2 problems

CBronco

I have LO/FC and I'm getting some really irritating problems with the A-10. Whenever I try to use the AGM missiles, I lock on to a ground target and shoot one missile, it hits its target, but then when I try to lock on to a second target, it won't work. I can't even move the cursor around the HUD. I can maneuver so that the cursor is on a target, but when I press Tab nothing happens. Also, in scenario missions the game randomly CTDs for no reason. Everything seems to be going normally, then it freezes for 2 seconds and then crashes. Not even an error message. These things only happen to me in the A-10 too.

What's the deal? Is Lock On just really unstable?

Alright, if you're running stock game without any mods I would think it's not the game issue as stock game runs pretty good actually... well at least in XP 32bit :-| Now you having 64bit version of XP makes me thing it might be something to that, either driver related or possibly or maybe even your system being little unstable... could be many things really. Find out what your PSU rating is and that it's suficient for your system and maybe if I were you, I'd try reinstalling the game, sometimes it helps.

I am currently using Windows 7 64bit RC and seing how it runs stuff and I too get game freezes every now and then and I can't really figure out what's causing it since I have quite a few mods installed (that could be causing it) but more likely I think it's some driver issue, maybe sound card or maybe video card driver, or even my video card is playing up.

No longer active in DCS...

I know my drivers are updated, I took care of that earlier. I can't imagine how my PSU would be the problem because I built this computer myself and got a PSU with more power than I knew I would need. I'll try a reinstall.

EDIT: Turns out I missed a couple of driver updates so I'm taking care of that now. But what's the problem with my AGM targeting issues?

EDIT: I think I've found the problem. I uninstalled and went to reinstall, but instead of letting the autorun do the setup, I opened the CD and tried to execute the setup.exe file manually, and I get the error "Setup is not a valid win32 application." So, the game must not work on 64 bit.

Oh well. I only got it for $1.50 on ebay. Is there any other modern combat flight sim that will work on 64 bit XP?

Edited by C/Bronco

Have you patched correctly?

Also - you refer to one CD. LockOn Flaming Cliffs/Gold comprises of a 2-CD set. Kindly clarify which version you are running.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The Gold version. I opened the first CD and tried to run setup myself.

I think I've patched correctly too. There's an FC patch to 1.12, and there's another "update all" patch to 1.02. Which one is correct? Or what order should I patch them in?

er... the game runs fine on 64bit OS. I had it working in Vista 64 and it's working now also with Windows 7 64bit RC. There's gotta be something else missing...

make sure you get the correct patch as there is different patch 1.12b for CD and download version of Flaming Cliffs.

Well, I used the 1.12b patch for the CD version which I obviously have, but StarForce was preventing me from playing and I had read about this "update all 1.02" patch that supposedly got rid of StarForce. It let me play, but it's doing this now.

So Lock On, Flaming Cliffs, then 1.12b...but will I still have to contend with StarForce? Man I hate that piece of crap.

EDIT: New problem. I try to start the game and something called Protection System pops up and says "Checking Disk," and the progress bar stops part of the way and freezes. I have to go into task manager to end the application because it's obviously not working. Can someone please put StarForce out of business? I'm sick of dealing with their crap.

Edited by C/Bronco

Well, I used the 1.12b patch for the CD version which I obviously have....

Keeping in mind that there are 2 Patch versions for two seperate LockOn Gold CD versions, I'm assuming here that you have applied the correct version of the two..........

......and I had read about this "update all 1.02" patch that supposedly got rid of StarForce. It let me play, but it's doing this now....

That said - I might be misreading your text, but did you at some stage apply the 1.02 patch to the install? If so, then it is possible that the install became corrupted - aforesaid obviously contingent on whether you uninstalled, manually deleted all leftover folders/registry entries and reinstalled correctly and are still suffering the same behaviour.

If at this stage you are still suffering problems, I would advise that you uninstall, clear the install directory/registry of all relevant leftover folders/entries, reboot and reinstall as follows:

1 - LockOn

2 - Flaming Cliffs

3 - Version/Country Specific 1.12a/b Patch.

