F15c is not the TANK  

62 members have voted

1. 1. F15c is not the TANK

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently in my copy of FC2, in the F15 DACT missions....the Su-27 is "the tank". He dodges 2 AIM120Cs, 2 AIM120Bs, 2 AIM7s, and if I'm lucky to get close enough, he'll dodge my AIM9s too.

Yet, with ECM on, violent maneuvering, popping chaff and flares, I still get hit by his BVR missiles.

I would say even though the stats do not definitively state the distance of engagement or the proximity of the missile, most situations would be accounted for. Unless we are saying we think everyone with a ER is firing at 8km and everyone firing a 120c is engaging from 15+km. Then the stats would be skewed in favor of the AIM. Also do not know if the engagement was with an AI plane or a human plane which would presumably make a difference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Yeah, turn it off. Forget it exists. ;)

I turned the ECM on only after a missile was launched at me, as suggested by the FC2 flight manual ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Too many fools fly with ECM active all the time on the servers rendering IFF useless...*sigh*...amateurs!

Aren't friendly contacts with ECM show up as circles, while enemies show up as rectangles? (I'm pretty sure I have my radar set to "realistic".....)

That is no longer true. Cannot IFF the jammers.

Aren't friendly contacts with ECM show up as circles, while enemies show up as rectangles? (I'm pretty sure I have my radar set to "realistic".....)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Any idea why it was removed? or a bug?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Patch 1.12b? I thought I had that one....

Upper inlet animation on MP MiG-29 during engine startup sequence is fixed.

Oh...they'll fix the hardly-noticeable inlet animation on a MiG-29, but they won't fix the annoyingly blatant, non-functioning F15 inlet that should move on startup and in-flight.

FC2, actually.

Man I'm so confused.....I know I patched FC2, but I don't recall to what version.

I wish games would be released after they've been completed so the users wouldn't have to bother with patches and bugs....

I wish software was perfect, but then we'd be living in a perfect world. The best work possible was done; just check your FC2 patch level. I believe the icon is named 2.0.1 ... but if you're able to IFF through ECM strobes, you don't have the newest patch :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, it has always been an issue in one way or another. In the end there was really no point in spending time to get them to schedule like the real bird. Yes, it would have been nice, but personally I thought other features were more worthwhile. Every little thing is always a matter of time and effort - if one thing is chosen, another one will not be. You just have to prioritize.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]