mig23 MLD/MF/UB

of what i know mig 23 has 3 positions for its variable wings, and the wings are moved manually. maybe i'll try to do it in flap's argument for two of the positions and the third to insert it in lights argument..don't know other variant, if you guys have any idea about it share it please so we can finish the mods.

the things are like this. i have 3 mods in development: f-16 which is 90% finished, soko/iar-93 orao at about 75% finished and mig-23 at 95%. the problem is that i stopped working at each of them because i don't know some parts for finishing them. for example: for the mig-23 i don't know what arguments to animate the variable wings and this is why i don't release it. and another questions for all of them are next ones:

1.how do i include 2 models in 1 mod because for each of them ,excepting f-16, i want to insert the double seatter;

2.how do i make the .skins file at each of them. i tried to make it for the mig-23 and it didn't work even it should be simple to make it, because i have only 1 material and 1 texture.

3.how do i set the serial numbers for each aircraft?

when i have the answers for these questions or some help from anybody, it will be a matter of few days until release them.

I feel like im repeating myself here, but lets give it a go again shall we?;)

1. You include 2 models in 1 by using the visibillity argument (77 or something like that, it will be written in the .skins files). So using hte visibillity argument, you can set one of the models to be present on skins starting from 0-.50, and another model to be present from skins .50-.100.

2. Skins files makes it possible to have many texture use the same material, and thus many skins. The skin file will need info from 3dsmax and texture names in order to work. You will need to write your MATERIAL NAMES and TEXTURE NAMES in the .skins file. Its important that you name your materials in 3dsmax to something unique. Take a look at one of the default .skins file, forexample for the su-25t, and see how its written. After you have done your skins file, you will need to update your lua file for the aircraft you are replacing so that the skin name an skin variations can be added into the game.

3. Serial numbers are done again with visibillity argument and tga textures, much in the same way as the lights are added. The arguments for the serial numbers are found in the argument list for aircrafts that follows with the tools.

Another tip: Use lockon model viewer to see how arguments work. You can also here find out what argument is controlling the variable wings of the mig-23. The variable wings argument will only work on AI planes and other clients on a multiplay server, but NOT on your own plane. If you want the variable wings to be visible on your own plane, you msut use an arguemnt that works on your own plane, like the flaps.

How about using similiar trick as VNAO did with F-14 model. I mean using flaps and afterburner argument for wings fold. My suggestion is to assign full extent of wings to flaps, medium one to plane with no flaps used and full retraction to engine afterburner.

What you people think?

Only i don't know what to do at take off when you got flaps extended and afterburner on ;)

Edited by czarnyolek

You can make an animation dependant on more than one argument.

To take an example from the game - the refuelling lamp on the Su-33 comes out only when the probe is extended and only if cockpit lights(night) are on.

So for wing sweep you could make it so that full retraction only occurs when flaps are off and afterburners are on.

Edit: disregard the Su-33 example - checking up on it, I can see that the refueling lamp has its own argument and that the animation doesn't seem to be reliant on other arguments(so must be a code thing then).

Edited by Alfa
  • Like 1

JJ

OldCrow thank you, after i did the .skins file i forgot to modify the .lua. i'll do it again and if it doesn't work are you interested in doing it for me? the thing it's very easy. my model uses the default skins from the sim, so the texture names are the same. and in the .max file i have only one material, named "body". so if you can give it a try i'll be greateful.:pilotfly:

about the rest of them, after i do this step.

Yep sure, just add me to msn or skype, and I'll have a look at it ;)

EDIT: Only one material? Remember you need 1 material per texture if its gonna work. The material must also be standard materials, so multimaterials wont work. The texture should go into the diffuse channel of each material. Also, I recommend naming the materials more unique, as the name "body" can easily be used by some other models for lockon. Try something like "mig-23-jx-body" forexample, as its very unlikely this is gonna be used by other models. If other models have the same material name as your model, then there is a big chance that the wrong texture will be assigned to your model in game.

Edited by OldCrow

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings the friend! How successes? Has found in the Internet model F-14D from VNAO, and so they have replaced аогумент release a flap with change of geometry of a wing.

http://www.virtualnavairops.com/virtualnavairops.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=74

P.S How successes with МиГ-23?

В онлайне Fog.

С уважением Владислав.

• 1 month later...

