FC2 Activation and Activation and Activation and ...

mfrank14

I built a new PC. Everything is running great. Before installing FC2 on the new PC, I deactivated on the old PC. Then installed on the new PC, went through the activation and went to bed. Next morning, I started FC2 and got the activation dialog -- thought maybe it didn't work last night or something so I did it again. Flew a mission then went to do yard work. After a great day in the yard, I came in for a mission and I got the activation dialog again! WTF? I've only got 7 activation left now. What am I supposed to do after my 7th mission? Buy the game again?

Win 7 Pro 64-bit

i7-960

Edited by mfrank14
Additional info

VMware or Virtual PC or something on your PC?

Changin NIC's may eat a few points from your hardware sum - even virtual NIC's. Which again might cause new activations.

Or do you have some sort of security suite on your PC that prevents the values being written to registry?

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

VMware or Virtual PC or something on your PC?

Changin NIC's may eat a few points from your hardware sum - even virtual NIC's. Which again might cause new activations.

Or do you have some sort of security suite on your PC that prevents the values being written to registry?

No VMware or virtual box, ect. Using one motherboard (ASUS P6X58D) NIC - have not switched it.

I use ESET for AV, but don't think that prevents writes to the registry. Used it on previous PC with no trouble.

I do not have this problem with DCS:BS.

Just checked the registry, the key is there...

Edited by mfrank14

No it shouldn't eat away, but you never know, you might have found something that isn't working as designed.

Btw, you dont have to worry about new activations - you'll get a new set when you're out if everything is okai regarding who used all your keys (you) - just contact support via mail.

Regardless, I think you should contact them to get help to pinpoint the problem, check A dedicated mailbox for activation and payment problems down in the Payment and Activation subforum.

Note, I've heard rumours they are a bit overwhelmed with cases now these days, it may take a few days to get an answer.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Another caution mfrank - I note that you are on the comcast network. It is often very difficult for Support to get e-mails through the comcast network due to some very draconian filters. Please include your forum username if you have e-mail correspondence, for this reason, to ensure that support staff have the option of contacting you through PM here instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Regarding USB HDD's, you could see if this changes your hardware code through following these steps before, during, and after having the USB HDD connected:

Go to C:\Games\LoMAC\LOFC2\bin\x86\stable\ and double-click protect.exe.

act1.jpg

act2.jpg

act3.jpg

act4.jpg

This way you should get to see exactly which hardware code the system sees before and after using that drive. If this changes, something needs to be looked at.

Also, when you say you have 7 activations left I get slightly confused. You have 8 activations and 10 de-activations. Having 7 activations left would indicate that you have activated once. I have 7 activations left myself, and that's from my own first install.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Also, when you say you have 7 activations left I get slightly confused. You have 8 activations and 10 de-activations. Having 7 activations left would indicate that you have activated once. I have 7 activations left myself, and that's from my own first install.

Aha!! The Million-Dollar question :thumbup:

After that wee Rant by the OP I'm bursting to hear the answer before my Curiosometer blows..........:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Thanks EtherealN,

I went into my registry and saw the hardware profile and activation key there, so now I will be able to compare it with the steps you prescribed above.

BTW, with the USB HDD removed I was able to load and run FC2 without getting the Activation dialog. Will do some experimenting when I get home that includes watching the hardware profile with and without the USB HDD.

I may have skrewed up the sequence of events. Here they are in order:

Activate on old PC.

Deactivate on old PC.

Activate on new PC.

(thought I activated a second time, but that may have been Black Shark)

Got another activation dialog in FC2 -- no doubt about this.

CANCELED the dialog -- didn't want to burn Activations.

Tried again without USB HDD and did not get the Activation dialog.

http://proactive.star-force.com/2.0/activate.php

If you go there and enter your serial number and then click Serial Number Parameters you should be able to verify whether there has been any activations spent except for the one. Note that for this you should not press "get activation key", the serial number alone is enough to operate the parameters link.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I may have skrewed up the sequence of events. Here they are in order:

Activate on old PC.

Deactivate on old PC.

Activate on new PC.

This should cause your license to now be at 7 activations and 9 de-activations if it is functioning properly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Checked hardware profile before and after plugging USB HDD. No change. I don't know what changed to make it work, but I'll take it. Thanks for your help. It's good to know that I'll have additional activations if I run into this again.

Have you checked your activation count on the site I linked? Good to know if it actually ate any or if it just cautioned you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I purchased FC2 on the E-Shop yesterday and haven't received a Serial Number to activate it.

Will the S/N arrive in a separate e-mail?

If so, how long do I have to wait?

-rad

I have exactly the same problem. Does the automated issuing of serial numbers (can't believe it's done manually) take the weekend off????

This is annoying.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Guess so

For RAD2112 we are not alone mate. A whole bunch have posted here with the same problem.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.