Multiple Lock-on installs

Is it possible to install Flaming Cliffs as normal but keep a copy of 1.02 as well and play both on same hard-drive?

I made a copy of my Lomac 1.02 game files before installing FC hoping I could do this.

Thanks!

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Bump for some (detailed) instructions on this. When I try to manually install LOMAC with a version (v1.02 or v1.1) already installed on my system...it just wants to "repair" the current install.

Some of us still have wingmen who have not yet (or not going to) purchase Flaming Cliffs.

Thanks in advance,

-Chris

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

WooT!

A-ha! I've got it!

Hopefully you've saved your older folders with Lock On v1.02. I put mine on a DVD, did the v1.1 install thing, and then reinstalled the v1.02 folders to another location. But then if you hit the LockOn.exe, you just get a runtime error.

Here is what you do: (assuming you have backed up and reinstalled the v1.02 folders)

double click on the "lockon" batch file in the v1.02 \Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On folder. A DOS window will flash for a second and v1.02 will load and play! After quitting that, just create a shortcut on the desktop to the Lock On.exe in that folder. That's it! Works great! I now can play v1.1 or v1.02! Thanks to Alfa for giving me the idea!

Hope this works for you!

-Chris

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

Yes dogtoes. All i did was making a copy of the 1.02 into a new directory and redirected a 1.02 shortcut to lockon.bat! Works like a charm. BTW that procedure was already expalined somwhere on this forum!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

BTW that procedure was already expalined somwhere on this forum!

That may be true...apparently a few of us couldn't find it though. Oh well.

Thanks though.

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...
A-ha! I've got it!

Hopefully you've saved your older folders with Lock On v1.02. I put mine on a DVD, did the v1.1 install thing, and then reinstalled the v1.02 folders to another location. But then if you hit the LockOn.exe, you just get a runtime error.

Here is what you do: (assuming you have backed up and reinstalled the v1.02 folders)

double click on the "lockon" batch file in the v1.02 \Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On folder. A DOS window will flash for a second and v1.02 will load and play! After quitting that, just create a shortcut on the desktop to the Lock On.exe in that folder. That's it! Works great! I now can play v1.1 or v1.02! Thanks to Alfa for giving me the idea!

Hope this works for you!

-Chris

Which folder is this file in and what name is it?

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Which folder is this file in and what name is it?

It's the base Lock On folder and the name is lockon.bat -all lower case letters- located right next to the LOCKON.EXE.

If you're not seeing the .bat part of the file name its because your File Manager isn't setup to show the last part of the file name.

If you hover over the file it should tell you its a "MS DOS Batch File" type