Flight Qualifications Campaign

Regarding TAC12 on 1.2.16

- I'm pretty sure BDA is battle damage assessment, not bomb damage assesment.

- I'm having problems with Firefly and the trucks: it may be because the target is moving, but more often than not I get ABORT ABORT ABORT three or four times in a row, and no options to call SPARKLE. Which leads

- The triggers seem to hang if you can't destroy all targets in the alloted time. The instructor says to call the end of VUL, but even after doing so nothing happens and if I fly to the FENCE OUT waypoint I get the out of bounds message and fail the mission

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding TAC12 on 1.2.16

- I'm pretty sure BDA is battle damage assessment, not bomb damage assesment.

- I'm having problems with Firefly and the trucks: it may be because the target is moving, but more often than not I get ABORT ABORT ABORT three or four times in a row, and no options to call SPARKLE. Which leads

- The triggers seem to hang if you can't destroy all targets in the alloted time. The instructor says to call the end of VUL, but even after doing so nothing happens and if I fly to the FENCE OUT waypoint I get the out of bounds message and fail the mission

BDA can be both: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomb_damage_assessment

For the ABORT calls check the heading you are using when making your attack runs. I found in testing that if you were off heading or tried to attack the target from too close a range you will hear the ABORT call. JTAC AI can be wonky at times but if you are on heading it usually works.

You do have to complete the mission within the playtime to score a pass so you do need to be efficient with your time. I'll check the triggers again to see why at the VUL expiration it didn't work properly for you.

If you want to compare your flight to Recon Stewart's video that might show where the differences are. [ame=

]
[/ame]

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

BDA can be both: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomb_damage_assessment

For the ABORT calls check the heading you are using when making your attack runs. I found in testing that if you were off heading or tried to attack the target from too close a range you will hear the ABORT call. JTAC AI can be wonky at times but if you are on heading it usually works.

You do have to complete the mission within the playtime to score a pass so you do need to be efficient with your time. I'll check the triggers again to see why at the VUL expiration it didn't work properly for you.

If you want to compare your flight to Recon Stewart's video that might show where the differences are.

Admiteddly I was calling IP INBOUND pretty close to the target, especially on reattacks. I guess that was the issue.

Regarding time, I just can't wrap myself around rockets, I find them awfully inconsistent. Just out of curiosity, are JTACS weapon requests mandatory or are they just suggestions? I'm sure I could take out those trucks with a single pass if I were to use guns.

Don't fret with the trigger checks, I won't be flying untile after new year unfortunately anyways.

There is nothing scripted that depends on the particular type of weapons used. If you kill all the targets during the mission that's all that is required.

However since you decide what weapons to use on what targets you could find yourself winchester before all the targets are eliminated.

I try to save my mavericks for the tanks and use bombs, rockets and guns on the other "softer" targets depending on the loadout. Even using the gun don't be wasteful.

Hi Sabre-TLA,

I started working on the TT11 and have one remark

I keep failing because of the out of bound.

In real life, this ounds are not added to the A10C moving map ?

It should be great to have the possibility to change the background map with the ones in the briefing to be sure to stay on the mission area...

(I know it's up to me to be aware of my position but with the TGP being a bit useless in 1.5 I spend to many time chasing the targets :/ )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, i must be stupid.

I downloaded the .miz set in it my missions but nothing happens. What must i do? thanks in advance

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Another thing I noticed: when firing rockets the GUNS GUNS GUNS call fires. Very minor, but I did notice in the triggers that ROCKETS should be said.

Merry Christmas!

Check your weapons selection or your weapons release key mapping as the triggers are setup like this:

Guns Trigger:

X: COCKPIT ARGUMENT IN RANGE (808, 0.5, 1) this is the Gun Trigger command argument.

Rockets Trigger:

X: COCKPIT ARGUMENT IN RANGE (740, 0.5, 1) this is the Release Weapon command argument.
X: COCKPIT INDICATION TEXT IS EQUAL TO (5, "Selected_Weapon_Profile", M-151 or M/M-151)

So you need to have the Rockets selected and use the Release Weapon key press or joystick button when using the rockets to hear the Rockets call.

Hi, i must be stupid.

I downloaded the .miz set in it my missions but nothing happens. What must i do? thanks in advance

Instructions for installing the missions are included in your email that contains your mission key.

Please review the FAQ at our website: MapleFlagMissions.ca

Check your weapons selection or your weapons release key mapping as the triggers are setup like this:

Guns Trigger:

X: COCKPIT ARGUMENT IN RANGE (808, 0.5, 1) this is the Gun Trigger command argument.

Rockets Trigger:

X: COCKPIT ARGUMENT IN RANGE (740, 0.5, 1) this is the Release Weapon command argument.
X: COCKPIT INDICATION TEXT IS EQUAL TO (5, "Selected_Weapon_Profile", M-151 or M/M-151)

So you need to have the Rockets selected and use the Release Weapon key press or joystick button when using the rockets to hear the Rockets call.

I think I know what is happening.

I rename the weapon profile name to "ROCKETS" during startup, so it's probably not picking up the rockets trigger. At the same time, I'm using PAC so I guess the first trigger fires.

It's fine, hardly a problem anyway.

