Capturing Helipad Triggers With Enemy Units Still Present

Salute

I am working on building a mission using the standard DCS triggers and tools (no scripts)

I have a Red FARP with 3 insurgent troops right by it.

I drive a Blue Humvee towards the zone and as soon as I get inside the 6500 zone using the standard test (see below) I get a message to say that Blue have captured the FARP

Am I misunderstanding the principle of this or is this a bug please? I thought that it only changes hands when all enemy units have been killed.

Regards

DD_Friar

nullnull

image.png

image.png

Edited by DD_Friar

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

Posted (edited)

@Flappie Hope I have done this correctly.

I have also made a video. The issue is the same also if I am driving via CA.

Many thanks for your time.

CaptureFARPIssue.trk

Edited by DD_Friar

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

@Flappie ok, does the video not help?

I will knock up a quick mission with just the same elements. The mission it is in is quite large. but happy to post if it helps you.

@Flappie please find below simple mission that replicates the issue for me.

CaptureFARPIssue.miz

• Thanks 1

Many thanks. I get it: your track has only infantry units defending the FARP, and a civilian bus. Mine has an armored vehicle.

Apparently, DCS considers that "simple" infantry units cannot defend a FARP alone against a vehicle. It looks like a feature, yet a dozen RPG soldiers could defend the FARP alone in this case.

CaptureFARP_noissue.trk

---

Posted (edited)

@Flappie - Ok, now I understand that. I thought the rules were ANY remaining units kept the site.

Many thanks once again for the quick response.

@[HOUNDS] CptTrips - Your link made a lot of sense. Thanks - Now to build an army of killer whales.....

Edited by DD_Friar