This recipient is currently unable to receive money

philwood

Hello,

I have a problem when i want pay with my paypal account(philwood). I have this :

Shopping Cart

LOCK ON 1.1: Flaming Cliffs

#xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and when i click on "secure checkout buton, i have this message :

Error Detectedpixel.gif

pixel.gifThis recipient is currently unable to receive money.pixel.gifContinue

thank you for your help

I have the same problem too :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

sheesh

I get the exact same error message. It staggers me that a company which obviously contains numerous employees with large amounts of technical expertise can't organize something as simple as a straightforward e-commerce transaction. icon_rolleyes.gif

Distributing games directly over the net should be a win-win situation for developers and users. The developers don't have to share the profits with retailers and publishers so they should be able to charge considerably less than the game would have cost in a shop AND still make more from each copy they sell. Unfortunately at $35 for an expansion pack ED seem to have decided not to pass any of the savings onto the users. (In fact, by the time you factor in the cost of having to print your own manual you're probably paying more than you would for a typical store-bought expansion pack).

I was prepared to overlook this however as I'd enjoyed playing the FC demo and wanted to support one of the very few developers of good flight sims. I was even prepared to overcome my reservations about the odious "Star Force" protection s/w despite having read some pretty horrendous stuff about it. (I'm sure I'm not the only one who regards the limit of 5 reinstalls or "system modifications" as pretty outrageous - in the last couple of years I've completely rebuilt my PC once, reformatted at least 3 times, replaced my main hard drive and upgraded several other components, presumably meaning that if I'd bought FC 2 years ago then I'd no longer be allowed to play the game by now).

And now I find out that the payment processing system doesn't even work - it's as if ED are deliberately trying to shoot themselves in the foot. They seem to have gone out of their way to deter potential customers. icon_rolleyes.gif

DickDastardly

I don't want that? I don't care, it isn't my company. What I don't like it people who blame the wrong people. I want my copy of the game, but I'm willing to wait until they sort out the problem. I think I can keep busy for a few more days without a problem, heh.

Trying to buy a 2nd copy for someone...can't. Same issue.

Hope this is fixed by the morning.

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

Guest Amount
Except that the problem is with paypal, not ED. Nice attempt to pass the blame though. We don't expect anything logical out of you anyways.

Stupid question: How do you know that it is a problem with Paypal, though the error comes from Paypal, it could still be ED having a problem with their account. Just a guess of course

Sigh...

The problem is on Paypal's server, it is on their end. Whether or not it is an account issue it is run by Paypal and any issues are issues Paypal has brought up. That's my point. Just drop it. We'll wait and see what the response is next working day.