Flight Qualifications Campaign

Tested the new version of mission 8 (emergencies).

Got all the messages until "Land this bird". Landed it safe on Kobuleti, but nothing happens. Then taxied of the runway and shutdowned the bird, still nothing. Will try again...

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tested the new version of mission 8 (emergencies).

Got all the messages until "Land this bird". Landed it safe on Kobuleti, but nothing happens. Then taxied of the runway and shutdowned the bird, still nothing. Will try again...

Try stopping on the runway instead of taxing to park. I checked the landing zone trigger and it appears the zone may miss a couple of parking spots if you turn right. If you stop on the runway or turn left and park you should be ok.

I'll adjust the zone in the next update.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Try stopping on the runway instead of taxing to park. I checked the landing zone trigger and it appears the zone may miss a couple of parking spots if you turn right. If you stop on the runway or turn left and park you should be ok.

Have you seen my 2 previous posts ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok tried again last mission of Basic FT

The leader/FE is so slow I stalled and crashed...

There is definitely a bug there...

edit : I passed. But without formation flying... The FE does not want to be on time...

74014212_CopyofA-10CBAQBadge.jpg.8b07ace055437e89c171133381d33550.jpg

Edited by bzhnono

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did stop on the runway, standing on the brakes. Will try again as soon as possible.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

Ok tried again last mission of Basic FT

The leader/FE is so slow I stalled and crashed...

There is definitely a bug there...

edit : I passed. But without formation flying... The FE does not want to be on time...

So you got a Q- just ignoring lead? Seems a sensible thing to do, the AI is just too quirky.

Are you using the latest version of the package? V1.5?

The latest version has a fix to an altitude trigger that was changed in one of the game engine updates.

Have you checked again the BFT12 mission ?

You don't HAVE to answer my questions, but it should be great not beeing totally ignored as I'm trying to provide feedback on your latest released :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you using the latest version of the package? V1.5?

The latest version has a fix to an altitude trigger that was changed in one of the game engine updates.

Yes using the latest package.

Checking the triggers, I see the "unit's altitude lower than" condition is set to 13 for both failed and good landing. But Kobuleti is at 59 and the divert airfield at 33. So I changed them in both trigger to 65. Gonna try it right now.

Have you checked again the BFT12 mission ?

You don't HAVE to answer my questions, but it should be great not beeing totally ignored as I'm trying to provide feedback on your latest released :(

I'm not ignoring you, just haven't had time to re-test the mission to respond properly to your concern.

The last time I flew it, it was fine, the AI does do some unexpected things but just like in RL you need to be prepared for that.

Did you leave at the stated briefing time? I think if you leave early that messes up the timing triggers on the waypoints.

I just completed BFT12 in the Su-27 and it was ok (even with some unexpected AI maneuvers).

You need to remember to stay within the stated altitudes (even if the FE flies higher), just keep an eye on him as he will come back down.

I'll post some video once I retest the mission.

Also did you compare your flight to Recon Stewart's video?

Here is Recon's Video:

I've made a copy of the mission and changed the name of that copy to match the old names.

Seems to work.

BTW : the installer only install in EN folder, I play in French so I need to copy files to the FR folder.

Is there a way for you to update the installer to :

- let us select the language

- install the campain in all language

?

Thanks

Bruno

This is the first time this has been suggested. We won't able to redo all the voice overs in French so if you can live with the English recordings we will consider updating the installer to install on the FR path.

I'm not ignoring you, just haven't had time to re-test the mission to respond properly to your concern.

The last time I flew it, it was fine, the AI does do some unexpected things but just like in RL you need to be prepared for that.

Did you leave at the stated briefing time? I think if you leave early that messes up the timing triggers on the waypoints.

I just completed BFT12 in the Su-27 and it was ok (even with some unexpected AI maneuvers).

You need to remember to stay within the stated altitudes (even if the FE flies higher), just keep an eye on him as he will come back down.

I'll post some video once I retest the mission.

Also did you compare your flight to Recon Stewart's video?

Here is Recon's Video:

Hi !

Thanks for your time.

I think I got the timing right for departure as I was on time for the first timed waypoint (5 at 6:40:00). It's a bit tricky but possible (still need to TakeOff at around 6:32:00 to get that right).

