Does anyone know what happen to Freelook?

http://www.freelook.org

This is a little program that allow you to use a regular webcam as trackir, though it only supports mouselook.

But it seems that there is no progress for a year, and the forum is pretty dead. Anyone knows?

I've been using it occasionally, though it's not that accurate in its current stage, it sure worth trying if you are not going to buy trackir, and have webcam lying around.

http://www.freelook.org

This is a little program that allow you to use a regular webcam as trackir, though it only supports mouselook.

But it seems that there is no progress for a year, and the forum is pretty dead. Anyone knows?

I've been using it occasionally, though it's not that accurate in its current stage, it sure worth trying if you are not going to buy trackir, and have webcam lying around.

Go ahead and bite the bullet, it's well worth the money if you're serious about flight sims. I use a trackir pro with vector, very satified with it, as a matter of fact it's hard to fly without it now.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Go ahead and bite the bullet, it's well worth the money if you're serious about flight sims. I use a trackir pro with vector, very satified with it, as a matter of fact it's hard to fly without it now.

This is the next item on my shopping list along with 1.1 of course....

My new system is really stabilizing and Lock On is just getting better and better since I've finally learned how to adjust the color correction on my 6600 256.......

I was going for a sound blaster next but I think the above are without a dought more important......

I think I'm ordering Track IR next week and 1.1 as soon as its available, maybe in a couple of days (ROFLM)...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Another happy user (with vector expansion)

After you get use to it (a matter of a little trial and error with the easy set up).... you`ll wonder how you ever got by without it.

Get one! :)