State of multicrew in upcoming May 2024 update

**State of multicrew in the Gazelle**

Dear Gazelle pilots,

For the upcoming May 2024 update we’ve implemented a completely new multicrew method that will be a huge improvement over the method we’ve been using before. However, I’m writing this to tell you we’ve royally screwed the pooch by prioritizing the release of this feature over proper quality control and testing as well as putting most of our time and assets in to the upcoming OH-58D Kiowa Warrior release. Even though most of the multicrew elements will see a big improvement with this release, with a much more stable and robust functionality, the rotor RPM synchronization in multicrew broke at a point of no return right before the final submission date.

This poses an issue only in multicrew, as single player and regular multiplayer are not affected. In multicrew it means that the left seater will not see changes to the rotor RPM, which is especially noticeable in a cold start where the rotors will not start spinning as well as in a hot started aircraft where the rotors will not come to a halt on shut down. 

There is no way around it, we made a mistake in trying to push this out as soon as possible while we should have taken our time to thoroughly test it instead.  We will be working on rectifying this issue as soon as possible and hope to find a way to get this fix out at the first opportunity, whether this will be a hot-fix or planned patch date. 

With this we offer our sincere apologies,

Dan
Polychop Simulations

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation, hopefully it will affect just a small portion of the Gazelle users.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

No problem! We all make mistakes and you have owned up to this one.  The really great thing is that you guys are diligently working to improve your product (unlike some other DCS developers . . . )

• Like 2

Being forthcoming and honest about it is most commendable! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

19 hours ago, Polychop Simulations said:

However, I’m writing this to tell you we’ve royally screwed the pooch by prioritizing the release of this feature over proper quality control and testing as well as putting most of our time and assets in to the upcoming OH-58D Kiowa Warrior release.

Being transparent about the way how you decide to prioritize and bugs isn't "screwing the pooch" - it's good policy, and something that most (if not all) of customers will respect. Going with a release even though it contains a known bug (that may even be a bad bug for a small portion of use cases) over holding and waiting for the day of perfection shows to me that pragmatism has prevailed - something I'm personally looking for. 

From a customer's perspective (I own the 'Zelle, and I'm looking forward to owning the Kiowa) I find your communication encouraging - there will be more bug fixes. Open communication, transparency and (most of all) taking ownership of errors are the foundation of solid and long-lasting client relationships. I wish more companies were this forthcoming. 

Thank you for the update, I really appreciate it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1