Cross platform usability between US/Russian Carriers

MarbleFalcon

We have SuperCarrier module for like 4 years but sadly we still dont have cross platform capability between Nimitz and Kuznetsov class carriers. I mean, of course an Su-33 never landed to any western made carrier and same for Tomcat/Hornet. But its also same for Mi-24. Afaik no Mi-24 landed any western carrier/amphibious ship; but we can operate Hind from any ship safely in DCS. Same should be for naval fighters. 

I watched Spud's Kuznetsov video and applied same codding stuff to my own. I never experienced this much of fun before. STOBAR Ops with Hornet is a thing that every Hornet user should experience. But the thing is, why would we constantly forced to edit some lua files just because Kuznetsov with Hornet doesnt pass integrity check. Why shouldnt it be official thing to use. Why cant we also use jet blast deflectors and brake thingy with Hornet which is works with Su-33 when you press "U".

"It wouldnt be realistic🤓" cool, dont use it then. No one also forces you to take off from Tarawa with Hind :d.

I guess so much people would think same with me. It wouldnt effect badly our gameplay experience. Instead, it would give us Stobar ops capability for more naval aircraft modules.

Please ED, send some Hornet to Kuznetsov's deck🥺

I land hornets on the Kuz pretty often.  Part of the CVBG off the coast on one of my maps.  Of course the Kuz doesn't have cats, at least not the kind that launches aircraft, so it takes most of the deck to get airborne again.

<edit>

My point, and I made this poorly, is getting OFF the Kuz in a hornet is an adventure and takes more of the deck than the boat was designed to use, particularly with useful load.  Allowing Hornets to spawn on that deck is a mod kind of thing, certainly not a native arrangement.  Besides, the oladi for breakfast is greasy and nasty; not nearly as good as mine, and the sirniki at midrats is equally inferior.

Edited by Raisuli
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Raisuli said:

I land hornets on the Kuz pretty often.  Part of the CVBG off the coast on one of my maps.  Of course the Kuz doesn't have cats, at least not the kind that launches aircraft, so it takes most of the deck to get airborne again.

<edit>

My point, and I made this poorly, is getting OFF the Kuz in a hornet is an adventure and takes more of the deck than the boat was designed to use, particularly with useful load.  Allowing Hornets to spawn on that deck is a mod kind of thing, certainly not a native arrangement.  Besides, the oladi for breakfast is greasy and nasty; not nearly as good as mine, and the sirniki at midrats is equally inferior.

Yeah, but I dont agree on takeoff part. I can easily take off from 3rd runway (or whatever you may call it) with almost full load. Only differences between my hornet and normal su-33 player who is getting ready for taking of from Kuz is 1st, my hornet is way more lighter than brick Flanker 2nd, I can carry smart bombs and 3rd, he can use jet blast deflectors and deck chocks but I cant :(