Kneeboard Airbase page(s) not working on Kola

Hi,

One of the recent DCS updates seem to have broken the Airbase page of the Viggen's Kneeboard, it displays an error message: "Insufficient space to list all airbases", like this:

L693s0P.jpg

Edit:

As an additional information, tried other maps and the bug is similar, only the first page of the airbases is shown, the UP and DN buttons do not show additional pages. However the "insufficient space" message is not shown on either Caucasus and South Atlantic.

Caucasus:

kW6oqhF.jpg

SA:

Mn7kddR.jpg

@MYSE1234 please, can you pass along this report to the developers? Thank you 🙏

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Are you sure your keybinds are setup correctly for changing page? Maybe you changed them to something else, the text there is not dynamic. It's working fine on all missions I've tried it on, warning or not.
Not sure what's going on with the warning being shown as all bases that are added are shown there. Will have a look.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

7800X3D | RTX 4070 Ti S | 64GB 6000MHz RAM |

6 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

Are you sure your keybinds are setup correctly for changing page?

I'm not using keys .. just clicking on the ">", "<" , "UP" and "DN" bits on the kneeboard itself.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Then I'm not sure there is a bug I'm afraid. You need to use the "sub page keys" to change the subpages, the "normal" keys just change the "main" pages.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1

Then I'm not sure there is a bug I'm afraid. You need to use the "sub page keys" to change the subpages, the "normal" keys just change the "main" pages.
Wait, what? You can have subpages in the kneeboard? How does that work?
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Cheers!

The pages with reference codes have them, yes. Maybe some other that I've forgotten about.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Cheers!

There are separate keybindings for that ... since I am not sitting in front of my computer, I cannot tell you what their names are. But should be doable for a nerd like you 😛

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TRP | Rift CV1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

Then I'm not sure there is a "bug" I'm afraid. You need to use the "sub page keys" to change the subpages, the "normal" keys just change the "main" pages.

You are correct, I re-tested and found that the Right Shift + Page Up & Page Down do work .. I was trying to use the icons marked in orange, silly me 🙂

OppVL3y.jpg

Still, there is the issue of why the Viggen identifies over 81 airbases on the Kola map, on a mission with no FARPs at all, but perhaps I should report that as a different bug. Greetings and thanks for reviewing this issue.

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

Not sure if this is related but it might be.
When I place a Viggen on Bodo airbase (9075) as Start from ramp, the FR22 base selector turn wheel will just scroll up until the end and stay there. It is then not possible to change it.
If I place the airplane on Jokkmokk (9067) instead, it works perfect.
Might be related to the to many airbases issue.

• Like 1

There are separate keybindings for that ... since I am not sitting in front of my computer, I cannot tell you what their names are. But should be doable for a nerd like you
I worded myself incorrectly. How can you make a page a subpage of another page. Of possible.

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I worded myself incorrectly. How can you make a page a subpage of another page. Of possible. emoji6.png

They're created and handled by the Viggen code, so not something that can be made "externally", i don't think.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Still, there is the issue of why the Viggen identifies over 81 airbases on the Kola map, on a mission with no FARPs at all, but perhaps I should report that as a different bug.

Looks like someone got excited about a Swedish map and programmed all the real REF codes from the SFI into the computer, as they would've appeared in the real life aircraft. For example, code 9001 for Hässlö airport is an accurate simulation of the real aircraft, but it's also quite useless in DCS because that airport is located near Västerås, over 700 km south of the Kola map's southern boundary. And it's still questionably realistic anyway because of course the real aircraft didn't have any REF codes for foreign airfields, least of all Russian ones...

On a side note, there should now be some navigation landmark REF codes too that you could use instead of manually programming the lat/lon of waypoints into the computer, but I don't have a list of the Kola-relevant ones handy.

Edited by renhanxue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1