transparant buildings

Nickentik

Hello,

I'm suffereing from horrible transparancy when looking at buildings through the Shkval. Everything beyond 5 km is a horrible transparant mess.

Is there any fix for this ? I'v tried changing the fogparam values in both the graphics and graphics_bs files but they do not change anything. This is for singleplayer missions btw.

I hope the problem is related and I'm not hijacking your topic. Please specify if you use stock settings for graphics_bs.cfg file.

My problem - transparent buildings and ground units which makes it hard to find anything for me. Not to mention it's practically impossible to distinguish wrecks from active targets. Also when I'm looking at an area with Y-shaped river, road and power lines from 8 kilometers, I see squat!

fogparameters: 6 and 0

transp_fogpar6and0.jpg

fogparameters: 10 and 1.1 (default)

transp_fogpar10and1dot1.jpg

Doesn't help.

Edit:

Related topics

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53307

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=26489

No solution.

Edited by Bucic

you can clearly see the transparant building in you first picture at the top. I guess Vehicles that are labeled as structures (like the ones on the shooting range mission) suffer from the same effect.

The following treat actually offers a solution regarding the fogparam values but it doesn't seem to work at all :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=57900

Yes fogparam is not working anymore since v1.0.2.... sadly...

I also didn't found a solution. Maybe ED developer can help?

• 3 weeks later...
So the main characters are now transparent, what's the big deal? :music_whistling:

the problem is that, some parts of the aircraft have different transparency than other parts. such as the canopy of Su-25T. viewing from far away , you can see the canopy through the fuselage.

the problem is that, some parts of the aircraft have different transparency than other parts. such as the canopy of Su-25T. viewing from far away , you can see the canopy through the fuselage.

It was a sarcasm. It is a big deal. There should be no transparency anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Set default graphic card settings to "Optimal quality" and check if it disapears.

If what disappears?

Edit:

If the problem then please post a screenshot. That would be some revelation.

Edited by Bucic

If what disappears?

I think the problem...:music_whistling:

BTW I have all the grapich details on hight, the resolution of the Shkval at 1024, i have a nvidia GTX 285 and i have put the setting of the video card in hight quality, the cockpit resolution is better but the problems on the Shkval remains!

I think the problem...:music_whistling:

BTW I have all the grapich details on hight, the resolution of the Shkval at 1024, i have a nvidia GTX 285 and i have put the setting of the video card in hight quality, the cockpit resolution is better but the problems on the Shkval remains!

Please post a screenshot - so we can see if your problem is worse, or just what we expect to find as "per design".

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• 3 weeks later...