Firts :

Create а .skins file (take exemple of an existing one), with the same name as the corresponding 3D model in .LOM

- for example SU-25T.skins

models -- here are assigned the 3D models of the plane (you can have several models, minimun one in high def)

{

lod = {"SU-25T", 30}; -- the nearest model best defined

lod = {"SU-25T_LOD1", 500}; -- the model at 500m is different lower poly

lod = {"SU-25T_LOD", 1000000}; -- a litle model (box)

collision = "SU-25T-COLLISION";

}

argument

{

argument = 70; -- skin argument in your 3D model

skin

{

value = 0.0; -- Important : this is the value of skin 1

material = {"fuz-center", "standart", "SU39-PAINT1-DEF-01.BMP"};

material = {"wings", "standart", "SU39-PAINT2-DEF-01.BMP"};

material = {"SU39-PAINT2bis-DEF-01", "standart", "SU39-PAINT2bis-DEF-01.BMP"};

material = {"fuz-tail & fin", "standart", "SU39-PAINT3-DEF-01.BMP"};

material = {"tail & stab", "standart", "SU39-PAINT4-DEF-01.BMP"};

material = {"brake-L", "standart", "SU39-PAINT5-L-DEF-01.BMP"};

material = {"brake-R", "standart", "SU39-PAINT5-R-DEF-01.BMP"};

material = {"fuz-nose-steel", "standart", "SU39-PAINT6-DEF-01.BMP"};

material = {"SU-39-PILON", "standart", "SU39-PILON-PAINT-DEF-01.BMP"};

material = {"PILON_2_Su-39", "standart", "SU39-PILON-2-PAINT-DEF-01.BMP"};

material = {"numbers", "standart", "rus-code-numbers-ver1-BwW-X.TGA"};

material = {"PylonsSu-25T1", "standart", "Su-25TPylon.bmp"};

material = {"pylon25lateral", "standart", "Lateral25TPylon.bmp"};

}

- each material UV map has a name in 3DSmax, use this and assign a BMP or tga file

- example "wings" is name you gave in 3DSmax and "SU39-PAINT2-DEF-01.BMP" is name of your texture file n°1.

- the number of materials depending of the number of UV maps you are using in 3DSmax.

- You need minimum 1 material and 1 texture.

- "standart" is the type of material (let it)

- You can see that "numbers" is a tga, to use the alpha mask

skin

{

value = 0.1-- : this is the value of the second skin. Her you will assign texture n°2 etc...

increase "value =" to add a new texture. Be carefull, respect the sequence. 0.1, 0.2,....0.9, 1.0...and so on...

Second :

in directory : scripts/database/planes you will find the plane_name.lua file, open it.

You will find something like this :

ColorSchemes = {

color_scheme("{D7FBDFAC-7CDA-4857-9999-CDC0F2AFD1CA}", _("USA Grey"), 0),

-- 0 corresponds to value = 0.0 in the .skins file

color_scheme("{6D79BC93-FB8D-4EE4-AE1A-AECADB2798E5}", _("USA Flipper"), 1),

-- 1 corresponds to value = 0.1 in the .skins file...

}

Important :

- Use the existing CLSID's and don't change it, you will avoid visibility issues for non mod users vs mod users

- to add more skins copy/paste a color_scheme line, create a new clsid, there are Clsid generator on the web or here, change the name and number.

color_scheme("{b44a0eeb-2b6a-44d2-932f-aedb2d15887e}", _("New scheme"), 2),

- You must have a new corresponding texture with value = 0.2 in the .skins file.

Final :

- to see the new skin in a country, edit db_countries.lua

- Search the country and the plane.

- each skin is defined by the following line : color_scheme("{clsid}", "Name of the skin"),

- the clsid is the same as in plane_name.lua of course.

Example :

color_scheme("{55033da3-6ad7-4a9c-807f-79696ce713a2}", "EC1/2 SPA3 \"Cigogne de Guynemer\""),

To resume :

In Mig-23.skins -> texture A -> Value = 0.X

In Mig-23.lua -> X -> CLSID

In db_Countries.lua -> CLSID -> Name of the skin in the editor

texture A -> Value = 0.X -> X -> CLSID -> Name of the skin in the editor

Edited by Michelange

EVAC : French fighter school on LockOn: Flaming Cliffs

Moding tutorials at C6

Some hint for the wing fold animation, maybe you have the same "problem":

I tryed this some time ago while playing around with a self made Su-22 model.

The argument is working fine and the animation could be seen in model viewer and in Lomac as an AI plane.

But, when flying the model in Lomac by myself (human cockpit = yes) no animation was visible.

No way to fold the wings without cheating (e.g. combined flaps animation) in a flyable model at this time.

Edited by Vinc_Vega

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, the Su-22 was not released because i haven't finished it.

I stoped working more than two years ago for time reasons.

But the swing-wing was functioning for AI planes.

Here are some previews of the unfinished M4 and UM3K models.

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr126/Jensen01/temp/ScreenShot_638.jpg

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr126/Jensen01/temp/ScreenShot_639.jpg

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr126/Jensen01/temp/ScreenShot_640.jpg

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr126/Jensen01/temp/ScreenShot_622.jpg

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr126/Jensen01/temp/ScreenShot_623.jpg

Edited by Vinc_Vega

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...