Can someone help me on the carrier landing

Hi bors, can anyone help me out on this landing problem of FA18. What did I do wrong on the carrier landing. Why I always end up with the damaged rear wheels? I once thought it was because of the weight is too heavy. So I tried to eject the fuel tank. But still I got the rear wheels damaged. I attached the record file. Really need someone point out what are my problems on the operation. 

Thanks

Carrier landing problems.trk

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

OK, I tried a lot. The problem is I am too heavy and the vertical descending speed is over 1000FT/S. with the load I took, the descending speed shall not over 1000ft/s. If I am lighter, say just a bear plan, the vertical descending speed can over 1000 ft/s, but still shall not over 1100ft/s, or the wheel will damaged. Also, the aoa shall be with in the bracket. or the front wheel will be damaged.

Edited by SUHANG

According to Chucks F18 guide the max weight is 33,000 lbs. This can be checked on the SUPT CHKLST page, A/C WT. Make sure to jettison fuel tanks and stores until below that weight and try again. Personally I have never had a landing gear issue with the Hornet. 

Hope that Helps, good luck 🙂

On 5/20/2024 at 3:48 PM, SUHANG said:

OK, I tried a lot. The problem is I am too heavy and the vertical descending speed is over 1000FT/S. with the load I took, the descending speed shall not over 1000ft/s. If I am lighter, say just a bear plan, the vertical descending speed can over 1000 ft/s, but still shall not over 1100ft/s, or the wheel will damaged. Also, the aoa shall be with in the bracket. or the front wheel will be damaged.

Descent at touchdown should be no more than rather 700 feet/min. And if you are not overweight, AND fly the ball, it keeps it usually around or under 700 feet/min.

No, you don't jett ext. fuel tanks if it's not emergency situation. Tanks cos money, and there is limited supply of them on ship. Dump fuel to correct weight. Empty tanks don't weights too much.