What proceedure am I missing

Almost every time I land :pilotfly: the K50 it will roll forward.

At touch down I immediately hit the trim reset button, throttle down to idle, and stand on brake but still cant stop even from a very slow approach and touchdown on a helipad.

What more can I do. :drink: :beer:

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Enable the Wheel/Parking Brake [W-LShift].

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I second DMarkwick's advice.

If you look externally when hovering nice and level with the landing gear extended, the nosewheel is actually higher than the main gear. When you land, the whole chopper "leans" forward onto that gear, which means the rotor disk, which was pointed straight up for hover, is now pointed forward, causing some of that lift to drag you along the ground.

Settling down to the ground in a landing should be done fairly quickly, although not an abrupt drop. Once the main gear settles and the nose starts coming down, drop the collective all the way down and pull back on the cylic. Use the wheelbrakes to stop any forward motion if you need to, but remember that if you don't cancel out the "pulling" motion, you'll start creeping forward as soon as you release them.

You want to find the cyclic position where the rotor disk isn't trying to pull you forward or backward and then trim it in so you can relax. Then hit the parking brake.

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

Do not use trim-reset!!! It's not a "piloting function" at all. It has the occasional use when your controls get really out of whack I guess but if your regular plans involve using trim-reset then there's something very wrong.

If you're landing on a helipad, come to a stationary hover very, very low over the pad just before touch down. It'll be a flare of sorts. You should not be carrying any roll into the landing. I rarely have to use any wheel brake at all (and never apply brake or brake-hold before landing).

I tried DMarkwick's advice and it worked perfectly the first time.

As for rolling landing on helipad I find it easier to come in low and very slow instead of trying to see where I am in a hover above it then descend down on it. ;)

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Or you can do as me, land with excessive speed - if the gear doesnt collapse, you'll bounce in spectacular manners - the rotors will be clipped, and no more lift will be generated from them.

I always come to a stop. :thumbup:

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Or you can do as me, land with excessive speed - if the gear doesnt collapse, you'll bounce in spectacular manners - the rotors will be clipped, and no more lift will be generated from them.

I always come to a stop. :thumbup:

I hope you don't do that with the intent on just reloading and refuling.

I hope you don't do that with the intent on just reloading and refuling.

Now thats a valid point - when I do find some targets and start expending my stores, that might be a problem.

As of now I just start running and screaming like a girl whenever the LWR lights up, so I've basicly never had the need to rearm quite yet.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning