Bomb assisted take-off!

novonic

First of all, Hello everyone!

I have to say I'm very excited about this simulation, essentially I have been waiting for this since A-10 Cuba! I flew 'cuba' to death, completing the missions (over and over), playing multi-player (on the moon!) and creating my own challenges.

Now before you all flame me for not taking this seriously I will be flying in the normal manner and completing missions as you would expect of any sane virtual pilot. This is just a little indulgence into madness...

(Please note I have not yet tried this in DCS: A-10C, but have done so in A-10 Cuba!)

So here goes challenge No1, 'Bomb assisted take off'

Load up with 2 off MK-82s, get yourself on the runway, and make sure the bombs are ready to go (not sure what safetys you are gonna have to contend with here, but in 'A-10 Cuba! off the deck was enough). Now execute a normal take off, once you are at a few hundred feet drop both mk-82s (a symmetrical blast is essential) and ride that shockwave!

So by now hopefully, and this is part of the challenge, you are still flying, albeit with an alarming amount of damage, now all you have to do is complete a circuit and land that poor warthog, oh yeah perhaps I forgot to mention, don't drop the bombs too early on the runway, as you have to avoid the crater you just made in it!

I guess the 'realism' of this sim may prevent you from doing something that idiotic, but I'll give it a try this week and let you know.

The Other challenge, this is harder, perhaps even impossible in DCS A-10 due to the lack of a suitable mesa.

Challenge No2 'Mesa Stall Stop'

Find a suitable mesa, no larger than 250m across at the top. Fly towards said mesa from well below the top, you have to pull up before hitting the mesa and try to time you speed bleed off, with your altitude gain, and with the help of a little bunt at the peak, stall / land / crash on the top of the mesa. Anything you can walk away from is good, I don't think i ever managed it in Cuba with no damage...

mate, after you tried DCS's A10C you will find out that there are a lot of more (serious) challenges than those silly experiments!

I guess you will be overwhelmed by the realism and the things you have to do if A10 Cuba was your last flight sim.

My last one was the Shark and I'm overextended anyhow... :thumbup:

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Bomb assisted,lol means you will fly altho you or your bird will be in no shape to do anything,lol

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

Don't forget to upload it on youtube ;)

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p