After that waypoint, the AI goes full throttle over the next waypoint (pretty hard to chase if you are just 1sec late to go full throttle) and then just before waypoint 10 it goes full airbrake (but my "R" speed indicate 260 so still need to speed up) and pass it late...

I checked Recon's video since the beginning to have a full briefing and it's wonderfull but his FE does not have the same behavior as mine !

BTW : why are timing for waypoint all messed up in the CDU ? is it on purpose ? I do not see the interest in this mission which is already "hard" to achieve without messing with the CDU (that everyone masters at this point ;-) - I mean at least for waypoint, TOT etc..)

Maybe I could fly it again and record a track file if you want (it'll take some time but if it can help other after me, no problem).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is the first time this has been suggested. We won't able to redo all the voice overs in French so if you can live with the English recordings we will consider updating the installer to install on the FR path.

Yes, I was not asking for french text and voice, just a mean to select the install path (with a disclaimer saying that briefing, texts and voices will stay in english)

That's not a big deal ;)

Perhaps we could involve translator team for localisations of these great missions :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is nothing we can do about the AI - that's controlled by the game engine.
Precisely my point: any chance you could either get rid of it and maybe choose a different low level route to increase difficulty, or drop the tight formation requirement and use an half a mile displacement?

- I just had my lead crash because he dropped below 110 knots.

- The run before I got a "you're out of formation" message because he flew above the ceiling and I stayed below it.

- The run before that one he just went 100% throttle for two thirds of the thing, making it impossible to rejoin.

- He turns with full power when I'm on the external side of the turn, there is no way I can physically keep formation if I can't apply more power than him.

My lead has a more erratic flying than what is shown in the video.

Regarding the CDU, that's an ongoing problem: TOTs are calculated from the moment the CDU is switched on and not from mission start. This means if you switch the CDU on 3 minutes after mission start, all CDU times will be displaced by 3 minutes.

Edited by Gliptal

Precisely my point: any chance you could either get rid of it and maybe choose a different low level route to increase difficulty, or drop the tight formation requirement and use an half a mile displacement?

- I just had my lead crash because he dropped below 110 knots.

- The run before I got a "you're out of formation" message because he flew above the ceiling and I stayed below it.

- The run before that one he just went 100% throttle for two thirds of the thing, making it impossible to rejoin.

- He turns with full power when I'm on the external side of the turn, there is no way I can physically keep formation if I can't apply more power than him.

My lead has a more erratic flying than what is shown in the video.

Regarding the CDU, that's an ongoing problem: TOTs are calculated from the moment the CDU is switched on and not from mission start. This means if you switch the CDU on 3 minutes after mission start, all CDU times will be displaced by 3 minutes.

I got exactly the same behaviour !

Regarding the CDU : I did not know that, that explain lots of thing but still I don't understantd why it has this behaviour ??? TOT are not included in the DTC ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do with the AI and it tends to change behavior with every game update.

It is a challenging mission and it's meant to be but it's not impossible to complete even with the erratic AI behavior you are seeing currently. The mission is passable with practice as you will learn to anticipate lead's movements.

ED continues to adjust the AI behavior so hopefully at some point it will improve to a level that is acceptable for everyone.

If the AI gets to a point where nobody (including me) can pass the mission then we will consider redesigning it.

I'm the litmus test for all missions and we don't release them unless I can pass them. Sometimes this delays releases for months (like the Su-27 Campaign) as I have to prove the mission successful before we release it.

Keep practicing and I know it's frustrating dealing with wonky AI but it is what it is at present.

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the updated campaigns. Are there updates to the practice missions as well? I don't see them on the DCS site. And the ones on Maple Flags appear to be the old ones?

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

No we haven't updated the practice missions yet. Maybe this weekend. :thumbup:

We have had a pile of packages to update since 1.5 came out. :helpsmilie:

Every major update seems to cause some issues with some of the missions. Hopefully we are getting to a point where further changes to the mission files and structure are reducing.

I know most of the mission designers are trying to understand the problems and get their missions working again for the new version.

Rinse and repeat and then we get to do this all over again with the next major update. :(

Well I love your missions Terry...keep up the amazing work. Big thank you from all of us.

I have all the modules but am still only marginally proficient at the A-10c. Look forward to trying your missions for the other birds.

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules