• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

About french version, yes!

I modify 1 or 2 lua files and it s better. I Can run touchpal without problem

Only appears a error Windows at the end of a game but have no consequence

I Will prepare later something to describe what i have and what i do to solve the problem

Probably on C6 forum

Thanks for interesting

Bye

• 4 weeks later...

I have been testing with TouchPal. Really nice stuff! :)

Only thing that bugs me is that the button layout has been re-done for easy access. This means that if you're used to playing with TouchPal you might have forgotten where the actual controls are and how they look.

I really don't know how much work it is yet, but I think for personal use, I'm going to try and create an interface with at least the following 4 panels, exactly how they look in the cockpit:

- Targeting Mode Control Panel

- PUI-800 Weapon Status & Control Panel

- Data Link Control Panel

- UV-26 Countermeasures Control Panel

And maybe (if there is room left)

- Targeting Display Control Panel

I hope it's ok if I try this based on the TouchPal files, as long as I keep it for personal use?

A question for Gadroc :

as TARGET, the brand new software for the TM Warthog has just been released, I tried it and found that for macros definitions, for all DCS series profiles, you have a USB code for a macro and not a key syntax.

for many functions, Cougar owners found 2 years ago that USB code was necessary to have it work properly in BS, and it seems to be the same for A10C.

So I have one question :

could you or not

implement USB emulation in Touchpal

to send "USB" more than "keystrokes" to BS ou A-10 for some functions we can't drive correctly through export.lua

??

Thanks

PS :

2 questions in fact :

- CAN one do it ?

- WOULD you do it ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's Aliiiive!

Ok, first off - thanks to all who have had anything to do with setting this great program up and getting it to work. It really is 'white mans magic' to me and has been a steep learning curve.

It works, in a fashion!

I have a main monitor at 1680X1050 and a 10" touch screen to its top right at 1024X768. I'm running BS in 'not full screen' mode and am using Windows Vista 32 bit. I have a NVidia 8800GT which seems to handle everything just fine.

I can run BS with touchpal and everything works fine; The abris and Shkal are where they should be and all the buttons work a treat. I have to start TouchPal after I'm in the cockpit though otherwise my joystick profile doesn't seem to load. This isn't a major problem though. There are hovever a few problems which still exist:

1. When I launch BS from the desktop shortcut I immediately get the following message box (made bold by me):

Error:

.\blackshark\modules\me_traceback.lua:110: bad argument #1 to 'member' (string expected, got no value)

Stack traceback:

->stack: .\blackshark\modules\i18n.lua in line 213 in func: _

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 194 in func: getMonitorProfiles

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 268 in func:

->stack: .\BlackShark\BlackShark.lua in line 234 in func:

I click 'OK' and the game starts up fine! It does this if I open normally or if I open with Admin rights, and if Touchpal is opened or closed.

2. As I said, the game then starts up fine but if I then click on the 'Options' button in the GUI I get the following message (made bold by me):

Error:

..\luagui5\dialog_loader.lua:27: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)

Stack traceback:

->stack: ..\luagui5\dialog_loader.lua in line 27 in func: setText

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 2029 in func: bindControl

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 238 in func: bindControls

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 424 in func: doCreate

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\me_options.lua in line 1113 in func:

->stack: ..\blackshark\modules\MainMenu.lua in line 139 in func: func

->stack: ..\luagui5\Widget.lua in line 266 in func:

->stack: .\BlackShark\BlackShark.lua in line 751 in func:

The loading screen locks up and I have to 'Alt Tab' out to click 'OK' in the error box. I'm then dumped back to the GUI. I canot access the options menu at all!

The application works fine, but I was hoping that someone would be able to tell me what's going on here and how I can get access to the options menu again? I followed all of the instructions to the letter, done some maths and most of it seems to work...

I think you had to write protect your options.lua to have it work... not overwriten by the game. (necessary for any multiscreenconfig)

therefore you can't go to options menu without bug, because BS need to edit options.lua....

therefore soluce is :

have a backup copy of your working options.lua somewhere

un write protect options.lua, then launch BS, go to options menu and make the choices you have to

then close BS

then rebakckup your new options.lua (incremental, like that you can go back and up bteween different setups)

then rewrite protect the options.lua to have game.

these should clear your last errors.

for the other errors,

I don't know and don't have time enough... sorry.

Seems I'm stuck......

...with it! I can reload the original 'option.LUA' - then I can change my options if required. I the re-load the amended 'options.LUA' to be able to use the touchpal.

@Hellfrog - I'm a bit unsure what you mean. I don't know if something got lost in translation..? I have tried using the amended 'options.LUA' as a 'read only' but with the same results.

Edited by barra733

You can stay with your current options.lua, no need to go back to the original one.

But if you have a multi screen, generally all people have reported the need to have it write protected.

When the options.lua is write protected you have errors when attempting to edit any options in the BS game.

therefore you have to edit properties of the options.lua to go back to no write protection before making changes in BS.

after that go back editing properties and make again write protection.

(about write protection of options.lua :

This is particularly necessary if you go to screen options without wanting to edit it... the game will not list your personal multimonitor setups in the choices of screen configurations ; if you do that, you will have to go back to options.lua and edit it to reset to your multimonitor configuration.)

Hell Frog - I noticed that the script in the options LUA 'dd-multimonitor-2mon' did not match the name of the actual program that I was using 'DD-Multimonitor-2Mon'. I changed this and can now access the options folder. I'm still having the problems on launch though but just click OK and the game carries on!

• 4 months later...

Late bloomer, but wanted to give my utmost thanks if you're listening Gadroc. I LOVE what you did with Dastardly's profiles. Having played sims on and off for 20+ years this touch screen business is a boyish dream come true. Using it on a 22 inch touch screen and it looks great.

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

• 1 year later...

Would it be possible to achieve a similar effect just by creating a monitor layout lua with multiple views of the cockpit?

You can use viewdx/dy to point the camera

Is there a way to position the camera also?

And to stop these views from responding to the "no cockpit view" mode (lalt + f1) ?

This would use more resources but everything would work ...

• 1 year later...