Updating a JDAM TOO coordinate after it has been set - can it be done

Dropbear

So i can follow the process of setting a TOO coordinate into my JDAM but what do I do if I want to update the coordinate to a new location - say soneone got in first and smoked the target and now I want to assign a different target to that JDAM.

if I slew the TGP to a new target and press TDC designate then the coordinate as displayed for the JDAM does not update.

Posted (edited)

Ok thanks.. I tried it in a mission today with the ATFLIR pod and it seemed to be working .... it wasnt working the other day with the lightning pod after I had initially set the TDC up using HMS and the TGP.

Edited by Dropbear

Ok thanks.. I tried it in a mission today with the ATFLIR pod and it seemed to be working .... it wasnt working the other day with the lightning pod after I had initially set the TDC up using HMS and the TGP.

You need to depress the TDC to update the designation with the LITENING. The ATFLIR updates the designation continuously, as long as it's the sensor that drives the designation.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Harker:

The ATFLIR updates the designation continuously, as long as it's the sensor that drives the designation.

Are you sure about that? I know it once was like that, but I thought it had been changed a while ago.

Well…guess we‘ll see tonight…😉

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png