Navigation to NDB using R-800

Hi all

I've been flying the Black Shark for a while and want to learn a bit more details now.

One thing I was wondering is the following: In the manual it is written that you can use the R-800 for ADF by setting the corresponding frequency of an NDB and then move the ADF-knob to the up position. Using the ABRIS information search I can find out the frequency of an NDB which is e.g. 746.0 KHz. Now here is my question: using the Radio frequency thumb wheels there is no possibility to enter the desired 0.746 MHz as the lowest number in the first field can be 11 (if I remember correctly). So how can it be done - except using the predefined channels of the ARK-22?

Another thing I came across concerns the Shkval: Sometimes it is just impossible to me to decrease the gate size again (after increasing it). I couldn't find a description of this problem in the manual aswell.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Ooh, this takes me back . . .

The only way of changing the channel the mechanical HSI is using is by changing the predefined NDBs in a config file:

The initial ADF channel setup is performed by the ground crew from the initial setup panel located at the rear of helicopter. In the game, you may alter the initial setup by editing the following file: BS\Scripts\Plane\Cockpit\Ka-50\ARK\ARK.lua. The default channels are listed on the white sheet of paper attached to the right wall of the cockpit.

IIRC, you can set up a custom ARK.lua file to be loaded with a specific mission.

However, the manual also references the possibility of displaying NDB bearing on the ABRIS HSI through another source:

Bearing to NDB is indicated on the HSI and on the HSI ABRIS page based on bearing to radio beacon RMI arrow position. To display bearing on ABRIS HSI page, you first need to set the ADF signal source for RMI-1 or RMI-2. To do this, go to the ABRIS MENU page and select OPTIONS. Scroll down the list of options and select RMI-1 or RMI-2, and using the CHANGE button, set the ADF‟s source to RADIO. On the ABRIS HSI and ARC pages, the corresponding RMI-1 (2) RADIO arrow will now show course angle similar to the RMI arrow on the HSI.

Haven't tried the ABRIS one yet. Good luck!

• 3 months later...

can each helo get it's own adf freq? I want to be able to track helo's by their individual ADF Freqs and do it with the HSI and Abris..

thanx..

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

@Ramstein

please look at Page 2-69 of the flight manual.

There is the only way described how you can track your wingman with the HSI

CPU: Intel i7-5820K 3,3GHz

Motherboard: ASUS X99-A

Grafik Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX1080 Ti 337.50

RAM: 32GB

PIMAX 5k+ BE

Hotas Warthog with Simped Pedals

WIN 10 64bit

DirctX 11.0

@Ramstein

please look at Page 2-69 of the flight manual.

There is the only way described how you can track your wingman with the HSI

yes, I have been reading everything, but still have problems with HSI.. I am trying to figure all of this out, and be able to make it all work without going back over everything every time I mess up..

:joystick:

thanx

:thumbup:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Hi Butcher, what procedure are you referring to? My english manual does not have a page 2-69.

You have the extended manual? It's 6-69. It mentions slaving the ADF to the radio. See also item 4 on page 6-99 (again in the extended manual, it's page 2-99 in the regular manual).

I don't think would be at all useful in the game, though. Seeing your wingman on the ABRIS is much more user-friendly.