FC2 A2A Changes

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to hold the trigger down for a short time in order for the weapon to launch, that's all there is to it.

If you want a technical explanation (N/A FC) it is because the missile receives energy from the radar on the rail which is uses to synchronize itself to that particular radar (this is why 'buddy illumination' is difficult).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I don't see why. In particular radar missile improvements benefit everyone.

..maybe to stay alive ??

I flew the SU but now thinking on changing to MIG because of R-77. (F-15 may be fun but I fly the F-16 in Falcon and I would like some change)

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

The Su-27 sports the fastest missiles in the game. While it doesn't completely take away an F-15's advantage, I don't see why you couldn't be successful in a flanker.

..maybe to stay alive ??

I flew the SU but now thinking on changing to MIG because of R-77. (F-15 may be fun but I fly the F-16 in Falcon and I would like some change)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

On the Russian side of the forums, there was a mention of a slight delay for weapon systems synchronization before the missile goes off the rail... Can you please go into some detail on this, in this thread?

Thanks.

I believe you have to hold the trigger for a second or two until release.

Nate

Edit :- too slow

I guess I'll have to fly it to see how it behaves. Longer grip is not bad, but I don't know how easy it will be to break the lock.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

To break who's lock?

You can notch any missile as long as you know how to do it, and it is fairly simple.

Really right now, flying the flanker will take more tactical skill than the other guy. If you don't care so much about tactics you can take a MiG and barrel head-first into combat.

I guess I'll have to fly it to see how it behaves. Longer grip is not bad, but I don't know how easy it will be to break the lock.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was talking about the R-27ER (Sometimes I think others have also telepatic powers) how easy it will be for the F-15 to break my lock and so to miss.

In 1.12 the ER is pretty easy to spoof.

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

Have you actually read the entire first post?

if you mean about the chaff resitance, yes, but how should I know to what degree?

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

Was I not descriptive enough?

Where a player could have easily decoyed all of your missiles, now he'll have to try really, really hard to decoy just half of them. For this reason, salvoes of 2 missiles are reccomended to increase Pk ... just like in RL.

if you mean about the chaff resitance, yes, but how should I know to what degree?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like a lot of people will switch to flying the F-15 now. Have seen an increase already in people doing that, that mainly flew 27's and 29's.

Many lonewolf pilots may switch, but they will have difficulties at first if they have been flying russian birds only. I doubt that serious squads will change the the plane types they fly just because of a slightly powerful Eagle :)

I'll have to try it and than I can settle: Anyway what I forgot to say: thx for the useful info GG!

Spoiler

I'm so happy! This sim is gonna rock the market! There's nothing that comes close then FC2 for modern air combat sim fans! :pilotfly: Bravo ED!

• Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

i understand that you always need to trim when you increase/decrease the speed, i hold my speed at 800kmh, i try to trim to the extend where i can have a better control, so it wont automaticly climb or decrease my altitude, but it never work, i dont really know how to get it work... but if i fly the F15 i dont have this problem

If you want to trim for a stable flight path I would suggest using path hold autopilot (ALT-1)

for a second and then disable it with (ALT-9) when it is stable. Then you have perfect trim.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Improving player fired missile realism was prioritized above ai missiles afaik.

Hmm.. .:D

The fuzes of the real 120 was increases simply to the number of the real missile (50ft).

R-27 missiles were set to represent their particular real fuze range

I don't think there was any real information on the R-77, at least not to my knowledge,

you'd need to ask the developers, but it was set to the same value as the 120.

I think I still have some old articles, which among other things, describe the R-77/RVV-AE warhead - I will try to dig them out and see if there is any mention fuze range. Anyway, in case of lack of info on the R-77 prox range, I don't have a problem with it being set to the same as the AIM-120....at least that would make sense(same sized warhead - same type) :) .

Indeed the R27 has a huge warhead, but, who is to say that means the fuze must be more efficient,..

No one....its just a fuze ;) . While there can be differences in efficiency, in most cases these have to do with the type of targets the missile as such is supposed to engage(e.g. whether to use laser or radio) and not with range.

If there is a question of efficiency it would have to do with the configuration of the warhead itself - IIRC the R-27 uses a different type than the AIM-120 and R-77(expanding rod) - even so it still sounds odd that the huge R-27 warhead would need a shorter range to target to be efficient than a warhead half the size.

..or the 120 doesn't have some other tricks up its sleeve? :)

I don't know what you mean by that Yoda - my doubt is not with the fuze range you mentioned for the AIM-120, but that it for some reason should be shorter for the R-27.

Then about the Jammers I think that would also be a question to the devs, at least I did not have

anything to do with it, although I think the choices made will greatly improve gameplay.

Ok thanks for the answers anyway :) .

JJ

Testers and Devs: *Fuze discussion over Aim-120 documents*

Yoda: Shouldnt the R27 have larger fuzes considering their warheads size?

Dev: No

Yoda: ?

Dev: *Document on R27*

Yoda: Ah, oops.. :P

-- sometimes it is easier to find an answer than one thinks.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

If you want to trim for a stable flight path I would suggest using path hold autopilot (ALT-1)

for a second and then disable it with (ALT-9) when it is stable. Then you have perfect trim.

Yes, map it to your HOTAS for sure. I use this all the time. Still, it would have been nice for a finer trim control in AFM planes but I guess this was too difficult a task for now. Come on DCS: FIGHTER :)

Yes, map it to your HOTAS for sure. I use this all the time. Still, it would have been nice for a finer trim control in AFM planes but I guess this was too difficult a task for now. Come on DCS: FIGHTER :)

You can always map trim to an axis, maybe a custom slider or rotator next to you for example.