Unguided weapons Release

The rockets are really meant to be used against infantry mostly, and other soft targets (destroying encampments etc).

The S-13 is an anti-bunker weapon and requires more precise operation, but on the other hand the targets also tend to be that much bigger.

Yes! With large and fixed targets, can engage far away and safe. But until S-8OFP2, the best I can do "by the book" against moving or little targets is near 1km "unsafe" distance with S-8 (like the example below)... larger distances = miss... I'll love the new toy!!! :thumbup:

RocketsAgainstMVTarget.trk

Edited by LoBiSoMeM

Maybe you should set up a mission that has you and a wingman attack several static targets. Order the wingman to attack the targets. Just sit back and watch him go to work, you should get some tips on how the pros do it.

Sorry dsobbe, just seen your post. Not sure what the problem is.... possibly stupid, but check master arm, laser standby etc, and I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to fire whatever is selected on the weapons front? Obviously you can't fire rockets whilst vikhir is selected, so make sure unguided weapons are your ONLY weapons selected. Cannon, once foxed me, you probably know this, but C selects and deselects cannon, so make sure it is deselected.

Hope that helps

Warbird

Warbird 242,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have the master arm, etc, correctly set. And the cannon is not selected. That one also had me stumped for awhile. I usually set the Weapons Mode Selector Switch to HNY (Fixed Cannon, Boresight) when firing unguided rockets and they can be fired with the "Space/Alt" trigger. But, if I lock a target with the "Enter" key to place an aiming point on the target, the rockets can no longer be fired. What is more puzzling is that this inabiliity to fire rockets after locking happens in some missions and not others. Maybe I'm using an incorrect Weapons Mode Selector Switch setting. Is there a better, or correct, weapons panel setup for unguided rockets?

Thanks,

DSobbe

I usually set the Weapons Mode Selector Switch to HNY (Fixed Cannon, Boresight) when firing unguided rockets and they can be fired with the "Space/Alt" trigger.

No need to do that. Try without change to HNY.

You will always fire unguided rockets to boresight.

I just don't fly with rockets. Saves weight on something I don't normally use anyway and gives me more flying time...ATGMs and HE rounds are enough in my opinion. AP bullets are next to useless in this game as well...

Dsobbe

I think that's the problem there. I can't remember what the other Weapons mode selector switch option is, but I think it's something along the lines of Slave to target. Don't select the HNY, because I'd guess this just confuses the system, because as far as I know, that option is only for cannon.

Hope that helps

Warbird

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I guess the best bet with rockets is to set them to blow everything out of the tubes with one click and use them like a fire hose. After all, these are non-precision weapons that require more finesse and skill than technical precision.

DSobbe