POIs just beyond the Afghan borders

Since the terrain will likely be included anyway because of the extension of Afghanistan covered by a rectangular map module, will we see places of importance just behind or even a bit further the border?

For example:
- Termez, Uzbekistan, literally at the border, has an airfield, could be an important base for the DCS C-130J.
- Abbottabad, Pakistan, could be the location of an intense counterinsurgency operation, commencing from Bagram and Jalalabad, Afghanistan.
- Peshawar, Pakistan, east end of the famous Khyber pass coming from Afghanistan

Of course there are so many more possibilities (Kashmir, a tiny bit of China just behind the Afghan Wakhan mountains to include a Chinese airstrip, a connection to the Persian Gulf map, cities of Islamabad and Dushanbe...) but I understand that there has to be some limit (well I pretend to understand, in fact I am unable to😜)

Thanks for considering 😘

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1521 training centre at Mary. Yes I know you aim for a 2007 state but still.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Add: K2 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karshi-Khanabad_Air_Base), played a role during the Soviet-Afghan war, later on as a base for CSAR assets and the 160th SOAR (MH-47) during the initial phase of Operation Enduring Freedom. They launched the first US Special Forces ODA´s insertion from there who later became famous as the "Horse soldiers".

Add: PAF Base Shahbaz near Jacobabad / PAK. The Shahbaz Air Base (co-located with the commercial airport in Jacobabad) was one of three Pakistani air bases used by U.S. and allied forces to support the Operation Enduring Freedom campaign in Afghanistan and reportedly ongoing drone strikes in North Western Pakistan tribal regions.

• Like 1

Modules: MI-8, AH-64D, Gazelle, KA-50, UH-1, AJS-37 Viggen, F-16, F/A-18, UH-60L Mod, (OH-58D 😬)

Wishlist: MH-60 Blackhawk, Afghanistan Map

Gear: Virpil Collective with UH-60 grip, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick, 15 cm Extension (Sahaj), TM TPR Pedals

What about Dushanbe airport? It's within the North part of the map, but it looks like it's not implemented/ planned.

Was that an important logistics hub?

For Pakistan:

- Gilgit airport (should be within the North map

- Chitral, Chilas and Saidu Sharif should also be on the North map

Dedicated pakistani military airports should be within the Center map.

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

I hope the map can include Tashkurgan in China, which is not far from the border, has an airport, and there are many helipads in the surrounding area (although they were not built in 2010)

• Like 1

Would you guys stop getting me all excited about this map?  Yes, I pre-ordered the whole thing, but you're ruining my stubborn, hard-line stance on deserts!

K2.  The big rock.  It's not far from the eastern border of the map in general and, well, Wags did brag about their terrain mesh.

Definitely Peshawar; when we were in Karachi in '85 one of the EMs went there, probably with the intent on going AWOL into Afghanistan to fight the Soviets, but apparently couldn't get passage and came back.  Lots of stories, some of which might actually be true.

• Like 2

I want to see the world in DCS. I'm not saying that because of another sim, but imagine a great base layer of terrain and ground textures, and leave area generation of specifics to 3rd party devs? We can fly anywhere, and do anything then.

I really think it would be worth the time for ED to fill in the globe.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."