DCS in FC2

I have a question, when the patch is out for DCS and if we fly in MP can we detect the KA50 in our radar ?

and can we heat seak the KA-50 using the R-73 or 27ET

Wait for the patch and see ;)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I have a question, when the patch is out for DCS and if we fly in MP can we detect the KA50 in our radar ?

and can we heat seak the KA-50 using the R-73 or 27ET

I did a fast mission yesterday against 4 OH-58's at Batumi while flying a Su 33. The OH's were flying level at around 200 feet, 158 kph I think. I had no problem locking them, but when firing, the missiles would 7 times out of 10 impact the ground behind them. You could follow them visually, and it seemed the missiles swirved away just before impact. It took 5 missiles to down 1 helo, then I tried guns, and that was a pain too.

Similar experiences here. Going against Hinds in my Flanker I missed a lot with missiles and eventually lost my temper on a gun run. The last Hind took me down, because I got too close.

Talking of missing alot. It's not only hard to hit choppers with missiles. One of them refused to crash when I hit him with R-73. This wont be as lopsided as people seem to think right now.

Well, it doesn't work like

if r73Hit=true
then
crashAndBurn=true

rather, it works like this:

if criticalDamageSustained=true
then
crashAndBurn=true

An R-73 may or may not be enough, depending on exactly how it hits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Similarly, my ineptitude at downing a UAV with the MiG-29 was almost comical. 1 R-27, 2 x R-73.

The R-27 registered a hit according to the AAR (I observed the explosion), as did the last R-73, but the small target seemed avoid the extent of the blasts.

I am fascinated by the survivability of the KA-50. In the hands of a good pilot, I suspect it may be quite difficult to kill.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]