what is the best stick and throttle for boeing sim

can...not....resist......."does it have all the bolts?"

• Like 2

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

1 hour ago, WalletWarrior said:

I have been looking into having my own cockpit and I came across this seat and I looked for throttles and sticks that fit this but I can't find any that fit onto the stick base.

Has anyone got any recommendations

link to seat: https://nextlevelracing.com/products/boeing-combat-flight-simulator/

I think it has all the regular mounting adapters to fit the usual stuff from thrustmaster et al.

I doubt that it excludes any of the enthusiast tier hardware.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

7 hours ago, Hiob said:

I think it has all the regular mounting adapters to fit the usual stuff from thrustmaster et al.

I doubt that it excludes any of the enthusiast tier hardware.

do you have and recommendations because I am working towards a $1000 budget

1 hour ago, WalletWarrior said:

For DCS?

I don’t know how it fits into your budget, but I will always recommend Virpil and/or VKB. Superior tech, compared to thrustmaster, and top build quality,

Others might also recommend WinWing, but personally I dislike/distrust their software.

My setup consists of a virpil throttle, a vkb base with 20 cm extension and a metal thrustmaster grip (the grips are ok, just the gimbal base is comparatively mediocre).

For pedals I use MFGs and can recommend them, but I think there are other equally well built options.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

If you're smart. For the time, get a second hand stick, and save up for an FFB base they go for around €900 and you're favourite grip. Else I partially agree with Hiob. The Warthog's base sucks compared to the others that's for sure. For the quality, I've not had any issues, others have. Looks really bad inside if you open a product though.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Thrustmaster makes ok equipment. Their base was a very good product for the time, way ahead of Logitech and saitek. It is still a good base today, but we do have virpil/vkb that are simply superb.

For grip thrustmaster is still unsurpassed, still pretty much the only choice for 1:1 warthog/viper and hornet/eagle - nice metal grip with a solid feel. I am feeling tempted to try the winwing F16+ext grip, could use those extra buttons . Virpil and vkb grips are still very usable, but to me they felt like a baby rattle after the TM stuff. I did try older models, so maybe things improved with the latest offerings. That said virpil Apachie collective feels like standard plastic-fantastic to me (not sure why I chose to preorder one). 

My 0.02 worth. Good luck 

• Like 1

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

• 2 weeks later...

I considered the nlr boeing for a long time, but came across this instead and couldnt be happier

https://simfab.com/flight-sim/

The problem with the boeing is the mounting options, if you want a center stick with an extension, you're going to have to modify it, as it seems it only supports a center stick on a raised mounting platform, which is less than ideal. I think when they designed it they only considered people using a stock warthog. The simfab is brilliant, it supports just about anything on the market, with included hardware for a variety of different manufacturers. I use a gunfighter center mounted with a 200mm extension, a real sim fssb on the side, virpil collective, warthog throttle, and mfg crosswind rudders, and it mounts all perfectly right out of the box. Its modular too with different attachments that support just about anything you can throw at it. It doesn't look as cool as the boeing, but you can tell the people who designed it are flight sim enthusiasts who put a lot of thought into its design. 

Edited by hollywoodvillain
  • Like 1