SA page shows hafu symbols with Dlink switch not ON.

Ernst
Go to solution Solved by Hulkbust44,

Hello, I created a mission with f18s and supercarrier in Caucacus.I saw on the SA page HAFU symbols from f18s even with EWR,radar,Dlink and IFF switches in OFF position !!. On the ground or carrierdeck and in the Air. My question is where does this symbols come from .    

Do you have TCN ON? If you have TCN on you will get D/L info in the Hornet.  If you want to get rid of that info but maintain TCN ability, in SA PAGE/SENSORS unbox F/F, PPLI, SURV  (OSB 13, 14 and 15)

Indeed with the TCN off the symbols disappeared but they should do this with the D/L switch in off, because the TCN is a complete different and separed system.Ofcours all the other ownship onboard sensors like EWR and Radar should be switched off. So the D/L switch is not working.

• Solution
Indeed with the TCN off the symbols disappeared but they should do this with the D/L switch in off, because the TCN is a complete different and separed system.Ofcours all the other ownship onboard sensors like EWR and Radar should be switched off. So the D/L switch is not working.
No, it is absolutely not a separate system. The TACAN functionality in the Hornet is run off the MIDSL LVT, it is in fact the same system. When it's powered, you will get some MIDS functions as well.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rob10 said:

What Hulkbust44 said.  This has been discussed extensively previously and behaviour is "correct as is".  Sorry, I can't find the previous posts on it in a quick search.

Hi,Thanks for all info.I can live with it, I tried to find in the documentation of the f18c of there is some connection between MIDS and TACAN. Also in SA page there is no description of those connections.

7 hours ago, Ernst said:

Hi,Thanks for all info.I can live with it, I tried to find in the documentation of the f18c of there is some connection between MIDS and TACAN. Also in SA page there is no description of those connections.

Ya, we can hope that when the new manual for the F-18 comes out (it'll likely be a while still, they're still working on the F-16 manual I think) that more of these details are covered, but I'm sure it's gotta be a balance between what they cover and not ending up with a 1,500 page manual too 🫤

Ya, we can hope that when the new manual for the F-18 comes out (it'll likely be a while still, they're still working on the F-16 manual I think) that more of these details are covered, but I'm sure it's gotta be a balance between what they cover and not ending up with a 1,500 page manual too 🫤
Gimme 1500

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1500 is probably what's needed, the NATOPS of mostly non combat systems is some 900 pages.

1 minute ago, Hulkbust44 said:

1500 is probably what's needed, the NATOPS of mostly non combat systems is some 900 pages.

But since everything is a tradeoff, I doubt they're going going to push even to 900 pages.  There are some who would like all those details, but ED needs to keep things to a slightly less daunting size if they want to keep casual users buying modules.  And the people who would like all 1,500 pages need those casual users to keep buying modules in order to keep ED afloat and making/improving the modules we love.

But since everything is a tradeoff, I doubt they're going going to push even to 900 pages.  There are some who would like all those details, but ED needs to keep things to a slightly less daunting size if they want to keep casual users buying modules.  And the people who would like all 1,500 pages need those casual users to keep buying modules in order to keep ED afloat and making/improving the modules we love.
Absolutely not. Most people have never even heard of the ED documentation. It should be there to detail everything about the module as manual, not a pick-up and go guide. 3rd parties already do the latter.

• Like 2