TouchPal - Touchscreen Cockpit

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A marvelous piece of kit guys.

Thanks very much to DickDastardly and Gadroc.

My only problem is I can get everything to work except the display part of the navigation control panel!!

The nav panel buttons all work if I check inside at the primary display, and everything else works within the TouchPanel screen

Anybody else had this prob??

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

A marvelous piece of kit guys.

Thanks very much to DickDastardly and Gadroc.

My only problem is I can get everything to work except the display part of the navigation control panel!!

The nav panel buttons all work if I check inside at the primary display, and everything else works within the TouchPanel screen

Anybody else had this prob??

Glad you enjoy!

Unfortunately there is no know way at this time to extract that information from BlackShark, so it will remain blank until someone hacks a way or the PCIP is released. From recent forum posts it may be a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all and first must say fantastic work here really :thumbup:

I have 3 screens on main pc

main 1920x1200

second is a 1280x1024 set to 1024x768 for the abris

third is a 1280x1024 for the shkval

these all work fine (can post scripts if anyone wants them)

I have a laptop running the BSVP dials in 1366x768

Now this is set up like this

DCS01.jpg

Now I would like to put the touchPal on the laptopas it has a touch screen.

I have read all the posts twice so please dont think Iam after a quick fix.

I am not a coder so I have no idea how this black art works.

Is it poss to ger the touchPal to work on the laptop? so I can use it as a touch screen.

I think there is somthig about keys not working over TCP is this still true?

well If anyone hasa thought then please pipe up and another big thank you to all the people here for masses of fantastic work for us unworty twits that just want it to work for us as well as everyone else has it running lol

take care all:thumbup:

should work no problem

configure touchpal for your network as you have done for bsvp already

pretty sure a newer tp exe fixes the key over lan issue

great setup by the way, good luck

Cool have it all going and fine in single player.

having a sopt of bother with the multiplayer screens all over and the parts you need to go to briefing and fly are missing. Have I missed the somthing

Edited by Kai

I tried that and didn't have a lot of joy

my main is 1920x1200 and my other two are 1280x1024

I get the briefing part missing and thats where the problem is I think

If I shrink the main down the res is crap and looks really bad.

I'm not going to profess to know about programming so I will leave it to those who do. If any one wants me to try anything then great tell me what to do and I will and will give feed back.

Hi everyone

I am new to this community and happy to be part of it. I am a software engg working in a organization since 4yrs. I love to play online internet game. Well do not mind but right now I don't have sufficient information but If in future I got than definitely I will share with you guys. I have news for the people those are interested in video game. There is site lunch for game called Jocuri Flash in the web site http://monstergames.ro/. Just play once and take the new experience and enjoy the fun.

Thanks

monstergames.ro

Hi everyone

I am new to this community and happy to be part of it. I am a software engg working in a organization since 4yrs. I love to play online internet game. Well do not mind but right now I don't have sufficient information but If in future I got than definitely I will share with you guys. I have news for the people those are interested in video game. There is site lunch for game called SUPER CRAP. Just play once and take the new experience and enjoy the fun.

Thanks

Well, I feel a little better seeing the spammers aren't just after my websites. Even the big dogs like ED get hit.

Enjoy FC2!

TouchPal_Designer

I have created a TouchPal Designer, based on OpenOffice.org Draw document with a Macro script in OpenOffice.org Basic language. You can move and scale all the buttons and panels. You can create new buttons and panels too. I have used OpenOffice.org because it's open source. And it's very easy to use.

You can download and test here:

www.andalux.com/dcs/TouchPal_Designer.odg

(OpenOffice.org 3.2.0)

To execute the Macro:

> Tools > Macros > Execute Macro...

Select TouchPal_Designer macro in the tree (¬ Standard ¬ Module1).

You must respond some questions:

1. Output xml file (all the path). The file must exist.

2-3. X-Y position (of the touchpal window)

4-5. Width and Height of the window (1600 and 900 by default of mine).

The first layer "Design" only contains the panels.

Every other layer contains it's owns buttons.

Respects the names of the panels and put the buttons in the layer.

Draw document in pt (points like pixels).

Initial Size in 1600x900 (my touchscreen).

To hide layers, double click in tab and unselect "Visible".

More information in OpenOffice.org web page.

Code of buttons are in "Description" property of the button.

Every button and panel have a "Name" property.

The image of panels and buttons must be in "\resources" folder.

Edited by trujillostm

Hi Sergio !

a good initiative ! i'll test that ! thanks for the work !

EDIT

some remarks and questions :

I am not used to work on ooo Draw

uninstalled ooo 3.1 and fresh 3.2 install

load your script

no problemo

the included graph is only a work in progress I guess... Ok, but how can we update the properties ?

I found you have to click on a graphic object on ooo design interface

then right clic

then select properties : name, description, size and so on... right ? can you confirm ?

I found in the properties that all images are in a subfolder named "resources" :

<BackgroundImage>resources\A055p1.png</BackgroundImage>

is there a convenient way to update all the properties from all these objects without editing each one ?

Is there a way to import a photoshop document (PSD format) ?

I found in your macro you used a folder for the png jpg and so on that is a constant :

Folder = "touchpaldesigner\"

what is the relative path of it if you want to edit that ? is it just at the same level than the touchpal.xml file ?

I guess in your exemple your macro build a touchpal.xml file, then you move this file at the correct

MyDocuments\touchpal\

directory place

so where do you need to place the "touchpaldesigner\resources\" folder including all images ?

more questions when I have the time...

