HOTAS Warthog, DCSA10 & Teamspeak 3 Push to Talk

Hello,

I managed, thanks to Runibl from SimHQ forums, to assign my Warthog Joystick Trigger to Teamspeak 3 Push to talk and still have DCS:A10-C recognize the HOTAS Warthog. I thought that would interest people around here.

So here is what you have to do :

1. Set the throttle as listed below :

• Throttles (Left and Right): 0% (Not Idle as engine off, just 0%)

• Flap Switch: Center (MNV)
  • Master Light Switch: Center
  • EAC: Down (OFF)
  • RDR ALT: Down (OFF)
  • Autopilot select switch: Center (ALT/HDG)
  • APU: Down (OFF)
  • ENG OPER (Left and Right): Center (NORM)
  • FUEL Switches (Left and Right): Down (OVERRIDE)
  • Speedbrake switch: Center
  • Boat Switch: Center

2. Launch Teamspeak 3 and assign the button you want.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

131st VFS 'Death Vipers' - Sitar

Kes, I find the two stage trigger indispensable as the first trigger detent enables the stabilization, and the second detent at full trigger pull fires the gun. Why not map the TS PTT to the Mic Switch UP?

I've tried to find a nice PTT, I like throttle button 2, push down mic switch, the best of the unused buttons. In fact it works so well I am starting to think it was designed to be PTT. Like the slider on the throttle is almost like it is designed to control zoom.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Kes, I find the two stage trigger indispensable as the first trigger detent enables the stabilization, and the second detent at full trigger pull fires the gun. Why not map the TS PTT to the Mic Switch UP?

My bad, I meant the S4 button, the one you can activate with your little finger which looks like a trigger :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

131st VFS 'Death Vipers' - Sitar

allright, maybe i'm just being a mouth breather, but how do you guys plan on mapping any WH keys to Teamspeak, VAC etc, if your not using Target to assign a keypress to Mic Switch UP or IN!

You can push the CMS button too ;)

Oh yes, good idea !

I have set the PTT on the Red Button of the Left Throttle...:lol:

«« Fighter Combat Simulations »» |« 81° VFS Panthers - Spangdhalem USAFE » | DCS A-10C & Ka-50 Community | IL2 Cliffs Of Dover Spitfire No. 603 Squadron RAF |

Facebook | Twitter

Recruit Now !!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Grappolo!, e il prestito e' garantito !

Case: CoolerMaster HAF | MoBo: EVGA X58 SLI3 | CPU: Intel i7 980X | VGA: 2x 460 SE GTX SLI | RAM: 12G Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 PC3-15000 DHX Pro / Airflow II | HDD: OCZ Agility II 480GB | HOTAS WARTHOG | TrackIR 4 Pro | Saitek Pro Pedals

allright, maybe i'm just being a mouth breather, but how do you guys plan on mapping any WH keys to Teamspeak, VAC etc, if your not using Target to assign a keypress to Mic Switch UP or IN!

As long as your Throttle is set to the configuration in the first post, the buttons on it can be mapped by outside programs. The key is you can't map outside if any switched are in the "active" state.

All I did was set it up as above, then Options -> Capture -> PTT button in TS3, clicked Mic Switch Up and it mapped it no problem. It mapped as JOY BTN8 or something similar.

As long as your Throttle is set to the configuration in the first post, the buttons on it can be mapped by outside programs. The key is you can't map outside if any switched are in the "active" state.

All I did was set it up as above, then Options -> Capture -> PTT button in TS3, clicked Mic Switch Up and it mapped it no problem. It mapped as JOY BTN8 or something similar.

Life is a box of chocolates! Thanks brother!

What Kylinia said was the whole point of my post ;) I guess I have to work on my english :D

Please dont think your English is at fault, it is not. Today is just not my day, your explanation was fine. Thanks for posting it, it solved a big problem for me.

Glad to see my checklist was helpful :)

i have myself assigned TS3 PTT on "Mic switch up(MSU)", and TrackIR on the" paddle switch (S4)".

Still available and unused is "Mic switch in (MSP)", "Slew switch in (SC)" and the throttle rotary.

CMS push down is already assigned for the jammer, and the red throttle button is already autopilot.

• Like 1

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

The important thing to keep in mind here is that Teamspeak 3 allows the assignment of a DirectX controller button for PTT function. Teamspeak 2 does not; it will only accept a keyboard keystroke.

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member

• 2 weeks later...

This also works with TrackIR. Just set the button in TrackIR software :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

• 2 years later...

:helpsmilie: PTT isn't working on my setup. It's almost like the #2 button is pulsing so fast that the TS program won't pick it up. If I use my keyboard it's fine but that defeats the purpose of a WH. Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Sabertooth Z97, 4790K @ 4.4Ghz, Corsair H110 CPU Cooler, EVGA 750XR power supply, 2XEVGA 780GTX 6GB, 16GB GSkill DDR3, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD(OS), WD 1 TB SATA (Storage), WD 3 TB SATA (Storage),Win 10 x64, ASUS 27" LED, Planar 24" Touch Screen (Helios Glass Cockpit), TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Track IR 5

:helpsmilie: PTT isn't working on my setup. It's almost like the #2 button is pulsing so fast that the TS program won't pick it up. If I use my keyboard it's fine but that defeats the purpose of a WH. Any ideas?

I'm having the very same problem.

Too fast or too slow repeat on the WH buttons when pressed (I wasn't sure which - I thought too slow actually looking at the light on the "begin test" button in the TS3 setup wizard)). I have tried setting several different WH buttons - all with the same result. when set to a keyboard key , TS3 works fine. I'm not using TARGET at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the very same problem.

Too fast or too slow repeat on the WH buttons when pressed (I wasn't sure which - I thought too slow actually looking at the light on the "begin test" button in the TS3 setup wizard)). I have tried setting several different WH buttons - all with the same result. when set to a keyboard key , TS3 works fine. I'm not using TARGET at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had this very same issue yesterday and ended up fixing it. You need to go into the TS3 options under the settings tab. Then go into the "Hotkeys" category and from the drop down in the bottom right corner select "direct input".

This should fix your problem.

• Like 1

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I had this very same issue yesterday and ended up fixing it. You need to go into the TS3 options under the settings tab. Then go into the "Hotkeys" category and from the drop down in the bottom right corner select "direct input".

This should fix your problem.

Problem fixed!!! Works perfectly now.

Boris - you're the man!!

Thank you very much for your very prompt help. :thumbup:

Problem fixed!!! Works perfectly now.

Boris - you're the man!!

Thank you very much for your very prompt help. :thumbup:

No worries mate! :)

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Ive tried this guid, but it wont work at all for me.

I want the MIC UP as my TS3 PTT so i can use it ingame as well, but it wont register.

Anything else i need to do ?

EDIT:

LOL, i forgot to restart my TS3 and now its working.

Great guide!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vincere Est Totum