Best Grapics settings

shea1980

Hi all i am new to dsc black shark and i was just wondering what are the best grapics settings i can have,or is there a guide which shows what settings are hard on a computer my specs are

windows 7

intel i7 920

gigabite udr3 mobo

nvidia gtx 280

3 gig of ram

500gig hdd

can i run the game on high or will i have to down the settings,sorry again guys im new to the game,thanks all in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The i7 is going to be a big deal with DCS, along with Win7. DCS is a very CPU-intensive program. 3GB is slightly light but shouldn't be a problem.

My AMD4400, 8800GT runs DCS rather well at 100% settings in light missions. Particle effects and many enemy units is where the hit is really felt. Basically, whatever computer you have... someone can make a mission that will bring it to its knees. However I would guess that would be good for all but the most bombastic of missions at rather high settings.

thanks guys,also one more question does dsc black use all 8 core,s that i have with my i7 920?

You (and I also) have only 4 cores, but 8 threads.

Since the patch 1.0.1 BlackShark should use all 4 cores but in my point of view it is not perfect.

Guys with only one core @ 3.6Ghz have more frames than I with i7 920.

Two weeks ago I overclocked my i7 920 from 2.67Ghz to 3.8Ghz. (No problem with i7 920)

It increased my minimum frames (100m over Krasnodar) from 8-12 to 15-19.

(I also tweaked the graphic.cfg for a better distance-view)

A fast CPU is much more important than a good graphic card. ;)

Edited by =STP= Dragon

DCS currently only uses about 1.3 cores due to modern graphics drivers being multithreaded. Depending on how (if?) the FC2.0 sound stuff is ported to DCS, this should increase slightly as the new sound is split into two additional threads. It still won't get anywhere close to getting the full performance out of your 4 cores, though.

Two weeks ago I overclocked my i7 920 from 2.67Ghz to 3.8Ghz. (No problem with i7 920)

It increased my minimum frames (100m over Krasnodar) from 8-12 to 15-19.

(I also tweaked the graphic.cfg for a better distance-view)

A fast CPU is much more important than a good graphic card. ;)

I have an I7 860 (2.8 Ghz) and overclocked it to 3.6 Ghz. The only graphics options I dumbed down are water=1 and shadows = planer. The lowest frames I've seen are 30ish. Yours seem pretty low (I'm sure I've flown over Krasnodar but will check). Wonder what the difference is. Win 7/Win XP/ram/GPU must be a factor.

Edited by Woots

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@ Woots: Like I sad, I tweaked the graphic.cfg for a far sight (thx Frazer). Objects like buildings will appear now at a distance of 10Km. This is eating my CPU. If I use the original graphic.cfg I have ~40 FPS in Krasnodar. ;)

It is a ballance between far sight with low FPS and low sight with high FPS.

I decided for me ~20 FPS are good playable and the range the buildings appear is the range my Vikhr's are able to fly.

So no invisible building can be between me and my victim. :D

Edited by =STP= Dragon

I've got an old e6850 dual core, 1 x 8800GTX and win 7 and I don't drop below 25 FPS with everything on max, 1920x1200. Why would my old (near 4 years) processor be working better then the new i7's?

You have a native 3.0 GHz, the i7's range from 2.4 to 3.something. Since DCS is really all about 1 thread (at the moment) your core is more powerful. (edit: more powerful than some i7's)

Edited by beers
clarificaiton

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also have a Core i7 920 CPU which is overclocked to 3800 Mhz right now

( standard core is 2666 Mhz ! ) with air Cooling.

Right now the PC is working very stable. My graphics card is an ATI HD5870 which is top notch card at this time with a single GPU.

My hope was to have fluid gameplay in FC2 at high resolution 1920 x 1080 combined with high quality Filter settings in the ATI Catalyst Control Centre ( 4 x Anti Aliasing and 8 x Anisotopic Filter ) to have a natural scenery without flickering textures.

My OS is Windows 7 -64 Bit and i have 6 GB of RAM.

Even when i zoom out maximum, i never get under 25 fps with original HIGH quality graphics settings in FC2 (every graphics feature on maximum).

Its fluid and without stutter in any situation, even a GAU8 strike at low altitude with the A-10 is possible now without stuttering.

I didnt manipulate any graphics files and i dont use any mods.

So i am sure that if graphic files are optimized a little bit, the minimum fps can be 30 or more.

As far as i know the resolution and Filters are calculated by the GPU, while every Object, visual effects and sound effects put stress on the CPU.

Hope this helps

best regards,

GSG_9_LIGHTNING

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]