Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Durandals not releasing to the selected interval in the PACs

Hi can anyone clear this up, we are running a durandal strike in one of our squadron missions and despite being set at ripple multi x 12 and interval 200ft, when released the whole salvo of them release in a line that is probably no more than 200ft for all 12 of them combined, not ideal when taking out a whole runway. Confirmed as an issue by whole group not just me.

Are the durandals bugged or are we doing something wrong?

10 hours ago, Father Cool said:

Yes they are & no, you (most likely) didn´t do anything wrong.

They did work in the past (see video), but broke with the patch that introduced TOSS funtionality.

48th_Sig_Pic.png

18 hours ago, Father Cool said:

Hi can anyone clear this up, we are running a durandal strike in one of our squadron missions and despite being set at ripple multi x 12 and interval 200ft, when released the whole salvo of them release in a line that is probably no more than 200ft for all 12 of them combined, not ideal when taking out a whole runway. Confirmed as an issue by whole group not just me.

Are you using ripple single? It seems that the function it is not working right now. Try Ripple Multiple and see if it works.

Posted (edited)

No I am using ripple multiple. Set to qty 12 and interval 200ft. I did a run last night with Snakeyes on the same target and I got the same issue with those as well so pretty sure now that it's the interval setting in the PACs that's bugged and not the ordinance itself. If the Razbam issue with ED isn't sorted that's a major bummer if we don't get that fixed. 

Edited by Father Cool
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, WizzRD said:

Yes they are & no, you (most likely) didn´t do anything wrong.

They did work in the past (see video), but broke with the patch that introduced TOSS funtionality.

nullEven on that video it didn't work correctly. It was set at 12 with 200ft spacing and yet they are all grouped together. 12x 200ft is 2400ft which is a lot further than that spread on the video. Excuse the poor image, you tube compression in the first 15 seconds of video.

image.png

Use CDIP * Single Ripple x 12 x 990 ft * Nose tail  and release above the threshold of the runway (keep it pressed) . DO NOT rely on aiming circle. This does the trick on most runways (it covers more than the half of it) 

Edited by BabisGR
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, BabisGR said:

Use CDIP * Single Ripple x 12 x 990 ft * Nose tail  and release above the threshold of the runway (keep it pressed) . DO NOT rely on aiming circle. This does the trick on most runways (it covers more than the half of it) 

I can confirm that. Durandals fall way too short of the runway in Auto Mode. Mk82 AIR and Snake-Eyes fall where you targeted them, no problem. The aiming problems seem to be happening only with Durandals.

• Like 1

"Even on that video it didn't work correctly. It was set at 12 with 200ft spacing and yet they are all grouped together. 12x 200ft is 2400ft which is a lot further than that spread on the video. Excuse the poor image, you tube compression in the first 15 seconds of video."

@Father Cool

The grouping on the video is right, it is a total of 1200 ft, not 2400 ft. In Ripple Multiple the bombs are dropped depending the number o stations selected. If there are only two stations as shown on the video, the plane will drop 2 bombs, from the left and right CFT, at a 200 feet interval. 

So it will be 6 drops (of a pair of bombs) every 200 feet, so 6x200 ft = 1,200 ft total.

Attached are two track files for the a mission I made to attack a runway. One is using Mk-82 AIRs, the other using Durandals. 

The MK-82 AIRs work fine, releasing at the right point, and within the desired interval, 6 x  200 feet in Ripple Multiple. 

The Durandals, on the other hand, fall way too short, but fall within the desired interval, 6x 200 feet in Ripple Multiple.

The smoke markers are in place to show the 200 feet intervals, starting with the white marker and finishing at the orange marker (0 ft and 1000 feet, respectively).

F-15 Durandal Ripple Multiple.trk F-15 Mk-82 AIR Ripple Multiple.trk

Edited by SloppyDog
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SloppyDog said:

"Even on that video it didn't work correctly. It was set at 12 with 200ft spacing and yet they are all grouped together. 12x 200ft is 2400ft which is a lot further than that spread on the video. Excuse the poor image, you tube compression in the first 15 seconds of video."

@Father Cool

The grouping on the video is right, it is a total of 1200 ft, not 2400 ft. In Ripple Multiple the bombs are dropped depending the number o stations selected. If there are only two stations as shown on the video, the plane will drop 2 bombs, from the left and right CFT, at a 200 feet interval. 

So it will be 6 drops (of a pair of bombs) every 200 feet, so 6x200 ft = 1,200 ft total.

Attached are two track files for the a mission I made to attack a runway. One is using Mk-82 AIRs, the other using Durandals. 

The MK-82 AIRs work fine, releasing at the right point, and within the desired interval, 6 x  200 feet in Ripple Multiple. 

The Durandals, on the other hand, fall way too short, but fall within the desired interval, 6x 200 feet in Ripple Multiple.

The smoke markers are in place to show the 200 feet intervals, starting with the white marker and finishing at the orange marker (0 ft and 1000 feet, respectively).

F-15 Durandal Ripple Multiple.trk 889.96 kB · 0 downloads F-15 Mk-82 AIR Ripple Multiple.trk 857.24 kB · 0 downloads

That's excellent thanks. I was expecting them to drop one bomb at a time, not in pairs. That's the issue I think. I will do some testing and report back.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 12:36 PM, SloppyDog said:

@Father Cool

F-15 Durandal Ripple Multiple.trk 889.96 kB · 2 downloads F-15 Mk-82 AIR Ripple Multiple.trk 857.24 kB · 2 downloads

So, this means release quantity should be set to 6 instead of 12 for a full drop?

17 hours ago, Starfire13 said:

So, this means release quantity should be set to 6 instead of 12 for a full drop?

Its is confusing, but from my tests, you need to set the total quantity of bombs, regardless if it is ripple multiple or ripple single. 

• Thanks 1