In cockpit weapon sounds?

NismoRR

I just read in a thread that someone was very impressed with the weapon sounds. In the F2 outside view, yes, they look and sound awesome. In the cockpit, I barely hear anything when I fire missiles or the cannon. Is this the norm? If I didn't see the missile launch or smoke from the cannon, I wouldn't even know if I fired anything. All other sounds seems to be normal/loud.

Thanks! Just got my first campaign kills in Deployment mission two. :thumbup: The addiction is getting stronger every day.

Well, with the amount of headgear and other soundproofing that happens, you really wouldn't hear all that much from a Vikhr launch, I think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Fighter pilots can't hear a thing from inside cabin. They even have a special tone broadcasted into their headphones to monitor the engines (sound pitch up/down corresponds to engine RPM).

Don't know about BS.

If you live to fly again, it's a successful landing. The plane being able to fly again is just a bonus.

Close. Look under "AUDIO" and the slider "IN COCKPIT"

In fact, one of the major issues with chopper pilots is hearing loss. The lab I work in specifically evaluates noise attenuation for the Army. Thus it would make sense to me that the helmets/earcups of BS aircrew would be properly insulated against noise...one reason the engine noise sound bug is somewhat annoying.

Skydoc, out!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"...es gibt viel zu tun, paken Wir's an!"

------------

HAF 932, core I7 920 @ 2.67ghz, HD 4870 X2 2GB, 6GB RAM on a ASUS P6T Deluxe with some big@ss hard drive and onboard sound, TIR4, TM suite and Cyborg Keyboard/Cybersnipa Keypad

I just read in a thread that someone was very impressed with the weapon sounds. In the F2 outside view, yes, they look and sound awesome. In the cockpit, I barely hear anything when I fire missiles or the cannon. Is this the norm? If I didn't see the missile launch or smoke from the cannon, I wouldn't even know if I fired anything. All other sounds seems to be normal/loud.

Thanks! Just got my first campaign kills in Deployment mission two. :thumbup: The addiction is getting stronger every day.

I had this same problem because i was running Vista and a Realtek audio card....I had to install the drivers to get my 3D sound back.

If you are using vista, google the brand of your audio hardware, vista, and 3D sound, and you will most likely come across patches or drivers to help you.

In fact, one of the major issues with chopper pilots is hearing loss.

Very likely. Being exposed to more than 80dB(A) for a prolonged period of time can and will already permanently dammage your hearing ability. I would be very much amazed if pilots in a KA-50 are not subjected to a lot more noise. Although the ears have an astounding dynamic range and ability to cope with loud noise, they are not fit for permanent exposure to sound.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Close. Look under "AUDIO" and the slider "IN COCKPIT"

Thanks everyone! Skydoc, you were right on. Turned "in cockpit" all the way up, and now the sounds are much better. I get the fffsssshhhhhhh of the missiles/rockets, which is very nice now, and the landing gear sounds much louder and better.

Thanks!!