Can I share server admin permission?

I have some multiplayer servers running on an old machine. Currently they're running under my ED account. I know I could create a new ED account and give that account information to other people, but it would be easier if I could just give specific people permission to run the server admin UI on my servers.

Is that possible, or will I need to create another account?

37 minutes ago, Wile E. said:

I have some multiplayer servers running on an old machine. Currently they're running under my ED account. I know I could create a new ED account and give that account information to other people, but it would be easier if I could just give specific people permission to run the server admin UI on my servers.

Is that possible, or will I need to create another account?

To be honest I don't recommend to open API on internet to enable Web Console, I mean...it's definitely comfortable and easier, but I would not recommend to keep API port open on internet.
What I would recommend, is to create a reverse proxy and a webserver that redirect all the inbound traffic on the local port, use a strong password to protect the access, and, if the others admin has a static IP connection available, allow only their IP to access that page and your should  be good.
We've discussed a bit on that topic here:

• Like 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Teamviewer (or any screen sharing software) will also work. It all depends on how trustworthy those "others" are. In an older clan that I was in, we had the setup with Teamviewer, albeit with the confidence that it wouldn't be exploited.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Posted (edited)

So it sounds like I can't give other ED accounts access to the DCS instances. That means I need to create a new generic ED account that only exists for running servers. And I'll consider using the VNC server I use to administer the server machine to give others access.

I'm not too worried about security on the machine. It sits on it's own network where it cannot access anything else, but my DCS machine can access it. It has nothing but DCS on it, and no personal information. So if somebody does eventually take it over, I can just wipe it, reinstall, and restore my server config files and start script.

Edited by Wile E.

12 hours ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

To be honest I don't recommend to open API on internet to enable Web Console, I mean...it's definitely comfortable and easier, but I would not recommend to keep API port open on internet.
What I would recommend, is to create a reverse proxy and a webserver that redirect all the inbound traffic on the local port, use a strong password to protect the access, and, if the others admin has a static IP connection available, allow only their IP to access that page and your should  be good.
We've discussed a bit on that topic here:

Just scrolling through this thread for interest/learning. Are you recommending that server owners do not forward the GUI port 8080? Just access locally instead.