Jester and TWS

Hi again, another tomcat noob question... How do I get Jester to use TWS... For use with the AIM54 or does that happen automatically under the Jester wheel covers?

I assume Jester sorts the targets, the track target n dialogue via the wheel will select the appropriate target?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Jester automatically uses TWS. 

By default he will start in RWS. Once the radar detects a target, he will switch to TWS Auto. Your cue will be the scan volume on the TID repeater will switch from 80 degrees wide to 40 degrees wide. TWS Auto will automatically adjust its scan volume/elevation to try and keep the greatest number of most important contacts within it's scan volume. The options to select specific targets in the BVR menu are for telling jester to STT lock specific contacts. Shoot order (or target sorting, if you will) in TWS is done every 2 seconds by the radar itself. Jester doesn't have a way to change the shoot order.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, near_blind said:

Jester automatically uses TWS. 

By default he will start in RWS. Once the radar detects a target, he will switch to TWS Auto. Your cue will be the scan volume on the TID repeater will switch from 80 degrees wide to 40 degrees wide. TWS Auto will automatically adjust its scan volume/elevation to try and keep the greatest number of most important contacts within it's scan volume. The options to select specific targets in the BVR menu are for telling jester to STT lock specific contacts. Shoot order (or target sorting, if you will) in TWS is done every 2 seconds by the radar itself. Jester doesn't have a way to change the shoot order.

Thanks for this, will Jester automatically select the target for firing under tws? If there is something I should go read for more information on Jester if you could point me at it, it's not clear from what I have read in either chucks guide or heatblurs documentation (though I could easily have missed it in either)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Jester is just interface for radar for pilot, not advanced AI RIO. Jester doesnt do any active searching for targets or sorting, he just presses buttons. Its you as pilot that have to babysit him, tell him where to look and what target to lock. TWS prioritization is done automatically by AWG9, and following track as well in TWS Auto is also done by AWG9. If radar doesnt return a track of target then Jester WILL NOT LOCK HIM, tell Jester first where target is by telling him where to scan (radar elevation at what range), and when you got track back, then you can tell Jester to track him in TWS (by switching to TWS AUTO, then its AWG9 following the track and Jester just sits back) or STT.

• Like 4

OK, so essentially the mechanisation, is to use the Jester wheel to select TWS auto and then fire at what is presented? 

If I fire does the awg-9 sequence to the next target? If not how does that work?

Posted (edited)

ok it seems i was way over thinking this .. 

i was looking for symbology  on the HUD

Edited by speed-of-heat

8 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

OK, so essentially the mechanisation, is to use the Jester wheel to select TWS auto and then fire at what is presented? 

Jester does that for you automatically

• Like 1