PS :

I tested a run of your macro

and the touchpal.xml is created,

but I have some lines with "ss" ASCII characters alone... not a big deal a search/replace in xml editor may solve that... but it seems to be a bug no ?

Edited by C6_Hellfrog

Yes, the example is my own test.

Right mouse click on the object, and options Name... or Description...

I'm testing of using an OpenOffice Calc document to import all datas (names, actions, ...). Te Calc table is embeding in the Draw document...

You can insert other objects, not only images, but you must set Name and Description properties...

You can change the xml output file path in the macro code...

All images are in \resources when you run TouchPal.

"ss" is for test, in the Description of some buttons, you can change it with the correct code...

You can design your Profile, and then you can create PSD files with exact dimensions and position.

Edited by trujillostm

wooah, this sounds like the best thing ever!! See, I was thinking about getting that 22" touchscreen while it was on sale this morning, but I didn't buy it. Sad that I didn't know about this piece of software.

So just to be sure, let's say you get 1 touch screen monitor and use a regular one for normal view, you will be able to use the 2 monitors, 1 for normal view and one with all the buttons which you can touch?

And it's Black Shark's right?

This is fantastic!

EDIT:

I can still get the monitor, it has these specs, will that work all right or is the resolution bad?

21,5" Full HD multi-touchscreen monitor

Maximale resolutie 1920 x 1080 (16:9)

Edited by manne

That will work fine Manne. Keep in mind Touchpal does not display the shkval and ABRIS you have to configure Black Shark to put them on the right place on the screen... Touchpal just draws around them.

The Black Shark profile that I've posted is designed for 1024x768, but you can with a little effort modify the xml file to display it any way you want. I have not tried trujillostm's editor yet but that may be an option to modify it to your resolution as well.

wooah, this sounds like the best thing ever!! See, I was thinking about getting that 22" touchscreen while it was on sale this morning, but I didn't buy it. Sad that I didn't know about this piece of software.

So just to be sure, let's say you get 1 touch screen monitor and use a regular one for normal view, you will be able to use the 2 monitors, 1 for normal view and one with all the buttons which you can touch?

And it's Black Shark's right?

This is fantastic!

Not to detract from TouchPal (as it is a *wonderful* application!)... but did you realize that you could use the touchscreen monitor to touch (and operate) the switches in the cockpit view?

I'm not saying that approach is better. I just get the impression from the way your message was worded that you may not have been aware of that possibility.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Not to detract from TouchPal (as it is a *wonderful* application!)... but did you realize that you could use the touchscreen monitor to touch (and operate) the switches in the cockpit view?

I'm not saying that approach is better. I just get the impression from the way your message was worded that you may not have been aware of that possibility.

Thanks for the concern. I was aware, kinda. What makes me so enthusiastic is that it's simply very cumbersome to use all the cockpit switches (I can imagine even with touchscreen), while in real life there isn't this screen barrier. So I like this one because, although it removes some "realism", it also promotes a more natural way of pressing switches, because it's easier to navigate. Not because the placement is different (or "easier" to remember), but simply because there is a whole screen for it (just like in RL you can very quickly use your eyes to look around, while this is very hard in a sim). So I really like the general idea :)

-------------------------------------

Other question: should this mod influence FreeTrack? I just tried the mod using a spare LCD (non touch) and it all works, but somehow my FreeTrack won't work anymore. Anything related or just pure coincidence?

that last one request is still work in progress for me to gain an absolutely complete touchpal profile

still some bugs to eradicate

but you may look at Oakes profiles for a good start it is way complete.

Be aware that the last versions have been edited to work with SIOC : therefore touchpal section is less complete

some work from Mainpanelinit.lua

see linked files

used in touchpal or SIOC :

these values are exported from BS and read in SIOC or touchpal to update the display of lights and some buttons synchronized with sim status

don't confuse with datas from clickabledata.lua, used to send inputs from Touchpal or SIOC to BS

the main problem is : not all buttons in clickabledata.lua have an equivalent in mainpanel.lua : so you may send input to BS, but there are some cases where you cannot update the status of the button in touchpal synchronized with BS...

although it is only programmation bugs from myself... still to explore on that way

to come soon : an utility that read touchpal.xml and export as condensed way in notepad all {button : name, ID, X, Y, key pushed or networksend action}, usefull to find doublons and errors in large files.

export.Hell.MainpanelOutput.zip

export.lua.Hellfrog.MainpanelOutput.pdf

Edited by C6_Hellfrog

good job on the tools above

happy today after getting time to finally get both TP and bsvp running on a remote pc

networked to my main dcs pc

main pc with 1280x720 for the main camera view on the big screen

and using 2 of the 3 screens below on the th2go for shkval and abris

with tp in service mode on the taskbar

using the combined tp and bsvp eng export lua, edited to point to the remote pc

remote pc running 2 monitors, one each for tp and bsvp

TP connects via lan to the TP service on the main pc

(the TP.exe from ddahlstrom on both main and remote pc)

when the pause key is hit

TP, bsvp and the abris all come alive

shkval is so much better on a dedicated screen

the big res in options.lua is still killing me,

it still equates to 3840x1024 as i have all monitors horizontal in windows display properties

includes the projector + the left and middle screen on the th2go

if it's even an option would turning off the pilots shkval and abris in the camera view help performance any?

with this setup i don't see them anyway so be gone with them

i think too the lower res on the shkval and abris might be the way to go,

as 10fps is not adequate for smooth sailing :)

getting around 30fps without all this

big thanks for everyone's hard work and help so far making all this possible :thumbup:

Edited by G3