How to change default cockpit zoom ?

BrzI

I hope I understand the question you are asking.

in Lomac/config/graphics.cfg file

change the aspect ratio in the items below from 1.3333 to 1.66667 as in code below. Your resolution mighb be different

DisplayMode
{
   resolution = {1920, 1200};
   bpp = 32;
   fullscreen = 1;
   aspect = [color="Red"]1.66666667;[/color]
   Interface
   {
       bpp = 32;
       fullscreen = 1;
       aspect =[color="Red"]1.66666667[/color];
   }
   Simulation
   {
       bpp = 32;
       fullscreen = 1;
       aspect = [color="red"]1.66666667[/color];
   }
   AVI
   {
       resolution = {1024, 768};
       fullscreen = 0;
       aspect = [color="red"]1.6666667;[/color]
   }

Fish

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

If I may join this discussion; I think I have the same problem, but I would like to be clear about the proposed solution.

Having returned to the sim after a couple of years, I installed FC112b and TIR3 w/Vector.

TIR has confiscated the zoom keys for hte z axis so I can't use them to adjust my positon in the cockpit. So the view starts out in the default position which is quite close to the windshield, making viewing the gauges a nausea inducing experience. In order to get a wider (further away) view I have to move my chair back and then can't reach the joystick, lol.

I assume this can be corrected by just adjusting the default view backwards; am I right? And this change of the 'aspect' will do this?

Further, I think I read somewhere (can't remember where) that using Notepad to make changes causes some serious problem with the game or the OS, especially in Win 7. Does anyone know anything about this?

Would appreciate your input, Thanks...........

Thermaltake View 71 Snow, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900K Coffee Lake,8core,16 Thread,3.6 GHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 GB, NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid, Win 10

With TrackIR when my FOV is zoomed in too far I usually just lean forward slightly, hit recenter, then sit back normally and it zooms it out a little bit...

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Hmmm. I had tried that earlier and it didn't work; unit just went crazy. But tried it again after your suggestion and it worked fine. Power of suggestion :)

Thanks Blaze.....

Thermaltake View 71 Snow, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900K Coffee Lake,8core,16 Thread,3.6 GHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 GB, NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid, Win 10

Don't use the move your head, hit center, then move back to your normal position technique.

It means that your head is outside the reduced sensitivity zone in track IR and your default view will jump around more.

Instead edit the settings in view.cfg --

CockpitViewAngleDefault = 60.0;

You can also edit the FOV values in

-- Camera view angle limits {view angle min, view angle max}.

CameraViewAngleLimits = {}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_33] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_25] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_39] = {15.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29K] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = {20.0, 120.0}

The normal view angle (zoom) lies between these two values. Altering 1 value will move the centre point unless another value overrides the centre point.

You also might wanna play with the numbers in server.lua to alter how far your in game head swivels i.e.

-- Camera angle limits {horizontal angle max, vertical angle min, vertical angle max}

CameraAngleLimits = {}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] = {160.0, -75.0, 90.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_33] = {160.0, -75.0, 90.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_25] = {160.0, -65.0, 90.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_39] = {160.0, -80.0, 90.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29] = {160.0, -75.0, 90.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29K] = {160.0, -65.0, 90.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {160.0, -65.0, 90.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = {160.0, -80.0, 90.0}

This will let you actually see out the back of your canopy. If you go online, the server settings will over-ride these though.

It also reveals a strange texture mismatch in the Su-27, but hey.

It means that your head is outside the reduced sensitivity zone in track IR and your default view will jump around more.

I tend to agree. However the config file you show is from Blackshark and I don't have any problem there.

My problem is with Flaming Cliffs v112. Do you have any advice about this?

I have no expertise in editing configs so I would need to be led by the hand. Appreciate your help.

My config file is not from Black Shark unless some kind person snuck into my house and installed it when I wasn't looking. Its possible. The only reason I am playing LO at all is because some kind souls donated me a kickass PC.

No, I don't have BS. I am carefully watering my money tree in the back yard, waiting for it to mature and bear fruit.

Cheers,

Jase.

Sorry Spidey,

I was referring to your post, but I thought you had referenced the 'view.cfg' file which didn't have the values you posted. However, the 'view.lua' file does:

-- Camera view angle limits {view angle min, view angle max}.

CameraViewAngleLimits = {}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_33] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_25] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_39] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29K] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = {20.0, 120.0}

So, as I understand it, I have to alter one or both of the numbers (20 & 120) for each aircraft I have a problem with to move my default view (head position?). Since these are min & max values can I assume my 'head' is halfway between? So what do I do to move it back, away from the instument panel?

Also in the lua file, although I don't know if it applies to this change, is the following advisory:

"Don't change existing values, they are requested from Ñ++!"

I have never used N++ (and I assume that refers to Notepad++); can i just change values as in Notepad?

Sorry for my naivete, and thanks.........

I changed the 120 to 220 and flatened one side of my zoom curve on trakir so I don't go any further back in the cockpit than the start default position, only leaning in works leaning back does nothing if you do that.

I've used notepad to cange snapviews.lua and graphics.cfg many times without i'll effect just remember to backup your config folder before tinkering.

20 = minimum Feild of Veiw = maximum magnification

120 = maximum FOV = maximum fisheye

This is where I get a bit fuzzy;

Your default or middle head position lies between these two numbers <pulls out stone tablet, hammer, chisel)

((120-20)/2)+20=70 degs middle point.

Assuming your default lies at the mid-point (in this case 70 degs) It can be over-ridden by the

CockpitViewAngleDefault = 60.0; line in the other file USE THIS METHOD TO SET YOUR MIDPOINT DEFAULT VIEW ANGLE

because then your midpoint view angle matches the middle of the deadzone in Free Track (shameless plug for excellent Open Source Project)

You should be able to move your head back to widen your view angle so you can pull out and have a quick scan to orient yourself if you need to. It helps to calibrate your head.

