Can u exeed it

Spider76

Yeah Jonk I was in fact. All your Base are belong to us LOL classic

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

People in glass houses.. Lol

uhm...

Parody is one thing, but damn.

I really hate to point out the obvious, but there's a big difference between poking someone's ribs and kicking them square between the legs.

i swear we get our skirts caught in our undies sometimes.

ok so back to the "friendly competition" which was the original idea

i climbed to 4700 metres last night and thought that was alright,

i guess those with higher figures must be increasing power or dumping weapons? because that's all she had captain :)

as for max speed i hate that alarm so i try to stay under it :D

Apologies if I came off aggressively short to you or anyone else in this topic.

It just kind of irked me about how this guy is trying to do something he considers fun & is referred to (as I read it) as a friendless idiot for doing it (the "challenge").

I just think it's cool that he's at least trying to do something openly with the BS community.

+1 from me for, if anything, the effort.

Well, I forgot what elevation it was, but I was trying to land on the top of Mount Elbrus one night. I believe it's well over 5000 meters. I had no problems getting up that high. Problem is, you can't hover at that altitude, there is no flat spot, and black shark requires that your helicopter be in a near perfect hover to land on terrain without tipping over.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Ok, so there we have a nice variation: Who can show a track/vid of a controlled landing on the summit of mount Elbrus? :) I'm at it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

I tried going for highest altitude just now. Starting from a ramp start, full realism, I made it to 6,517 meters before something happened and I started falling. Rotor collision I guess. I managed to take this screenshot before DCS crashed (the program, not the helicopter). I kept fuel at a minimum and tried to keep my airspeed as close to 130 as I could. Here I am flying just seconds before collision. I had a max IAS warning going on, and a rotor RPM warning (which I turned off). There was no wind on, I wonder why the groundspeed was 30kph greater than my airspeed.

PhoenixBvo, I accepted your challenge and had no problems.

27a6bf-4.jpg

Edited by Waldo_II
  • Like 1

There was no wind on, I wonder why the groundspeed was 30kph greater than my airspeed.

Due to low air pressure at altitude. It's the main reason why jetliners fly so high. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I wonder why the groundspeed was 30kph greater than my airspeed.

Post above is correct.

To get your true airspeed, a good rul of thumbe is to add 2% of your indicated airspeed for every 1,000 feet of altitude. The 2% is variable based on temperature, but it's pretty close.

So if your indicated aispeed is 130km/hr and you are at roughly 20,000 feet MSL, then you would add 52km/hr (20,000ft/1,000=20, 20*2%=40%, 40%*130km/hr=52km/hr). Making your true airspeed 182km/hr at 20,000ft with an indicated aispeed of 130km/hr.

In your screenshot, it would go like this:

Altitude is 6,500m, or 21,325ft. This makes your "2% per 1,000 feet come out to 42.65. 42.65% of your indicated airspeed of 132km/hr is 56km/hr (rounded). Adding 56 to 132 gives you a true airspeed of 188km/hr. Your ABRIS looks like it says 196km/hr, so perhaps the game is taking temperature into account and the 2% per 1,000ft is not accurate enough, but it's pretty close. The ground speed on your HUD is from the doppler, and if that thing is accurate at 21,000ft, then the Russians have created one hell of an awesome doppler. I would certainly say that your ABRIS ground speed is more accurate than your doppler ground speed at that altitude.

PhoenixBvo, I accepted your challenge and had no problems.

:thumbup: Cool! That looked like a walk in the park :music_whistling:. I have been too busy to try yet, but I'll try to copy that as soon as I can.

For those max altitude attempts, I noticed your tanks were almost empty. Makes sense to carry as little as possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

hi all bs pilots..

can you to better then i did ie in this is the challenge

gets all the glory the be the number 1 pilot..in bs community or so

and have the fame too..

break (my) numbers and safely to ground..ie:

highest allitude number counts

hightest speed number counts

(after highest alt, dive speed counts, not uncontrol bs doenst count)

= ur a winner + landing safely ..

(dont loose birds control in the dive = loose control doesnt cout)

anyone up for a challenge... ?

good if u can make a video to youtube

so we see is their anyones cheating or so ..

break my numbers ..;D

highest alt: 3478 meters

highest dive speed:331 km/h

have fun guys :)

beat your speed with a tail wind (and a hornet on my tail)

655 km/h

lets just say the hornet couldn't keep up :P

didn't lose control but couldn't start my engines back up due to bullet damage

lets just say the hornet couldn't keep up :P

:huh: Are you talking about the insect? Cause an F-18 would have no problems with that speed....

In which case I'm wondering how you could have survived such a chase.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO

:huh: Are you talking about the insect? Cause an F-18 would have no problems with that speed....

In which case I'm wondering how you could have survived such a chase.

nah the f-18

he was on full after burner following me into the dive but then when we started getting close to the deck i tried to start the engines but couldn't but he died first :P straight into the water