Dragon's version of the Battlefield FX

STP Dragon

Dragons_BattlefieldFX.jpg

This is a modification of TangoRomeos Battlefield FX Mod.

DOWNLOAD V5.0

This mod can be installed via Modman!

Please set your soundsettings in BS-options to DEFAULT!

===============

Dragons Changes

===============

- Original engine (turend down volume)

- Original APU (turend down volume)

- Original Avionc warning (turend down volume)

- Original Gear

- Turned down volume of rain

- Better Explosion sound of vehicles

- Better sound of activ SAM vehicles

- Louder Gun-Sound (30mm fast)

- Better Gun-Sound (30mm slow)

- Rotor sound of the Improved Rotor Sound Mod (turned up volume)

- Normal button sound for trimmer

- Bugfix Soundbug

Edited by =STP= Dragon
  • Like 1

Better Gunsound for the slow firerate!

The original one listened hollow, flannelly...

I copied the fast gunsound and cut it to the slow frequence.

Can't check out the sounds in game now though I don't agree with the original "EngineTV3117In" sounds. The Battlefield FX sounds were closer (still not perfect though) to this movie.

By the way, what programs do you use for sound editing?

Edited by Frazer

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds awesome, much more natural.

Props to TangoRomeos Battlefield FX Mod (I havnt tried it, but your hard work is appreciated)

Athlon 64 X2 5000+ @ 2.84ghz on ASUS M2 Crosshair M.B. OC'd

WinXP PRO 32bit SP3

2Gigs - Corsair DDR2 800mhz

ATI RADEON X1950 Crossfire edition 512mb

(8.12 drivers_ATI Tray)

Track IR 4 Pro/ Logitech Extreme 3D pro / CH Products Pro Throttle / Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit/Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals:pilotfly:

Indeed, very easy to use. Still though, I wish the ogg compression would be better. And Audacity sometimes crashes. I'm always on the lookout for better freeware sound editing software.

Hint: It's called a sequencer, not editing software. But i think Audacity is pretty much the freeware standard ATM.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Hint: It's called a sequencer, not editing software. But i think Audacity is pretty much the freeware standard ATM.

I see, well what you basicly do is editing sounds so I think everyone understands that. Thanks for the tip there though.

Edit:

Just found out that Audacity stands under "Digital audio editor" by wiki. Good you made me search for that, now I see many more programs to try. :thumbup:

Edited by Frazer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS BS Sound tweak.

I collected the best rotor sounds available in the community and tweaked them to sound very close to reality. Can be installed over original sounds or any soundmod.

Download: DCS_BS_Rotorsound_Tweak_v1

Please read the README.

Enjoy :)

Edited by Frazer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tried the Rotorsound Tweak a few mins ago sounds really nice on first tests. But I am not really sure if those sounds are closer to realistic.

I guess Eagle Dynamics used high quality mics to capture the KA 50 sounds so I´m not sure if a youtube Video even with a good cam can compete with them ?

Just wondering if ED used mics or did they designed them by synths etc ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok I had a look at the files both original from ED and the Mods.

My english is actually not that good so I hope you understand me well.

I compared the Engine sound and I think I discovered that they´re both the same (of course) but the mod file had lower quality some frequencies missing etc. (in and out)

The RotorKA50 Hi sample has artefacts from the engine and the other noise sources wich the ED one has´nt. So the Mod has too much information.

RotorKA50dyn I´m not sure about that one. The ED sample had more higher frequencies and e mod version more bass and lesser high freq. So you could say that the Mod one from the video has also just lower quality but excatly the same native sound.

I don´t want to make your work worse. I was just interest if the mod is really giving us an improvement on the sounds.

I´m an amteur music producer so I should be qualified to judge the quality of sounds. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This helisounds are my favourite, too but I have a question. Is about the soundbug ingame.

Which sounds are the real ones ? Usually after unpausing I press F2 and F1 and then I hear the rotorsounds otherwise I hear only the engine or should I not change perspectives after unpausing ?

Edit: I used the search function :)

Edited by Migo

Well, sometimes these sound bugs get solved by switching camera views a couple of times and then go back in to the cockpit. If that doesn't work........it doesn't work and is something we have to live with.

I'm a huge fan of both LockOn and Blackshark though the sounds engine, sucks big time....(sorry ED, it just does).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This helisounds are my favourite, too but I have a question. Is about the soundbug ingame.

Which sounds are the real ones ? Usually after unpausing I press F2 and F1 and then I hear the rotorsounds otherwise I hear only the engine or should I not change perspectives after unpausing ?

Edit: I used the search function :)

Close the door after starting the last engine... In my point of view this is the sound how it have to be.

@ Frazer

Thats what I tried to say. They are both realistic but the ED ones are closer to reality because of the quality.

The MOD sounds are definetely interesting and they appear to be realer because they´re a bit dirtier.

But I would never trust sounds to be real if they are recorded by a Camera Mic :)

I would really love to know how ED made their sapmles. That would clearify a lot to me.

Can´t decide which sounds to use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]