trimming (solution)?

MrReynolds

Okay......

there have been people expressing difficulties with the new trim feature.

I also had problems with catastrophic crashing (helicopter) after trimming at low level.

So I reverted to the old way. Still had them.

So, looked at the joystick view......

and here it is.......

drum roll please:

Are your joystick pots spiking?

Obviously if you don't have pots for your joystick there may still be an issue, but since mine was spiking in the vertical, it goes without saying that if I was trimming, and just at the wrong moment the pot would spike....BOOM - you've trimmed too far and it's adios amigos!!!

So - anyone still having troubles with trim - clean your pots. worked for me :D

LOL - and if this has already been posted - SOZ :music_whistling:

Sugestion for a trim logic option:

- First position when press and hold trim button: set the new trimmed position for center stick+rudder.

- When release the trim button: regain control, without need to center the stick.

Simple.

Edited by LoBiSoMeM

The problem I first had with the new trim system is that my controls were locking out unless I canceled the trim. It turned out that I hadn't put a small dead area in the rudder control setup and my rudder wasn't returning completely to the neutral position. I put in a value of 5 and now the new trim system works like a champ! Maybe this will help someone else.

Edited by Speedbrake

I never undestand the "paradigm" of need to center the joystick after trimming to set the new trim or regain control of the shark.

We don't need to put bigger deadzones or fight against less precise input devices.

Just press the trim button when in the desired stable new trimmed position, and center the joystick with the trim button pressed. It's the best solution for joysticks without FFB: when you release the trim button, regain control and the trimmed position is the FIRST state when you pressed the trim button, not the last. If you are careless, you will have some "jumps" if release trim button far of center controls, but is better than explode on ground...

Ok, the "real Ka-50" meybe uses a logic more similar to the actual trim system, the actual trim system in ideal environment are very precise... But real Ka-50 pilots don't fly with simple joysticks with imprecise deadzones, old pots, loose springs...

This trim logic maybe work better for a lot of people. Deserves a try in my opinion.

The problem I first had with the new trim system is that my controls were locking out unless I canceled the trim. It turned out that I hadn't put a small dead area in the rudder control setup and my rudder wasn't returning completely to the neutral position. I put in a value of 5 and now the new trip system works like a champ! Maybe this will help someone else.

Couldn't agree more with the highlighted part above.

Adjust your joystick dead-zones and this new trimming logic is a fantastic improvement! :thumbup:

It seems in multiplayer when things get laggy a bit it disengages my trimmer button and i crash when landing or turning fast low to the ground because I dont know i let go of the trimmer button so to speak... trying differnt deadzones to maybe get around this.. any ideas???