TouchPal - Touchscreen Cockpit

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same issues with 2 Screen set up, picture stretch

DCS%20Blackshark%202%20monitor.jpgI have the same problem that following the instructions here my main picture is stretched across two by changing the last "width" command in the options.lua file to 1366 (my default desktop width) to 2390 which is the 2nd monitor width 1024 + 1366. All other files seem ok... help..

Edited by ady1966uk

Kpaw,

tried out your 800x600 profile, yet the 1024 version still displayed gadroc's original, was that the intention?

Yup. The 1024 version is almost identical to Gadroc's--but slightly enhanced to support the -design mode (which provides right-click editing). The intent was to make sure that Gadroc's design was supported in my updated version since a lot of people like it (including me :thumbup:). The 800x600 profile is the one I run remotely.

I have the same problem that following the instructions here my main picture is stretched across two by changing the last "width" command in the options.lua file to 1366 (my default desktop width) to 2390 which is the 2nd monitor width 1024 + 1366. All other files seem ok... help..

The stretched background is completely normal (I see the same thing if TouchPal is not running). When you run TouchPal, it should lie on top of that stretched background so that you don't see it. The ABRIS will "peek" through the mask in the profile. (I assume TouchPal is not running in this screenshot, right?)

The intent was to make sure that Gadroc's design was supported in my updated version since a lot of people like it (including me :thumbup:). The 800x600 profile is the one I run remotely.

To give credit where it is due the graphical design and layout are all DickDastardly's! I just wired up all the pretty stuff to the messy geeky stuff :book:.

@KPaw - I haven't had a chance to boot up DCS to see if I can get the HUD switch figured out. I've been heads down coding and waiting for the electronics for my collective & cyclic, but I haven't forgot.

@ady1966uk - Your screen shot looks correct for multi-screen. If you setup TouchPal to run on the right hand side it will cover the "stretched" logos and random graphics that DCS draws there and just let the ABRIS and shkval show through.

digital_steve, when you edit the options.lua to width 2048,

when your shark loads up (the blue background with stuff blowing everywhere)

when you edit to 2048, if working correctly i believe it should stretch this image across both monitors

but in game the pit should display only on the left screen.

Nope... all it did was crash it to the desktop with that setting

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

@KPaw - I haven't had a chance to boot up DCS to see if I can get the HUD switch figured out. I've been heads down coding and waiting for the electronics for my collective & cyclic, but I haven't forgot.

Take your time.

I see the thread about your cyclic, it looks nice !

If you crash to desktop when you set you resolution higher than your primary display you need to turn off full screen mode.

I'll try that then!

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

At Risk of Sounding Like An IDIOT !!

Can someone please tell me if the referenced software (TouchPal) and the file Links that have been provided, are specifically for Tcuch Screen Computers ?

Furthermore, I have seen a couple Image Attachments of a Cockpit Dash that has the same buttons as the BS albeit in a totally different location(s) ... including the Abris.

Can someone please provided a Point Form reply or summary of this very long thread topic ?

Thanks in Advance.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Can someone please tell me if the referenced software (TouchPal) and the file Links that have been provided, are specifically for Tcuch Screen Computers ?

Furthermore, I have seen a couple Image Attachments of a Cockpit Dash that has the same buttons as the BS albeit in a totally different location(s) ... including the Abris.

Can someone please provided a Point Form reply or summary of this very long thread topic ?

Thanks in Advance.

I'll take a stab at summarizing.

TouchPal can be used with or without a touchscreen. The experience is best when a touchscreen display is used, but it works fine with a mouse as well.

The position of the buttons in the TouchPal profile are wherever the profile designer wants them. They may or may not match the real cockpit. If you're up to it, you can customize a profile to position the buttons wherever you want.

Profiles that feature the ABRIS and/or Shkval are intended to be used on a second monitor attached to the same PC that is running BS. One can also configure TouchPal to run on a remote computer, but will not be able to see the ABRIS or Shkval.

SnowTiger, don't you realize that you are expected to slog through the threads like everyone else? ;) Hmmpf!!! :smartass:

ddahlstrom gave you a good summary there! What needs to be realized though (and you may already know it), is that if you are going to undertake using TouchPal (and/or BSVP) it is not a trivial task. It gets into a lot of things that will require you to "do your homework". I don't say that to discourage you, or anyone else... it has been accomplished by a number of people, so it is entirely do-able. But what you will find is that everyone's setup differs from others in some way(s).

Fortunately, there is a wealth of information here as a resource, and some very helpful folks. I hope to avail myself of this stuff once I finally settle on a new gaming desktop machine, and related equipment. In the meantime, I keep reading, and trying to let it all soak in. It's been a real trip watching the capabilities and people's setups evolve. From watching folks get 2 screens going with the sim's built-in support, to seeing people doing 3 screens with either a Matrox TH2Go or SoftTH, to TouchBuddy and then TouchPal (which stays synchronized with the cockpit switches), and then BSVP adding in gauges. Meanwhile, there are guys building *very* cool cockpits, and coming up with some very ingenious solutions to challenges along the way.

