Mav D not hitting targets reliably despite good lock on TGP point and IR seeker and in range.

Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

In SP instant action mission, I obtain a point track on two MLRS' and wait till between 9 and 4 miles in the track displayed and I see collapsed IR seeker lock confirmed but I am constantly although not always missing the targets.

I do not know what I am missing here.

This should all be demonstrated in the attached track. I am using the TM Warthog if that makes any difference. 

Vipermav.trk

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

thank you for the track replay. 

It is important to remember that the IR seeker is an optical lock on the highest contrast point, it looks like the lock it being made on the rubble close to the intended target. 

Closing range and adjusting contrast may help. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I appreciate you having a look at this, my efforts to switch between the three TGP display options of HOC, TV etc and adjusting contrast appear to be very hit and miss pardon the pun even at close range but I appreciate you having a look.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.