Will trackir be worth it just for DCS A-10C

I think it is absolutely worth it.

I notice your avatar shows someone in a small plane. This reminds me of my situation. I pay $143 USD per hour for lessons/fuel/plane rental. A lot of people think that is too much money, but to me, the enjoyment I get while flying far outweighs the cost.

If you enjoy flying your sims, you will not regret paying the $150 or so for the TIR5 and pro clip.

Something that has not been mentioned here is the awesome job ED has done on the virtual cockpits for the DCS series. To not use a trackir (or something just as good) would leave a lot of the immersion out of it.

The first time I leaned forward in my seat and looked up over the dash of my KA-50, and had that feeling that I was really in a cockpit, I knew I made the right choice for sure. Actually, I knew I made theright choice when I ordered my trackir: Everyone on the forums posted there results and spoke about how great it is, just like now.

There are plenty of things a person can do to raise $150 bucks and never notice a financial hit. Mow a couple extra yards. Don't eat out a few nights you normally would, etc etc. I don't know your particular situation but you catch my drift I hope ....

1. Do you think the DCS A-10C will make great use of trackir?

2. Also, when I buy track ir, do I need to wear a hat?

3. Can I hook it onto my headset without buying that stupid expensive attachment.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes, but it doesn't seem to work quite as well as the hat. I've tried it and went back to a hat.

wtf its $150! Thats insane! Just because natural point has monopoly on the head track market they think they can jack up the price 15 times what it should be. I bet the total cost for them to manufacture one unit is around $15...

Its a high tech pc of hardware that is equal to any HOTAS controller of the same price. Either buy it or use your hat switch, I'm never going back to HATS and I'll never regret my TIR4 purchase at full price.

EDIT: With all the complaining KingNeptune maybe you cant afford TIR4 or the TrackClip Pro attachment. These are mens toys for guys that have the money if you have the money don't bag on the pricing.

Edited by HitchHikingFlatlander

Trackclip pro onto the headset for the win

I couldn't play arma2 or fly falcon, fsx or any of the lomac/dcs things without it

I'd probably walk around all day with it actually, if i could make it fashionable

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Paid full price for TIR4 back in 2007 and will do so again if/when mine dies. It increases immersion a ton, and it's so natural, you forget it's there. Which is why, after using it for a few weeks, you'll start turning your head during movies to change the POV.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes Trackir is just as effective with one screen. It's really awesome, totally changes playing games. For all you on the fence, I'd let you come over and try it out anytime because I know it would convince you to get it.

If money is the issue you might check out used Trackir 4's. They're going easy for 50 bucks these days on ebay and stuff. I upgraded to Trackir5 the day it was released and the difference is hardly noticeable, trackir4 runs with trackir5 software and will work just fine for cheap!

I would even say that it is more effective with 1 screen

Agreed! +1

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Yep... Aussies get fleeced for just about everything.

Double on heaps of stuff. A CH MFP is over 500 bucks here!!

Yes Trackir is just as effective with one screen. It's really awesome, totally changes playing games. For all you on the fence, I'd let you come over and try it out anytime because I know it would convince you to get it.

So where do you live Python? I'm seriously considering ordering this come payday!