And now we have Lockon FC 2.0, DCS:A10C, and the Leavu project on the near horizon. It's a *very* good time to be sim'ing! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

exe updated by ddahlstrom : readme traduction in french

I've just completed a new set of changes to TouchPal to fill in some functional gaps that I had run into. Thanks to Gadroc and DickDastardly for developing this great platform and sharing it. Note that these changes are based on the r16 (0.4) build of TouchPal. Because the changes are fairly substantial, I have included the full source as well as an executable.

A detailed readme.txt file with installation instructions is included in the attachment. There are four primary new features.

1. Full client/server remote operation, including integrated support for sending keystrokes from a remote client to the host/game machine.

2. New 800x600 profile based on one that had been created for TouchBuddy designed primarily for operation on a remote machine.

3. New option for hiding the cursor.

4. Right-click editing of button assignments through the GUI for easily tweaking profiles.

Dave

[ATTACH]34095[/ATTACH]

pour les frenchies : j'ai enfin traduit le readme de ce package : dispo sur ce lien http://www.checksix-forums.com/showpost.php?p=987307&postcount=19

@Gadroc : feel free to copy paste and include this one in future release for french support

Edited by C6_Hellfrog
corrections

touchpal help doc : some more about KEYS

I post here a complement to my previous post n° 109 : help about touchhpal.xml syntax

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=780359&postcount=109

this one is about sending keys with KD and KU : what about the correct syntax ?

Gadroc himself answered :

KD and KU support any of the following in surrounded by {}

BACKSPACE, TAB, CLEAR, RETURN, LSHIFT, RSHIFT, LCONTROL, RCONTROL, LALT, RALT, PAUSE, CAPSLOCK, ESCAPE, SPACE, PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN, END, HOME, LEFT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN, PRINTSCREEN, INSERT, DELETE, LWIN, RWIN, APPS, NUMPAD0, NUMPAD1, NUMPAD2, NUMPAD3, NUMPAD4, NUMPAD5, NUMPAD6, NUMPAD7, NUMPAD8, NUMPAD9, MULTIPLY, ADD, SEPARATOR, SUBTRACT, DECIMAL, DIVIDE, F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12, F13, F14, F15, F16, F17, F18, F19, F20, F21, F22, F23, F24, NUMLOCK, SCROLLLOCK

So to emulate left control - r key combination the following should work:

[font=Arial][size=3][color=Blue]<PushedAction>KD:{LCONTROL}r</PushedAction>
<ReleaseAction>KU:r{LCONTROL}</ReleaseAction>[/color][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maxzepplin

cant use touchpal but touch buddy no problem

i have the same pink problems some of the others here have. got rid of the pink and the screen is white. the ABRIS and Shkval are both there in the proper place but will not show through. i have no problems with touch buddy but the buttons and profile is not as nice as this one. (no warning lights or laser lights) but oh well. i have an ati card (3870 card) and running xp. the only thing i wish is that they would improve touch buddy to run similar to this profile for the people like me. i have wasted two days :mad: and decided that something about xp, ati, or both that touchpal will not work. if anyone has the same specs please help. why can i have no problems with touch buddy and can get touchpal to work? (again i can get everything but the ABRISS and Shkval cameras to work. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hah.all I get on my touchscreen is part of the picture of the guy twisting his moustache. I guess I have some more work ahead of me, even after following the instructions for a typical 2 monitor setup (1920x1080 main + 1024x768 xenarc touchscreen).

This skin is nice, and the touchpal mod is going to be great once it's working. I'm glad you guys put this together. My touchscreen has been sitting collecting dust since I stopped playing FC + Touchbuddy.

What is confusing is that the DD_Touchpal_2Mon and _3Mon both have three entries...center, abris, and shkval. But I can't tell how these coordinates map to the Touchpal skin;s display areas....especially since the skhval looks like it can enlarged on the Touchpal screen?

Seems like there shouldn't be so much mystery... touchpal can only work in 1024x768. So why not post a chart showing what to type into these files for screen coordinates based on a few common main screen resolutions. Then the majority of us have the coordinates we need to type in, and the others with odd resolutions will be able to more easily figure it out.

That's what is throwing me off. The coords to use with the Touchpal skin.

And really, all I wanted to do was put the Shkval on my Xenarc. This extra stuff is cool. But the instructions and 17+ page thread are tough to follow.

I guess this is one of those "if you really want it, you gotta want it" kind of things. That used to be ok but now I have a baby and no time to research, experiment, and tweak. I just want to install, use, play, and thank!

Heck it'd be worth these mods becoming shareware to pay for if it meant something that worked easily out of the box without much hacking and file editing. But I'm no noob...I know the response to that already.

Ah well...a couple months from now I'll have found the time to read this whole thread and maybe figure this mystery out.

But really...there's not that many monitor resolutions out there in mainstream use for gaming. A simple chart by the author (or someone who understands the coords of the touchpal skin) would help to clear up 90% of the issues folks have with this kind of stuff.

