Hit by a Radar-guided-missile

Rocko

Hi,

I have a problem.

What can I do. to not getting hit by a radar-guided-missile (IR too)? How can I training this?

I had read something about: missile 9 or 3 o´clock and then turn into the missile. But this not work for me. Countermeasure is on, and I dropping chaffs and flares like crazy. Missile is still hit me.

Pay attention to your RWR and do not get so close......Cannot hit you if you're not in range.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Sad but true. Those things are designed to hit and kill. Best way not to get hit is not to get detected at all. That keeps you alive ;)

If you are fired upon, fire a missile in return, to force the enemy engage defensive maneuvers too.

Put the missile on your 9 or 3, and start climbing and falling. If you are lucky, he fired the missile just when you came in range. If the missile has to do some maneuvers, it will cost her energy, and range.

Well, if you are lucky.

IR missiles..hhmm... just don't get into their range...

If you can see an enemy aircraft, something went awfully wrong. Dogfights just won't happen ;)

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Make sure you set your defensive system to automatic on the CMSP. It'll do a better job of defending against a missile than you can do manually and you'll be free to worry about keeping eyes on the missile and carry out evasive manuveurs as needed.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

And don't turn into the missile. WTF? Talk about suicide maneuver. It may have worked against crappy old missiles that couldn't turn with you, but modern missiles don't have that problem.

Fight missiles with aspect, meaning, on the beam with orthogonal rolls, or out-run them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda