Pylon Connector

I know pylons have a line of code for what connector it uses. I am assuming this just tells it where it's located in regard to the 3d modeling and total number of pylons. My question is, what determines the pylon connector? Is that done in the 3d modeling? I can't seem to find anything in the .lua for the aircraft. 

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

Pylon code can become very complex.

There are many functions which can be activated, using args and connectors.

A example follows.

pylon(1, 0, 0, 0, 0, {use_full_connector_position = false, connector = "Point_Pilon" , arg = 309 , arg_value = 0},
        {

{ CLSID = "{HVAR}",arg_value = 0.1},
            { CLSID = "tinytim" },

}),

In this example, from the first name, pylon,

The data means,

(1, 0, 0, 0, 0,   This first digit is the number of the  pylon,

The second digit, is the type of pylon, can be zero, 1 or 2, Two being inside the aircraft bay

The next three digits are the position on the pylon in 3D space, in relation to the Zero point of the aircraft. F/B, U/D, L/R

These can be a positive or negative number.

The next section, {use_full_connector_position = false, connector = "Point_Pilon"

declare the use of the pylon, false showing the weapons full size, and true shrinking them to better fit many in a small space. Useful for bomb bays

The name of the connector used in next.

The arg number, and arg value can add functions to determine what happens when the pylon is active. These args and values can vary widely, and would need a lesson all there own!

The center section declare which weapons are to be chosen in the ME in sim.

These are the CLISD codes.

The second CLISD entry declares a custom rocket, not offered in sim at present.

--------------------------------------------

When working with code, two rules apply.

1) Back up regularly! Every few minutes.

2) be careful with typing, as a single misplaced digit can render all your work useless!

I hope this helps!

Good luck, and good hunting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I actually got the 5 digits after pylon, that took forever to figure out and FOREVER to move something around to just the right place. One digit then restart the game....UGH!! I noticed that there are multiple LUA's scattered throughout different files. Do I need to update all of them?

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

If any have similar code, then yes.

All must match, names, args and connectors.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Pylon Connector is a Helper Point placed and oriented in 3D Studio Max, the weapon is then attached to that helper point.

pylon(1, 0, 0, 0, 0, {use_full_connector_position = false, connector = "Point_Pilon" , arg = 309 , arg_value = 0}, {{ CLSID = "tinytim" },}),

So we'll break this down:
Opening Command:

pylon(

Pylon ID, Pylon Type, Position in X,Y,Z (Might be Y,Z,X)

Connector Inherit Scale, Connector Name, Pylon Animation, Default Animation Keyframe.

{use_full_connector_position = false, connector = "Point_Pilon" , arg = 309 , arg_value = 0},

Weapon Class ID, Connector name (if different from default), Animation keyframe value, station restrictions

{ CLSID    = "{F_18_EFG_AN_ALQ_218L}",                 connector = "Pylon1B", arg_value = 0.5, required ={{station =11, loadout={"{F_18_EFG_AN_ALQ_218R}"}}}

Closing Command

},

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So, if that's the case, the only way to truly get more pylons/weapons is to go into the modeler and add more pylons/connectors...

Still can't get fuel to increase. Could that be a modeler based issue as well?

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

5 minutes ago, H60MTI said:

So, if that's the case, the only way to truly get more pylons/weapons is to go into the modeler and add more pylons/connectors...

Still can't get fuel to increase. Could that be a modeler based issue as well?

Internal Fuel is controlled by the PFM for Players.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Professional Flight Models ( E.D. and B.S.T. Modules) and External Flight Models (3rd Parties) are DRM Protected Compiled DLLs and cannot be opened or modified.

This also includes pylon circuit data (ie you can't put a fuel tank on a wingtip pylon and expect it to transfer fuel as the hardpoint data in the flight model does not have fuel transfer modelled).

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

What?? I can't put a fuel tank there?! Well, there go my plans...This has been for nothing!!

Are the PFM's still in the files in places?

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

PFMs are not Modifiable

it's a Compiled and DRM protected DLL file.

in the modules \bin 

•  

Connector Inherit Scale, Connector Name, Pylon Animation, Default Animation Keyframe.

So, the arg value declares the animation steps on the time line? the 'ketframes"

What do the values  1.0, 0.5, and 0.1 do?

Would not zero declare no animation?

0.5 half. and 1.0 full?

{use_full_connector_position = false, connector = "Point_Pilon" , arg = 309 , arg_value = 0},

this is the arg number, used in Max or blender.

You use it added to , say a pylon itself,

then, when this code is called, the arg becomes active.

So if you make this arg, 309, a visibility arg.

The pylon will follow the arg set up on the time line.

For example, to hide a pilot in cockpit, you would use arg 114.

This arg allows the pilot to be seen outside the aircraft,

but as player, it is hidden, becoming invisible.

This same method could make the pylon become invisible using arg 309. for a "clean" wing, ie: no pylons are seen in sim when active.

Or, you could open a side door when active to reveal a gun mount.

Which can use the same arg to move into a outside the door position.

Can be a rotation, or a position arg.

Lua is very powerful.

I do not understand all of it.

Just a tip of the iceberg