2.9.6.58056 patch, still launcher not working.

Go to solution Solved by Aoi Kaze,

9 minutes ago, Flappie said:

What do you mean, it's not working? Can you provide a log of your attempt?

In single thread it works ok, in multithread it cracks about 50% of the time and the other 50 appears like this: null

image.png

The log does not say much when I start DCS with the launcher enabled, but your log may help determine what's wrong with your launcher.

Please reproduce the issue, then attach your dcs.log here.

• Thanks 1

---

8 minutes ago, Flappie said:

The log does not say much when I start DCS with the launcher enabled, but your log may help determine what's wrong with your launcher.

Please reproduce the issue, then attach your dcs.log here.

I think this is it:

cef_log.log

• Like 2

I didn't know the launcher had its own log. Nice find. 👍

I see OpenGL errors when the launcher tries to open images:

[0715/190028.510:ERROR:gl_display.cc(508)] EGL Driver message (Error) eglCreateImageKHR: Texture's device does not match.
[0715/190028.510:ERROR:gl_image_d3d.cc(64)] Error creating EGLImage: EGL_BAD_PARAMETER
[0715/190028.510:ERROR:d3d_image_backing.cc(166)] GLImageD3D::Initialize failed
[0715/190028.510:ERROR:d3d_image_backing.cc(317)] Failed to create GL texture
[0715/190028.529:ERROR:shared_image_manager.cc(212)] SharedImageManager::ProduceSkia: Trying to Produce a Skia representation from a non-existent mailbox.
[0715/190028.530:ERROR:shared_image_manager.cc(212)] SharedImageManager::ProduceSkia: Trying to Produce a Skia representation from a non-existent mailbox.
[0715/190028.612:ERROR:shared_image_manager.cc(212)] SharedImageManager::ProduceSkia: Trying to Produce a Skia representation from a non-existent mailbox.
[0715/190028.612:ERROR:shared_image_manager.cc(212)] SharedImageManager::ProduceSkia: Trying to Produce a Skia representation from a non-existent mailbox.
[0715/190028.626:ERROR:shared_image_manager.cc(212)] SharedImageManager::ProduceSkia: Trying to Produce a Skia representation from a non-existent mailbox.
[0715/190028.626:ERROR:shared_image_manager.cc(212)] SharedImageManager::ProduceSkia: Trying to Produce a Skia representation from a non-existent mailbox.

I see that gl_display.cc is part of Chromium. I guess Chromium is embedded in DCS files to power the launcher.

Try a DCS cleanup and repair.

• Thanks 1

---

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2024 at 9:42 PM, Flappie said:

[0715/190028.510:ERROR:gl_display.cc(508)] EGL Driver message (Error) eglCreateImageKHR: Texture's device does not match.
[0715/190028.510:ERROR:gl_image_d3d.cc(64)] Error creating EGLImage: EGL_BAD_PARAMETER
[0715/190028.529:ERROR:shared_image_manager.cc(212)] SharedImageManager::ProduceSkia: Trying to Produce a Skia representation from a non-existent mailbox.
[0715/190028.530:ERROR:shared_image_manager.cc(212)] SharedImageManager::ProduceSkia: Trying to Produce a Skia representation from a non-existent mailbox.

I see that gl_display.cc is part of Chromium. I guess Chromium is embedded in DCS files to power the launcher.

actually that is what appears in the log when you launch it, but before you load the whole game through it.
Thanks for your time and effort, man, I appreciate it. i'll do a clean up and repair again, but I did it like three days ago (before the patch) and it didn't work. Maybe now it'll do...

I'll tell you if it worked when I have the time, maybe it'll help some others.

Cheers, pal!

Edited by Aoi Kaze
  • Like 1

It's best to use something like Notepad ++ for this but you can just bypass the new launcher all together until it's sorted, you can disable it from within the launcher but need it to work first.

You need to edit the Options.lua file, make a copy first.

First go to 'your username\Saved Games\DCS\Config\' and find options.lua

Next find the line ["launcher"] = true and change it to ["launcher"] = false (for me in Notepad ++ it's on line 137 but can search it anyway) 

Next save the file and launch DCS as normal and it will take you to the original login screen

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TKhaos said:

It's best to use something like Notepad ++ for this but you can just bypass the new launcher all together until it's sorted, you can disable it from within the launcher but need it to work first.

You need to edit the Options.lua file, make a copy first.

First go to 'your username\Saved Games\DCS\Config\' and find options.lua

Next find the line ["launcher"] = true and change it to ["launcher"] = false (for me in Notepad ++ it's on line 137 but can search it anyway) 

Next save the file and launch DCS as normal and it will take you to the original login screen

Actually, inside the options>misc inside DCS, there is a checker that works well too. I did it both ways since the 2.9.6, but I would like to have the launcher (like anyone else) and it is the easiest way to check for updates as well...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aoi Kaze said:

Actually, inside the options>misc inside DCS, there is a checker that works well too. I did it both ways since the 2.9.6, but I would like to have the launcher (like anyone else) and it is the easiest way to check for updates as well...

I run the Steam version so don't have to worry about updates, saying that though ED have released a hotfix patch tonight, Steam has just installed it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TKhaos said:

I run the Steam version so don't have to worry about updates, saying that though ED have released a hotfix patch tonight, Steam has just installed it.

Yes, patch number is in the heading of this topic.

• Solution
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Flappie said:

Ok, so I found the problem: it was the reshader dll. That's why it worked on single but not in MT. I upgraded it and everything works sweet now. Thank you Flappy and Tkhaos for your help!

Edited by Aoi Kaze
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Flappie said:

Hey @Aoi Kaze, devs are working on this issue, but they need both logs. Can you please reproduce the issue, then attach these 2 files from "Saved Games/DCS.../Logs" ?

• dcs.log
  • cef_log.log

I'm away for a couple of days, but when I return home, be sure I'll try to give you what you are asking, ok?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Many thanks! I sent these to devs.

You're welcome! But remember to tell them that the only reason why the laucher worked for me on single threading and not in multi threading was because the reshader was only in the bin-mt folder, not in the regular one, ok? Thanks for making this work!

• Thanks 1