This is for OpenBeta A10C BFT missions in DCS World 1.5.2

In BFT10 for A10C, during the third user input waypoint objective (the UTM one) when flying at the prescribed altitude of 12,000 feet, I get a failure due to incorrect altitude. I was failing this whether at the default altimeter pressure setting or at Batumi QFE of 29.89.

With cockpit altimeter indicating 12,000 at 29.89, the altitude reported in the F2 screen is ~12,493.

This issue was reported in the F15C forum. But search did not find a reference to this anywhere in this thread or in the A10C forum. And since I've ran this several times thinking I was doing something wrong, I am putting this out there as a general FYI.

So either fly at a few hundred feet below target or check the F2 view to verify altitude

Thanks for reporting that. This was never an issue before but it appears there was a game engine update that changed the Altitude values.

I'll update the package to account for it (make the trigger parameters larger) as currently + or - 300' will give you a fail for that waypoint as per the spec.

The following packages have been updated to support the new DCS World 1.5 Stable Release:

Basic Flight Training Qualification - 12 mission Campaign covering qualifications for Basic Aircraft Qualification (BAQ).

Basic Flight Training Qualification Practice Mission Package - Provides 12 Single Player missions that mimic the Campaign qualification missions and feature additional training dialogue and runway or in-air starts.

The AAT and TTQ packages will be updated over the next few days.

Your mission key and password can be used to install these updated packages and your campaign progress will not be impacted as it is recorded in your logbook.

The following packages have been updated to support the new DCS World 1.5 Stable Release:

Basic Flight Training Qualification - 12 mission Campaign covering qualifications for Basic Aircraft Qualification (BAQ).

Basic Flight Training Qualification Practice Mission Package - Provides 12 Single Player missions that mimic the Campaign qualification missions and feature additional training dialogue and runway or in-air starts.

Your mission key and password can be used to install these updated packages and your campaign progress will not be impacted as it is recorded in your logbook.

Aweosme!

Great, looking forward for the TTQ :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tactical Training Qualification Part A and Part B

You need both Part A and Part B installed to play the campaign.

BFT12 weirdness

There is something wrong with BFT12 on the A10C for 1.5.2. It's been brought up a couple of times in the past, but as was said before this mission is impossible to pass by following the FE in formation flight because the he arrives at each WP late. I do not believe this is due to the AI's wonky flying but rather by the DTOT set in the CDU for each WP.

Somewhere or somehow in the campaign version, the DTOT for each WP is being miscalculated. I can pass this PO in the practice version of it with no problem but fail the campaign version because I get to the WP too late.

For the campaign version, checking the DTOT on the CDU; WP5, WP10 , & WP15 are set past the required time. I have tried turning on the CDU as soon as possible (06:15:50) and tried turning it on later during the startup (06:23:00) and various points in between. This results in differing times for each WP, with the earliest DTOT for WP5 being 06:42:01 at the earliest CDU start of 06:15:50.

What I did find was that the elapsed time between the WP's are consistent even if the DTOT is different. So from WP5 to WP6 the elapsed time between WP5's DTOT and WP6's DTOT is always 55 seconds. This consistency is always there in the campaign as well as the practice version. The difference is that the practice mission's DTOT for WP's 5, 10, & 15 are set correctly.

The only way I was able to pass this was to manually set the DTOT for each WP and then leave the formation once I joined to hit each DTOT within requirement. When I reached WP15, the FE was several minutes behind me.

My guess is that the AI is flying erratically (>140kts from WP4 to WP5) because it is trying to hit the RIAS for the DTOT. WP5 to WP6 RIAS is over 330Kts and I assume the AI is gaining altitude to gain speed by zooming down.

Take off time is 06:30:00 +/- 10s

I have watched Recon Stewart's video (SOP prior to each mission)

I do not get Unq'd for breaking altitude limits

DCS World 1.5.2.48720

OpenBeta BAQ as well as the latest version released 12/30

Attached is a pdf showing the DTOT that was set in the CDU by default for both campaign and for practice for each WP. Practice had some weirdness for WP2-4 but did not effect passing the mission. To pass the campaign, I had to manually set the DTOT for each WP in the CDU using the practice mission DTOT (thanks BFT10).

BFT12.pdf

This is a years old issue that I have never seen addressed by ED. Basically all DTOTs are displaced in time based on when the CDU is started. The reason it works in the practice mission is that you start in the air, so the simulation sets the DTOTs exactly as specified in the editor.

The only solution I found for the player is to use the GPS TIME menu to enter a displacement and align all DTOTs back to the correct values. This is obviously impossible to do for the AI though.

Thanks for the feedback on this mission.

As Gliptal has said this is an issue when starting from the ramp.

Since it's a formation flight mission I wouldn't worry too much about the DTOT but focus more on being in formation with the FE when you get to the waypoint. The FE has the responsibility to get to the waypoints on time and if you are close to him then the success triggers should fire.

If you takeoff close to the stated takeoff time then the FE should hit the waypoints close to the expected DTOT.

I'll do some experimenting and see if there is a way to put the FE into an orbit until the desired time to meet the waypoints to help make his flight more stable.

ED's game engine changes have changed the behavior since it was first designed as the practice mission was built after the qualification mission and you can see the practice mission is still working as designed.