Ferinstance, you are concentrating hard on your radar when a bogey pops up at 9:00 wanting tea and scones. You look left to get a visual. By some miracle the bogey has brought tea cakes and you see her. If you can see the bogey and only a bit of your plane, or none of your plane, it is hard to get an impression of range. If you pull back so you can see a large chunk of your cockpit and some ground and then zoom back into the bogey I find I have a better feel for the range to bogey and my relative place in the 3D fish tank.

Well, I tried altering the 'camera view limits' in the lua file; got no change. I tried changing the 'cockpit view angle default' in the view.cfg file and also got no change. The default view opens right up near the HUD. I did this without having TIR on so it would not interfere. Don't know what else to try, but thanks guys for your input.

Hi Xylem,

I think you're editing the wrong files. If I've misunderstood, sorry, but you should be editing with values in the snapviews.lua file.

I've attached a screenshot of the section relevant to the Su-25T, and you can see in the top of the screenshot the filepath...so you know which file you should be tweaking...and you can see the green comments in the file as to what the original values are. Edit: I didn't update my comments in the file so don't worry about the actual values (in orange) being different from what I say are the values being tested (in green)...its only cos I am lazy ;)

What you need to do is adjust the "viewAngle" for how far "forward" or "back" in the pit you want your head to be when you first enter the pit...and the "vAngle" is how "high" or "low" your virtual head is in the pit.

So, for me and my preference, my virtual head is a little further back than originally, and its a little lower down than originally.

You just need to mess with these values until you get what you want. The other files you've been playing with dictate the Min and Max limits of zoom, but its values in this snapviews.lua file that specify the default values when you first jump in to pit or reset your zoom.

I hope I understood your problem, and this post helps, cos my fingers are really tired from all this typing ;)

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

regards

Brewber.

LOFC_Snapviews.thumb.jpg.e96d9375bfa406c12856cbce2a66ca08.jpg

Edited by brewber19
Edited to clarify I hadn't updated my "values to be tested" comments versus what I actually ended up settling on.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

I think you're editing the wrong files. If I've misunderstood, sorry.....

My dear Brewber,

You needn't be sorry - I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I see that you are editing LO, but my case is made more complicated (at least for my tired brain) by the fact that I'm trying to edit FC112. There exists, not one, but two snapview.lua files in my directory. One is called snapviewsdefault. I haven't figured out yet which one I need to alter; maybe both. Each has the same entry for what I think is the plane I want to change, the SU-27. (Am I correct that the head position has to be changed for every plane?):

Snap[1][5] = {}

Snap[1][5]["viewAngle"] = 87.468338012695

Snap[1][5]["vAngle"] = 14.54797744751

Snap[1][5]["hAngle"] = 129.01266479492

So, 1 would be the SU-27 and 5 is the center head position, correct? So I just change the values and see where my head ends up? Do you know what direction to go with these values? And, do you know what hAnble refers to?

Anyway, I'm very grateful that you came up with what promises to be a solution. And my apologies to your tired fingers :)

Too tired to do anything now, but will keep you posted on what happens... thanks again.

I see that you are editing LO, but my case is made more complicated (at least for my tired brain) by the fact that I'm trying to edit FC112. There exists, not one, but two snapview.lua files in my directory. One is called snapviewsdefault. I haven't figured out yet which one I need to alter; maybe both.

No you should only edit the values in the one called "snapviews.lua".

Each has the same entry for what I think is the plane I want to change, the SU-27. (Am I correct that the head position has to be changed for every plane?):

Yes you edit the views individually for each plane type. But again you should only edit the file called "snapviews.lua".

Snap[1][5] = {}

Snap[1][5]["viewAngle"] = 87.468338012695

Snap[1][5]["vAngle"] = 14.54797744751

Snap[1][5]["hAngle"] = 129.01266479492

So, 1 would be the SU-27 and 5 is the center head position, correct? So I just change the values and see where my head ends up? Do you know what direction to go with these values? And, do you know what hAnble refers to?

This is not the correct block of data - scroll down to the last block for the Su-27(index 1) that looks like this:

Snap[1][13] = {}

Snap[1][13]["viewAngle"] = 87.468338012695

Snap[1][13]["vAngle"] = -9.5

Snap[1][13]["hAngle"] = 0

Editing the "viewAngle" value changes the view forth and back(zoom level)

Editing the "vAngle"(vertical angle) value adjusts the view up and down - a negative value adjusts the view downwards.

The "hAngle"(horizontal angle) should be left at "0" - changing this value will offset the center viewpoint left or right.

• Like 1

JJ

Thanks Alfa for straightening me out; I had overlooked this note in 'snapviewsdefault': "Index 13 defines default cockpit view." I now understand the mechanics of changing these views.

However, I am also grateful to Shamandgg for his very succinct advice. I have D/L'd Slon's GUI Congiurator and have made the changes I need successfully. But, I would not have understood what I was doing if it were not for this discussion and all the help you guys gave me.

Thanks a million. This is a great community.....

-Tom

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello

I need a little help setting the default level for KA50 please.

I've been trying to change the default zoom level but i had no success.

Im using freetrack, and when i assign the Zoom View to my freetrack Z axis my view looks like the attached.

I tried changing the values in view.lua and snapview.lua, but nothing happens, everytime i get the same view.

Any help is appreciated. :thumbup:

101591574_simulator2011-04-2819-24-09-57.thumb.jpg.431ab11df3de8c0ec9f60b7dd1a8851c.jpg