Flight Qualifications Campaign

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this be updated when Nevada comes out to use new training locations?

Yes we do plan to migrate our qualification campaigns to the NTTR for the aircraft that make sense (ie A-10A, A-10C, F-14A, F-15C, F-15E, F-18C, A-7E, UH-1H).

Likely the Russian aircraft will stay in the Caucasus (Su-27, Su-33, Su-25, Su-25T, MiG-29G, MiG-21, Ka-50, Mi-8M).

Other types are TBD.

We will need time to migrate all the missions and also will need NTTR to stabilize (move from Alpha to Beta) depending on how the missions play once the migrations are done.

It's not an easy job but we have some ideas on how to make the migration quicker and easier than redesigning from scratch.

Lots of good stuff on the horizon with NTTR released now.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Yes we do plan to migrate our qualification campaigns to the NTTR for the aircraft that make sense (ie A-10A, A-10C, F-14A, F-15C, F-15E, F-18C, A-7E, UH-1H).

From the standpoint of the customer (A10C BFTQ, AATQ, TTQ)

No argument that NTTR is more natural setting for US aircrafts.

On the other hand, raising requirements towards NTTR(50$) to run already sold campaigns and dropping Caucasus theater support is a bit discouraging.

If background color matters, then it does. Anyway it's up to author to consider

From the standpoint of the customer (A10C BFTQ, AATQ, TTQ)

No argument that NTTR is more natural setting for US aircrafts.

On the other hand, raising requirements towards NTTR(50$) to run already sold campaigns and dropping Caucasus theater support is a bit discouraging.

If background color matters, then it does. Anyway it's up to author to consider

Agreed. I think porting the US aircraft to NTTR makes sense and puts them in a realistic setting.

ED still plans to support the Caucasus map in DCS World 2.0 so this will give players a choice between taking their qualifications at NTTR or in an active theater like the Caucasus.

The Openbeta package has been updated to add some more content and fix an annoying bug in BFT04.

Some users had indicated that BFT04 would not transition to the next mission even if they got a Q or Q- rating.

We couldn't reproduce the issue on our system but we did find an extra flag that we suspect caused the problem so we removed it.

Your mission key and password can be used to install this updated package and your campaign progress will not be impacted as it is recorded in your logbook.

1.5 OpenBeta Package.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting the last campaign for A10C : mission 1 with JTAC and FAC, no indication on the frequencies in the briefing...

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Starting the last campaign for A10C : mission 1 with JTAC and FAC, no indication on the frequencies in the briefing...
You have to read the PDF for TAC11 you find in the documentation package, the ingame briefing isn't complete. At any rate, tactical is 124.00MHz, JTAC and FACs you need for that mission are on tactical, 30.00MHz and 31.00MHz.

You have to read the PDF for TAC11 you find in the documentation package, the ingame briefing isn't complete. At any rate, tactical is 124.00MHz, JTAC and FACs you need for that mission are on tactical, 30.00MHz and 31.00MHz.

Mmmmm don't have those files...

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

In BFT08 I do all correctly but when landing the emergency brake does not seem to work so I always end up in the grass, not possible to move so failing to pass successfully the mission.

Any tip or idea why is it not working?

Thanks.

I think I read somewhere that the emergency brake actually has limited "charges", so make sure you're not tapping it.

I just retested that mission yesterday and the emergency brake appeared to work for me. I believe Gliptal is correct that you only have so many charges before it's done. In my test I pulled it out and left it out as I notice the aircraft immediately start to slow down.

We did adjust the landing triggers so now even if you don't stop on the runway as long as you don't get killed in the landing you will pass the mission (Qual Minus rating). Obviously if you crash then that is considered a failure (Unqual).

You do need to land with a low airspeed so you don't overshoot the runway if you want to get the Qual rating.

The latest package has been updated with these changes so you can try them out after installing the updated package. We will be posting a notice shortly about the updates as we propagated the change to all our BFT campaigns.

I just retested that mission yesterday and the emergency brake appeared to work for me. I believe Gliptal is correct that you only have so many charges before it's done. In my test I pulled it out and left it out as I notice the aircraft immediately start to slow down.

We did adjust the landing triggers so now even if you don't stop on the runway as long as you don't get killed in the landing you will pass the mission (Qual Minus rating). Obviously if you crash then that is considered a failure (Unqual).

You do need to land with a low airspeed so you don't overshoot the runway if you want to get the Qual rating.

The latest package has been updated with these changes so you can try them out after installing the updated package. We will be posting a notice shortly about the updates as we propagated the change to all our BFT campaigns.

I land at 120 mph in the runway threshold, but with the brake not working there is no way to stop it.

Anyway, I will update the package and try again.

EDIT: what is necessary to finish the mission, just shut down the A-10C?

Edited by carlos.gh

Just in case this is a bug: I have updated the BFT campaign and it has sent me back to previous mission (from BFT08 to BFT07).

That's likely because the newer version has a new first mission (Arrival).

You can manually set the campaign stage in your logbook file. If you don't have it, download and install Notepad++. This editor allows for proper editing of lua files. Make a backup copy before you do any manual editing just in case.

To change the campaign stage look for a file called: <Drive>:\Users\<your userid>\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

You can change the stage here:

["games"] =

{

[1] =

{

["created"] = "05/06/2013 4:28:32 PM",

["player"] = "Me",

["campaign"] = "./mods/aircraft/Su-25T/Missions/en/Campaigns/Georgian Oil War - Grand Campaign.cmp",

["status"] = "Active",

["history"] =

{

[1] = <---- Select the section with the largest number - that is your latest entry.

{

["datetime"] = "05/06/2013 4:31:09 PM",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["stage"] = 3, <----- Set this number to a different stage in the campaign.

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["result"] = 0,

["mission"] = "ATO-A-P3.4.miz", <--- Set this to the mission name.

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["history"]

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["games"]

This is an example for the Su-25T campaign but you can locate the A-10C section and update it the same way.

Reply if you continue to have problems.

This is the change from entry 16 to 17 where it goes backwards. I understand it does not touch the logbook, but it happened after the update. Maybe an error from the game? Here it is just in case it helps...

[16] =

{

["datetime"] = "12/22/15 00:15:39",

["agKills"] = 0,

["aaKills"] = 0,

["result"] = 0,

["deathsCount"] = 0,

["stage"] = 9,

["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT08 Emergencies.miz",

}, -- end of [16]

[17] =

{