Guaranteed to work as above. Further issues subsequent to the above once completed correctly might be indicative of a defective disc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you update StartForce driver? This sequence should work definitely:

1. Install Lockon

2. Install Flaming Cliffs

3. Install Patch 1.12b (get correct one - DL or CD version)

4. Download and install StarForce driver update from their website

then you should have no issues with it... but mind you weekly CD check by StarForce is normal.

well i have 64 bit vista and no problem aside the not responding bug every 2 to 4 missions.. Lock-On Gold with 1.12 patch...I also think theres a problem with the game and track ir cause when it stops responding I get the v sync lock up as if the track ir stops working in the game. When will the DCS guys start working on upgrading this Sim I'm falling in love with the simplicity of it, for pure entertainment.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I think there's a corruption with the Flaming Cliffs disk. I installed just LO:MAC by itself without adding FC and everything works fine. That must have been the problem. Oh well, I'm not missing a whole lot am I?

I think there's a corruption with the Flaming Cliffs disk. I installed just LO:MAC by itself without adding FC and everything works fine. That must have been the problem. Oh well, I'm not missing a whole lot am I?

I think you may have installed the wrong patch that is what happen to me once...

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I think you may have installed the wrong patch that is what happen to me once...

Well it IS the English version of the CD patch, and I bought the English CD version (from some dude in Michigan, plus it installed in English without asking a language so that was a giveaway). And I got the English CD patch version from lockon.co.uk, so unless it was horribly mislabeled...

Well it IS the English version of the CD patch, and I bought the English CD version (from some dude in Michigan, plus it installed in English without asking a language so that was a giveaway). And I got the English CD patch version from lockon.co.uk, so unless it was horribly mislabeled...

Well I did make the mistake of DLing the wrong patch and I have the Lock-On Gold version I also made the mistake of buying the FC add-on when come to find out gold version had everything on it but the 1.12 patch.

I said this before and I'll say it again...........there are TWO versions of the patch relevant to the ENGLISH version of LockOn Gold:

1 - Patch for UK/Europe

2 - Patch for USA

Now it might be that the patch you downloaded from the LockOn.co.uk site is #1 as above, which might (hopefully) be causing the issues. Navigate to http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=17&lang=en and download the third patch down, ie #2 as above and install that.

And yeah - at the risk of repeating myself, be sure to manually delete all folders/registry entries prior to reinstall.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK now I have no idea what to do. LO:MAC by itself is now crashing every time I try to play it. Could I be having a cooling issue?

EDIT: No, not a cooling issue. All of my more graphics-intensive games run fine for extended periods of time. I also found this in a file called Errors in my temp folder:

World::LoadPlugins: Can't load plugin module Aerodyne.dll

World::LoadPlugins: Can't load plugin module Staff.dll

6/17/2009 12:49

LandModelManager: can't find #model 15 LightPolygon

LandModelManager: can't find #model 15 CloudShadow

Pilot Logbook::Can't execute Lua file ./PilotLogBook/Database.lua - cannot read ./PilotLogBook/Database.lua: No such file or directory

ModelManager: can't find LAP-CABLES

ModelManager: can't find GAZ-2410

ModelManager: can't find VAZ-2107

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-red.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-blue.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load samara-cherry.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load Noise_Empty.dds, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

LuaExport::Lua data export disabled

Warning: (texture class Graphics: DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 2, step 1 reported.

My conclusion is that this game is either A: corrupted due to a bad CD, or B: just a glitchy-ass piece of shit.
Edited by C/Bronco

if you look in the thread not responding issues it the same as mine.. try running this downloaded program...http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33394&page=3

There seems to be some sort of Direct X issue with the game. Either sound or graphics...

That says it's a Vista tool, but I'm using XP. Does it still work?

Not sure as some of the guys over in 169th sqdrn say that it worked for there XP system.

That says it's a Vista tool, but I'm using XP. Does it still work?

this worked for me try it if you have a Creative sound card

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33394&page=3