Function keys not working in radio menu

Go to solution Solved by Skyracer,

Hi all,

I hope this post finds you well. 

Long story short I needed to reinstall windows due to a corrupt file, I have DCS and Windows on different SDDs. Obliviously saved games got deleted.

I have a backup of all my controller inputs. I replaced and loaded all input files. 

The problem:

Is that the function key for the radio menu does not work. The function keys work, i can as an example access the F10 map, but not use them for the radio. If i remove saved.games/dcs.openbeta. Then I got it to work perfectly fine. Which file in the old dcs.openbeta folder is the corrupt one?

I hope it all makes sense. 

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

19 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Do you have VAICOM installed?

No.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Instead of renaming the whole "Saved Games/DCS...", you should try to rename subfolders from  your "Saved Games/DCS..." folder, one at a time, until you find the culprit.

Try these for a start, one at a time:

• Config (rename it "Config.bak")
  • Scripts (rename it "Scritps.bak").

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

13 hours ago, Flappie said:

Instead of renaming the whole "Saved Games/DCS...", you should try to rename subfolders from  your "Saved Games/DCS..." folder, one at a time, until you find the culprit.

Try these for a start, one at a time:

• Config (rename it "Config.bak")
  • Scripts (rename it "Scritps.bak").

Renaming the config folder, solved the problem. Now the questions is which file inside the config folder causes the function keys not to work. 

1 minute ago, Skyracer said:

Now the questions is which file inside the config folder causes the function keys not to work. 

I'm pretty sure the culprit is in your Config/Input folder. Please do this:

1. Rename the new Config folder to "Config.new".
  2. Rename your "Config.bak" back to "Config".
  3. Zip your Config/Input folder and attach it here. I'll see if I can reproduce your issue.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

3 minutes ago, Flappie said:

3. Zip your Config/Input folder and attach it here. I'll see if I can reproduce your issue.

Thank you for your swift reply.

Please find the attached (initial) input folder.

Input.7z

• Solution
6 hours ago, Flappie said:

The problem was "Command menu". Now its working, thank you