Off to read..

-Smoky (85% tweaking, 15% playing)

Edited by Smoky

Hah.all I get on my touchscreen is part of the picture of the guy twisting his moustache. I guess I have some more work ahead of me, even after following the instructions for a typical 2 monitor setup (1920x1080 main + 1024x768 xenarc touchscreen).

This skin is nice, and the touchpal mod is going to be great once it's working. I'm glad you guys put this together. My touchscreen has been sitting collecting dust since I stopped playing FC + Touchbuddy.

What is confusing is that the DD_Touchpal_2Mon and _3Mon both have three entries...center, abris, and shkval. But I can't tell how these coordinates map to the Touchpal skin;s display areas....especially since the skhval looks like it can enlarged on the Touchpal screen?

Seems like there shouldn't be so much mystery... touchpal can only work in 1024x768. So why not post a chart showing what to type into these files for screen coordinates based on a few common main screen resolutions. Then the majority of us have the coordinates we need to type in, and the others with odd resolutions will be able to more easily figure it out.

That's what is throwing me off. The coords to use with the Touchpal skin.

And really, all I wanted to do was put the Shkval on my Xenarc. This extra stuff is cool. But the instructions and 17+ page thread are tough to follow.

I guess this is one of those "if you really want it, you gotta want it" kind of things. That used to be ok but now I have a baby and no time to research, experiment, and tweak. I just want to install, use, play, and thank!

Heck it'd be worth these mods becoming shareware to pay for if it meant something that worked easily out of the box without much hacking and file editing. But I'm no noob...I know the response to that already.

Ah well...a couple months from now I'll have found the time to read this whole thread and maybe figure this mystery out.

But really...there's not that many monitor resolutions out there in mainstream use for gaming. A simple chart by the author (or someone who understands the coords of the touchpal skin) would help to clear up 90% of the issues folks have with this kind of stuff.

Off to read..

-Smoky (85% tweaking, 15% playing)

I understand your frustration. It's possible to write a utility to help but I have not had the time. I would highly recommend re-reading DickDastardly's posts, he explains how to set these things up much better than I do. There is a decent learning curve to what is in the Black Shark config files, but once you have the grasp on them it should be easy to move everything where you want it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've edited a profile for:

1920x1080 screen on the left for cockpit window. It will work for others but you have to fiddle with x/y of shkval/abris in the monitorconfig.

1280x1024 screen on the right for touchpal.

All controls keep the same aspect, so there's a few gaps but I've kept it symmetrical.

The two major benefits:

1. Your shkval is MUCH bigger and higher resolution, easier to pick those pesky manpads out

2. No need to click the button to hide the warnings to show shkval (I've removed ekran though, so it looks symetrical, but you can add it back easy)

This doesn't contain all the images, only the modified ones, so install Gadroc's normal profile first, then overwrite files with this one.

Put the attached rar file contents in your my documents\touchpal.

Then use take the monitor.cfg to KA-50\Config\MonitorSetup and reference it appropriately in your KA-50\BlackShark\data\scripts\options.lua file.

Note that since the shkval ends halfway across the right hand screen, you only need a "WIDTH" parameter in options.lua of 2950, instead of the full 3200. It's not much but that 250 pixel width will give you a few extra frames per second :smilewink:

Smoky - this may help you as I wanted the same thing. Try this.

TwoScreens_TouchPal1280.rar

Touchpal.rar

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Thank you Taipan! I'll give it a shot.

To be honest, ALL I want is the Shkval in my second monitor. Nothing more. All the other cockpit controls in Gadroc et al's touchpal skin are great, but I just don't need them as I have hardware switches emulating cockpit controls for everything in the Touchpal skin. All I would like is the Shkval in my second monitor by itself with no other distractions or occlusions taking up space.

Is that possible?

Thank you Taipan! I'll give it a shot.

To be honest, ALL I want is the Shkval in my second monitor. Nothing more. All the other cockpit controls in Gadroc et al's touchpal skin are great, but I just don't need them as I have hardware switches emulating cockpit controls for everything in the Touchpal skin. All I would like is the Shkval in my second monitor by itself with no other distractions or occlusions taking up space.

Is that possible?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that capability is built into DCS:BS. Camera + Shkval.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Guys,

First of all many thanks for everyone involved in this great piece of software.

I got everything working however I do have a couple of questions (and yes I have read all the posts in the thread :smilewink:).

Within TouchPal you have PVI 800 display. When I press a button on TouchPal the BS will register that; however I don't see info being displayed within TouchPal PVI 800.

For example I select WPT 2, BS registers this and in sim I see WPT 2 select with its coordinates. TouchPal PVI 800 display remains blank. Is this how it should be?

BTW I do see EKRAN messages being displayed within TouchPal.

I have enabled Export scripts in config (EnableExportScript = true) and copied the

Also I am running W7 64 bit.

Any help would be great!

TIA! :thumbup: