NVIDIA DCS 2.9.4 flickering ?

Go to solution Solved by SuperTonique,

Hi pilots !

I've noticed that since NVIDIA is coupled with DCS World, all small white information or object on the screen are flickering despite the various screen settings.

Have you the same problem ?

it's very unpleasant...

14 hours ago, SuperTonique said:

Hi pilots !

I've noticed that since NVIDIA is coupled with DCS World, all small white information or object on the screen are flickering despite the various screen settings.

Have you the same problem ?

it's very unpleasant...

hello. i am not experiencing this issue. do you have any suspicions of what the message is or what is creating the message? maybe it is an outside application? that is what it sounds like to me. are you able to capture a video of the anomaly? it will be difficult to reproduce.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Nvidia updates from 16th April.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

I've found a screen setting with the "anti-aliasing" option that gives a more or less correct result.
I'll try to push the settings a bit further.
What I can't understand is why, before a DCS upgrade, all the settings are fine and then, after the upgrade, you have to adjust everything again.
If you have any ideas, don't hesitate!

13 hours ago, SuperTonique said:

I've found a screen setting with the "anti-aliasing" option that gives a more or less correct result.
I'll try to push the settings a bit further.
What I can't understand is why, before a DCS upgrade, all the settings are fine and then, after the upgrade, you have to adjust everything again.
If you have any ideas, don't hesitate!

there have been reports that either or both nvidia and DCS settings get wiped or corrupted after updates. perhaps it is that?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Did you clean out your FXO and Metashader folders?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

In your saved games folder (C:\Users\<your username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta (or DCS). You should have both an fxo and a metashader folder in here.

Close DCS, either delete both these folders or go into each and clear out all the files. DCS will then recreate the files it needs when it is running

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• Solution
22 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

In your saved games folder (C:\Users\<your username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta (or DCS). You should have both an fxo and a metashader folder in here.

Close DCS, either delete both these folders or go into each and clear out all the files. DCS will then recreate the files it needs when it is running

Thanks a lot for your answer !

• Like 1