I have the South Afgan map, fired up DCS today after patch, DLC Afghan map has been disabled Not authrorized

@BIGNEWY getting the error, have purchased entire map.  

null

image.png

dcs.log

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Still unable to download the Afghanistan/SW Afghanistan map.  Here is some more data on the issue:

1. All sources say that I own the map.  The map was successfully downloaded and used until DCS no longer recognized my ownership of the map on 26/07/24.  Attempted several reinstalls but have been unsuccessful so far.

2. Half-way through the attempt, the download crashes and I get the following message:  "DCS Updater 2.16.3.18:  Curl error (6): Couldn't resolve host name."

3. Here is the relevant "error" log:

autoupdate_log.txt

Hope that helps.

Intel Core i9 14900KF (OC to 5.6), 64GB DDR5 (5600 MHz), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090, 4.0 TB M.2 2280 SSD (PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe (up to 64 Gbps)), HP Reverb 2, and PIMAX Crystal LITE.

Probably got something to do with this:

00004.113 ERROR: Cannot get pack metaindex: 403 Forbidden

00004.744 INFO : Started assembling file: "Mods/terrains/Afghanistan/surface/Afghanistan.surface5" from 224 chunks
00179.905 INFO : Got incomplete data for Mods/terrains/Afghanistan/clipmaps/normalmap/4m/4M_AH-5.tif.clipmap.downloading.5b5ef7cf8b12b571. Resuming...
00179.905 INFO : Got incomplete data for Mods/terrains/Afghanistan/clipmaps/normalmap/1m/1M_AD-46.tif.clipmap.downloading.181a2205e3456fa0. Resuming...
00179.905 INFO : Got incomplete data for Mods/terrains/Afghanistan/clipmaps/normalmap/16m/16M_XAE-2.tif.clipmap.downloading.295f818b2683bdb9. Resuming...
00179.917 INFO : Got incomplete data for Mods/terrains/Afghanistan/clipmaps/normalmap/4m/4M_AC-12.tif.clipmap.downloading.163fa35f232f6726. Resuming...
00179.917 INFO : Got incomplete data for Mods/terrains/Afghanistan/clipmaps/normalmap/16m/16M_XAB04.tif.clipmap.downloading.ac4ed5b392093f2e. Resuming...
00179.927 ERROR: Got Curl error (6): Couldn't resolve host name
00180.708 ERROR: Conection to server 'www.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: Couldn't resolve host name
00180.708 ERROR: statistics failed with status -1
00180.710 STATUS: Curl error (6): Couldn't resolve host name

Have a look at your Anti Virus and see if it's blocking anything, it's normally a common cause for 'couldn't resolve host name' and if it is unblock it. You could also try disabling your AV briefly while they files download, then reactive it once it's installed.

Also if you right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator the either type this or copy and paste this into the black box:

ipconfig /flushdns

That will flush your DNS out.

Do you think we can Uninstall dcs and that may fix it? I bet that would take days though

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

47 minutes ago, Boneski said:

Do you think we can Uninstall dcs and that may fix it? I bet that would take days though

Unlikely.  If you have the same issue as the log mentioned in the post before yours then the only way a reinstall might help is if your AV updated to whitelist the problem file before you reinstalled.  If it's not your AV then repairing should solve most problems that reinstalling would.  The authorization issue *should* be solved in most cases by ED already.  If that's what's happening (and not AV related) you need to post logs or contact support so ED can look into it further.

3 hours ago, rob10 said:

Unlikely.  If you have the same issue as the log mentioned in the post before yours then the only way a reinstall might help is if your AV updated to whitelist the problem file before you reinstalled.  If it's not your AV then repairing should solve most problems that reinstalling would.  The authorization issue *should* be solved in most cases by ED already.  If that's what's happening (and not AV related) you need to post logs or contact support so ED can look into it further.

How much personal information is in the logs? I am not trying to expose sensitive data to the web all for some computer game you know?

Can I review the logs first?

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

1 hour ago, Boneski said:

How much personal information is in the logs? I am not trying to expose sensitive data to the web all for some computer game you know?

Can I review the logs first?

You can open the log in Notepad etc and take a look at it.