makes sense. AAA should be able to however. 

Edited by razo+r

49 minutes ago, Focha said:

Fire at Point is not working for some units:

- AAA and SAMs

Don't have track but it is simple to replicate.

as you know.....you have to place .track to see details.
I've a mission where there are several AAA units that fires into the sky, and it works fine even with last release 2.9.3.51704.

Check the point is within firing parameters of the unit.
Didn't tested with SAMs, but since they have to lock something to fire, I'm pretty sure it's normal that they are not able to perform task "fire at point"

image.png

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Hi, what units of AAA did you use?

I used SPAAA ZU-23-2 Ural and Shilka. I know some AAA units work. But this two didn't.

I am sorry for the .track not being sent. I know it surely helps but it takes time I barely have (I don't work for ED).

For the SAM I used the SA10 and SA11.

Thank you for taking the time to test it and reply.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

7 minutes ago, Focha said:

Hi, what units of AAA did you use?

I used SPAAA ZU-23-2 Ural and Shilka. I know some AAA units work. But this two didn't.

Those two work fine for me.

Remove all of your mods, run a repair and try again.

If they still do not fire at point, upload the mission or track.

7 minutes ago, Focha said:

For the SAM I used the SA10 and SA11.

That SAM units are not able to fire at point makes sense.

2 hours ago, Focha said:

I am sorry for the .track not being sent. I know it surely helps but it takes time I barely have (I don't work for ED).

Close mission, on debrief screen save track, attach file here.  Virtually no time required.  If it occurs well into a mission resulting in a big track file, yes that's a challenge.

The problem is that there are massive numbers of "bug" posts here that turn out to be user error, and without a track that can often show that very quickly, ED would have to flail around trying multiple things to recreate something that might not be recreateable.  I get you don't work for ED (neither do I), but if you want them to look at a problem, you have to show them that there is a problem (especially when you're the only one currently reporting it).