How to turn off new cocpit mouse view?

Vecko

From the readme:

COCKPIT VIEW

A new cockpit view control mode has been added, which combines the mouse look and mouse click modes.

The following three view modes are cycled through with the key combination [LALT+C]:

1. Standard click mode with no view control

2. Combined mode with view control and clicking enabled

3. Standard view mode with no clicking

What are you trying to acomplish?

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

It is kinda amusing that first people were begging to have the "bug" as a feature (the esc-esc to have both at the same time), and when ED listens and implements it, we start begging to have it removed somehow.

I don't like to see the cursor unless it is needed.

While I understand the sentiment, I just put it down in some corner of the screen, and by virtue of having a headtracker I never see it (since whenever I move my head to get something into view, the cockpit "moves" but the cursor stays in the corner.

Possible solution could be some of the timeouts used in many PC DVD programs, perhaps? If cursor is untouched for 1 minute: hide it. As soon as you touch mouse again, make it visible. Though obviously that solution would be one for a future patch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Possible solution could be some of the timeouts used in many PC DVD programs, perhaps? If cursor is untouched for 1 minute: hide it. As soon as you touch mouse again, make it visible. Though obviously that solution would be one for a future patch.

I think this option will be perfect, for all modes.

As with the new trim function, the new cockpit mouse function should have an option to be turned off.

I use the LAlt+C all the time, and now I have to switch it more often.

The bug with clickable mouse+mouse look that was appearing out of nowhere randomly it seemed, was fixed by adding it as the 3rd setting.

The problem with having both functions in one is that when using the mouse wheel to zoom in/out, you almost certainly going to adjust something else as the cursor is moving across the screen, like HUD brightness.

• Like 1

My first computer and my ED collection:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I won FC1 in the original Lock On Tournament in 2005:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=8805

;738508']The problem with having both functions in one is that when using the mouse wheel to zoom in/out' date=' you almost certainly going to adjust something else as the cursor is moving across the screen, like HUD brightness.[/quote']

I believe the more viable option would be to disable knob turning in that particular mode.

Nevertheless...

I can't have enough of that mode, love it totally! Good job, ED! :thumbup:

...well someone has to move the mud!!!