FC 2.0 Multiplayer No Joy

I can not get Multiplayer to work at all on the client side, I have gone into options and set it to Internet ADSL, I hit the client button and it sits there and looks at me for awhile. It finally sends me into the client room, I set the connection to Internet from LAN and it sits there and looks at me again, all the buttons are dead, finally I can hit new search and nothing comes up on the screen, I have downloaded the game twice now, once conventionally and once by Torrent and it acts the same with either version. I'm not using a router, so that's not the problem, I have PC Cillin antivirus, I have gone into the firewall and opened up TCP/UDP in and out for port 10308, and it still acts the same. Does anyone know how to get this thing up and running. My squad mate has his working with no problems. Any assistance is appreciated.

[sIGPIC]VFA-151_zpsc7bcfa86.png[/sIGPIC]

hmm..well, you shouldn't have to open any ports for multplayer client (you will to run as a host though).

I "Think" the server browser uses port 80 (http) to pull info from the master server browser ... I'm not sure exactly what the master server address is, but if your computer is having troubles with resolving (dns probs), you could see what you are getting.

MY advice to you is to double check and update your DNS setting from your ISP (check your current DNS server settings agains what your ISP says you should be using), then, if all is well that end, simply try clearing your DNS resolver cache (ipconfig /flushdns) .

It could be that simple, as I remember having DNS issues at my ISP affect my ability to get results from Black Shark multiplayer, even though all other browsing was working fine.

Goiod luck!

Have you tried to manually enter a host IP + port yet ? Call one of your mates and ask him to host, then enter his IP.

However, it's strange that you don't see any hosts. If you can access the internet with no problems, then you should be able to see the list of hosts as well.

Port forwarding can't be a factor at that stage, only when you try to join a host, the appropriate port (usually 10308 ) must be forwarded through your router.

EDIT: Are you running the Multiplayer module under admin rights ? Have you checked that ?

Edited by golfsierra2

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

A friend of mine has the same problem. He sees very few servers when I see lots of them. BTW He uses Nod32 antivirus, dunno if that can cause any problem.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

That's even more strange. If it was a connection problem, he should be able to see either all servers or non, but not only a few ..

Yeah, it's really weird, but it happened.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

• ED Team
A friend of mine has the same problem. He sees very few servers when I see lots of them.

It means only few UDP packets get through for him. Since the thread author does not use a router, I suspect NAT on the provider's side.

Btw, HowlinWolf, what's your IP looks like? First two numbers would be enough. If it looks like 10.0.x.x or 192.168.x.x your are definetely in the provider's LAN and get into internets via NAT. Not that it suggests any solution at the moment, but will provide a food for thoughts.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Ok right now it is happening to me. I'm going from 20 to 13 to 0 servers, each time I press new search, a different list appears. Never happened to meand my router is properly setup.

Might be the central server lagging a bit?

EDIT: seems ok now, it happened for like 5 minutes.

Could it be a 'time out' problem ?

Last few lines in net/default.cfg:

server = {

name = "FC2",

max_players = 32,

integrity_check = { -- list of dirs/files, which should match the server ones

-- it is advised to use normal slashes - '/' as path separators

-- or, if you insist on using backward ones, use double backslashes '\\'

"Config/Weapons",

},

disable_events = false, -- disable game events callbacks on clients

client_inbound_limit = 0, -- limit clients' inbound rate (in bytes per second)

client_outbound_limit = 0, -- limit clients' outbound rate (in bytes per second)

-- below is the custom string the server send to clients on succefful connect

-- it is parsed in client.lua as a lua-expression (with setfenv, of course)

-- you can send anything you want in lua format, for example, external voip server address

-- for now, only MOTD is understood (printed to chat)

client_params = 'motd="Welcome to Flaming Cliffs 2 server!";',

pause_on_load = true, -- set server on pause after loading a mission

firewall = "upnp", -- use UPNP to autoconfigure the router if server is public

-- if upnp router is not found, the option is reset and

-- you should enable it manually when needed

-- upnp_discover_timeout = 1.0, -- time to search for UPNP router in seconds

}

Maybe you should play around with the time limit and set it to 5 seconds...

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

A friend of mine has the same problem. He sees very few servers when I see lots of them. BTW He uses Nod32 antivirus, dunno if that can cause any problem.

I've got NOD32 AV too and probably it isn't this problem... Nearly always while executing LO I'm turning it off. With or without - no difference. Still nothing.

Thankfully it's not problem with direct connection but for now I don't know how many DediServers are in 'lobby'.

Unfortunately I need to waint for better GPU if I wanna think about playing MP...:noexpression:

golfsierra2: If I turn on UPNP it can help? I turned it off on my home router but I don't know is that thing could affect client?

PS. Not at home - can't check...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]